AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Got my hands on the pack today. Here are a couple side by side shots. I only took pictures of the major differences. 1. Toe- All the varsity red pairs that I've looked at have a ruffled toe (pretty slight, but noticeable). 2. Leather - Infrared is similar to latest releases (IX and II), varsity red - soft, but a bit shiny and pebbled. I personally like the leather on the varsity reds over the infrareds. Didn't take pictures of the black because they are identical aside from the infrared (material is exactly the same).

I don't see a big enough difference to justify this purchase. I'm 28 and want og just as much as the next person, but I can't see purchasing the pack unless you passed on the blk/varsity reds. I'm grabbing the varsity reds and gonna call it a day.

4685999473_dc2aa6304b_b.jpg

4686631698_7da84fa7eb_b.jpg

I'm from Cali and am on vacation visiting New York and I am amazed at how many sneaker stores there are here. I walked into a few stores today but none had the pack, or maybe they did but didn't want to show me. They all said they were gonna be releasing next week. I did find a couple stores that were selling the white/varsity red version early so I scooped up a pair. I am actually quite impressed by the varsity reds. Leather is soft and a little shiny, but not messed up or creased at all. The varsity red on the midsole is a little shiny as well, but not applied sloppy. All in all a great, clean looking shoe. I'm very happy with the purchase. If the opportunity comes, I'll get the infrared pack as well, but I'm not gonna stress out too much about it as the varsity reds will do.

I'm 28 and want og just as much as the next person, but I can't see purchasing the pack unless you passed on the blk/varsity reds. I'm grabbing the varsity reds and gonna call it a day.

same here. I think your pics just sold me on the varsity's. They are lookin real good in those pics!

Originally Posted by MLE323

I'm 28 and want og just as much as the next person, but I can't see purchasing the pack unless you passed on the blk/varsity reds. I'm grabbing the varsity reds and gonna call it a day.

same here. I think your pics just sold me on the varsity's. They are lookin real good in those pics!
thats what i been saying 
jordan brand is trying to dupe us twice in the same year 

F***K this pack 

all your getting is 2 reusable "garbage" bags with stickers and a box 

for the same shoes already released 

i know people will not agree 

but thats what i see from the pics and I have been buying jordans since 1988 

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

thats what i been saying 
jordan brand is trying to dupe us twice in the same year 

F***K this pack 

all your getting is 2 reusable "garbage" bags with stickers and a box 

for the same shoes already released 

i know people will not agree 

but thats what i see from the pics and I have been buying jordans since 1988 

Truth!.. laziness, greed and ignorance towards the heads that's been supporting them since day one!

Hahah man there's almost no way I'll be getting a pack in my area..
I'll try though. but first, does anyone know if the quality of the white infrareds the same as the white varsity reds? I've held the white varsity reds and those felt a little cheap imo.

Honestly, people say the leather is "cheap" on the Varsity reds.. they are actually great quality. People are so used to bad quality that they can't tell the difference. Those 6's are made with amazing leather, same as the motorsports, just slight difference.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

^^^WILL LET YOU KNOW ONCE I COMPARE THE TWO TODAY. I HAVE BOTH THE BLACK AND WHITE VARSITY RED 6'S ALREADY AND I'M LEAVING WORK AFTER TYPING THIS TO GO PICK UP MY PACK FROM THE POST OFFICE.
Good looking out Memphis

To all that's still wondering these are the exact same shoes as the varsity reds. Infrared in color and packaging or the only diffrences. Do not let anyone they are different or even slightly different. I'm pretty sure jb produced a lot of vreds and had enough to make these. These are merely food for the Hype Best.

I passed on the varisitys and up here in Canada,getting the pack would be cheaper than buying both varsitys and I personally prefer the infrared so I'll just wait until the 19th to go pick mine up.

I don't get it.

Why would one "settle" for Varsity red's over the OG Infrared if you are able to
get your hands on the pack?

The price doesn't even adds up as a better deal.

laugh.gif
at lazy and ignorance.

You serious? Your in the same bunch by committing to that consumer-staller VR VI.

I like always digged the infra color and its more reflective towards the OG.

Copped for me.

This is as good as its gonna get in this economy.

Most cats just salty caused JB dupped' em with that VR joke and couldn't
be patient when cats tried to tell about this drop.

Originally Posted by bulls90s

Good looks on the pics DetroitNappy.
You're welcome.

Dope! I like them a lot (and they're half the price haha)....

Originally Posted by THE FAME

I don't get it.

Why would one "settle" for Varsity red's over the OG Infrared if you are able to

Choosing one over the other isn't settling. I'm satisfied with the wht/varsity red, and have already purchased the blk/varsity red...

I agree that a lot of people are upset/frustrated w/ JB. This was a poorly executed release on their behalf.

Originally Posted by DetroitNappy

Originally Posted by THE FAME

I don't get it.

Choosing one over the other isn't settling. I'm satisfied with the wht/varsity red, and have already purchased the blk/varsity red...

I agree that a lot of people are upset/frustrated w/ JB. This was a poorly executed release on their behalf.
I can understand from your standpoint of just simply liking the varsity red over infrared,
and agreed this was def poorly executed.

I just seen these at Niketown the other day. Anyone notice the Cardboard under the insole? Really Nike?? Im hoping it was just that one pair.

PICTURES DON'T DO THESE JUSTICE. BEEN LOOKING AT PICS FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS, BUT AFTER GETTING MY PAIR, THE COLOR DIFFERENCE IN PERSON IS VERY NOTICABLE.

QUALITY WISE, THEY ARE ABOUT EQUAL, WITH THE INFRAREDS BEING A TAD BIT BETTER WITH THE LEATHER AND PAINT JOB. I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S A QUALITY ISSUE WITH MY PARTICULAR PAIR OF INFRAREDS BEING MADE BETTER THAN MY PARTICULAR PAIR OF VARSITY REDS, OR IF THAT WILL BE SEEN ACROSS THE BOARD.

OF COURSE, THE PACKAGING IS NICE AND DEF MAKE THESE A COLLECTOR'S ITEM BUT I DONT SEE WHY MANY CANT BE HAPPY WITH THE VARSITIES. I LIKE INFRARED OVER VARSITY WHICH IS WHY I COPPED THIS PACK AS WELL. I DONT SEE ME WEARING MY INFRAREDS FOR AWHILE AT LEAST.

OVERALL,
pimp.gif

ama2bn.jpg
21zuza.jpg

BONUS: COMPLETED MY INFRARED AND VARSITY PACKS. NOW ONTO THE UNIVESITY BLUE/CLEAR SOLE 2'S

scb18i.jpg

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Still no word yet in my area..that leads me to believe I have no chance at these..I would try my luck online but I don't get off work until 7 RD morning
just take a REALLY long bathroom break

Originally Posted by YoungGunna714

I just seen these at Niketown the other day. Anyone notice the Cardboard under the insole? Really Nike?? Im hoping it was just that one pair.

There was cardboard under the 2000 retroes

Back
Top Bottom