Al Sharpton to sue the DNC

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/10/749284.aspx

Al Sharpton is in Florida and said he is prepared to sue if Florida and Michigan's delegates are seated as is. He said there are people who didn't vote because they knew their vote wouldn't count and "there must be a formula to factor" them in.

"There were many people that did not vote, because the DNC said their vote did not count," Sharpton said on MSNBC. "Whatever way this is resolved, they must be factored in."
Sharpton instead called for a re-do of the voting in both states. "There must be a way that people can exercise their right to vote who did not vote."

Called it "absurd" that Michigan where uncommitted was on the ballot, would get their delegates seated as is.

"If they try to seat as is," Sharpton said, he and the National Action Network are prepared to file suit.

As we noted in First Read this morning, Sharpton is in Florida to meet with local National Action Network chapters in Orlando, Port St. Lucie and Miami where they will plan to sign up people who will say they didn't vote because they were "told their vote wouldn't count. And we'll do it in Michigan too."

Co-sign on the first two posts.

Has he apologized yet to the Duke Lacrosse team?
eyes.gif

I hope he jumps off a bridge.

BUT (!!!!!)

He's 100% right on that. Michigan and Florida should re-do their primaries. That's not how things are supposed to work.

I faiil to see why HE is the guy suing them though. Whatever.

are there really people out there who agree with what this guy says on various issues?
smh.gif

Not really a fan of Al but..

"He's 100% right on that. Michigan and Florida should re-do their primaries. That's not how things are supposed to work."

He's 100% right on that. Michigan and Florida should re-do their primaries.
Nobody has even said, "Florida and Michigan, tough cookies. Nothing we can do about it."

Everybody is trying to work out a solution to that mess. Stuff takes time.

But here comes Al threatening to sue the DNC.
laugh.gif

Someone should be paid full time to keep Sharpton away from microphones and all other media outlets.

And when I say 'paid full time', I'm talking a 6-figure income with premier health benefits and a very competitive retirement plan.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Nobody has even said, "Florida and Michigan, tough cookies. Nothing we can do about it."

laugh.gif

Well, actually, they have. Florida and Michigan were told not to do that and they went ahead and did it anyway. The whole situation is a little bitridiculous.

But I agree with you from the second line onwards. It is a situation that is being dealt with, and a lawsuit will do no good.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Well, actually, they have. Florida and Michigan were told not to do that and they went ahead and did it anyway. The whole situation is a little bit ridiculous.

But I agree with you from the second line onwards. It is a situation that is being dealt with, and a lawsuit will do no good.

Both Florida and Michigan did bend the rules, and as result, they got penalized for it. (Not being seated)

Now that the Democratic Race is so close, those two states could play a role, and now they're trying to find a way to resolve the issue. (Using theoriginal results, do over, mail in ballots, etc.)

What Sharpton is saying, if it goes as is, using the original vote count, and seating the delegates through those means, then he's going to sue, since,a lot of people didn't bother to vote since they knew their state was penalized and their votes 'wouldn't count.' (Which is true and a validpoint)

The thing is, of course the DNC isn't going by the original tally since Barack's name wasn't even on the Michigan ballot.

The DNC is currently trying to figure out a way that the two states delegates can get seated, but what's the best way to do it. Again, mail in ballots,total do over, etc. (This would also give a chance for everybody to participate)

The thing with Sharpton is, here he goes again, shooting from the mouth.

While the DNC and the two states are trying to find a way to resolve the issue, Al is threatening lawsuit. (When again, nobody even said, "We'regoing to seat the delegates as is."

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif

Well, actually, they have. Florida and Michigan were told not to do that and they went ahead and did it anyway. The whole situation is a little bitridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom