Alaska Niketalkers CHECK IN!!! WE NEED TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

Originally Posted by gettinit247

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

So did yall even get the concords and if yall did how did it go?
Of course we got the Concords! All the Footlockers had them, and Nordstroms had them also.

I got mine at Nordstroms. It was much more hectic than the Space Jam release (Skipped the Cool Greys, don't like them personally).

For the Space Jam release, I was first in line at 6:30 in the morning.

For the Concords, I went to the same mall at 7:00 a.m. and there were 40+ people. So I ran to Nordstroms, was about 25th in line, and I got a 13 for $175. The Concord hype was no joke
30t6p3b.gif

I was in the Nordstrom line too lol. Me and Jermaine were there at midnight....was definetly rough.
sick.gif
 I was the one wearing the cool grey xi's.

sneakergameinsane - I doubt any of our FL's got the SLH today. We usually get our shipments in a week late lmao. It's the following Tuesday %$# starts to come in. Besides we never got mangos or Griffeys.
Yeah man Jermaine stays with the heat. He had the Ray Allen XIII's on 
pimp.gif

I had the Space Jams on (sig check). I may know you 
laugh.gif

That late shipment stuff gets annoying too. I almost missed the True Blues because of that. I ordered from a Footlocker in North Dakota with a Footlocker gift card 
laugh.gif

I guess its a little easier to pick shoes up if they come in a week late then
Not necessarily. You always have to call in to see if they have them in, or constantly hawk the store.

I was in Anchorage for the Great Alaskan Shootout during thanksgiving and I got the Black Cement 3's from the Footlocker in the mall. I felt like I was the first couple of people in the store and they had already sold out of the common sizes? Do the guys that work at the store hold sizes for themselves? It seemed a little sketch. But I guess it is what it is haha. Alaska was definitely cool. I don't think I can handle the winter time there but I would definitely go back again during the summer time.

Originally Posted by mikeol

I was in Anchorage for the Great Alaskan Shootout during thanksgiving and I got the Black Cement 3's from the Footlocker in the mall. I felt like I was the first couple of people in the store and they had already sold out of the common sizes? Do the guys that work at the store hold sizes for themselves? It seemed a little sketch. But I guess it is what it is haha. Alaska was definitely cool. I don't think I can handle the winter time there but I would definitely go back again during the summer time.
Oh yeah, they definitely do. You have to call in semi-frequently to make sure your size will be at that specific footlocker.
Excuse my ignorance, but when do yall wear yall shoes with all that snow on the ground?

Good question. I usually wear my black leather shoes in the winter. As long as the material isn't nubuck/suede, I can wear anything (when there isn't a fresh foot of snow on the ground of course). I've worn the BC III's, 3M V's, even my Space Jams to name a few. I just clean my shoes more often in the winter.

Does it ever get above 80 degrees in the summer? I was reading the farmers almanac and It said the hottest it got was the mid 70s. Im not complaining because I live and go to school in
North Carolina

Does it ever get above 80 degrees in the summer? I was reading the farmers almanac and It said the hottest it got was the mid 70s. Im not complaining because I live and go to school in
North Carolina
Back in the day (early-mid 2000's) it used to be in the 70's & 80's a decent amount in Anchorage. I remember for Memorial Day weekend seven years ago I went to Fairbanks and it was 90-98 the whole time.

In the last 5 years the summers have definitely been cooler.

Of course we got the Concords! All the Footlockers had them, and Nordstroms had them also.

I got mine at Nordstroms. It was much more hectic than the Space Jam release (Skipped the Cool Greys, don't like them personally).

For the Space Jam release, I was first in line at 6:30 in the morning.

For the Concords, I went to the same mall at 7:00 a.m. and there were 40+ people. So I ran to Nordstroms, was about 25th in line, and I got a 13 for $175. The Concord hype was no joke
30t6p3b.gif

I was in the Nordstrom line too lol. Me and Jermaine were there at midnight....was definetly rough.
sick.gif
 I was the one wearing the cool grey xi's.

sneakergameinsane - I doubt any of our FL's got the SLH today. We usually get our shipments in a week late lmao. It's the following Tuesday %$# starts to come in. Besides we never got mangos or Griffeys.
Yeah man Jermaine stays with the heat. He had the Ray Allen XIII's on 
pimp.gif

I had the Space Jams on (sig check). I may know you 
laugh.gif

That late shipment stuff gets annoying too. I almost missed the True Blues because of that. I ordered from a Footlocker in North Dakota with a Footlocker gift card 
laugh.gif

Yeah I remember you. As small as Anchorage is we probably do know each other lol
laugh.gif
 I just remember the snow from that night, sheesh.
sick.gif

mikeol - Yes they hold sizes for friends, family, co-workers etc. Too much politics involved. That is exactly why I went to Nordstroms to avoid being screwed after waiting 8 hours in line. Nordies got a strict customer 1st policy lol. Even employees had to wait in line.

Alaska Niketalker here. I would say im a pretty serious collector. Been collecting since I was in 6th grade (27 now). Slowed down alot though since I dont have alot of time to where my shoes and more focused on my cars at the moment. I get frustrated with the FL's here giving false info on release dates as well so its frustrating.

I pretty much buy 95% of my kicks on eastbay.

Theres one particular member from alaska that has arguably the best collections nationwide so dont sleep on alaska lol.

Originally Posted by akm2tan

Theres one particular member from alaska that has arguably the best collections nationwide so dont sleep on alaska lol.
Yeah man cosign on that.

I know him.

Yeah man cosign on that.

I know him.
Haha I saw him today at nordstroms.  Copped a pair of Danskos for the wifey from him.  Hes really the only shoehead I know here.  I keep it lowkey though, I dont camp out anymore and I hate wearing any shoes in this current weather. 

Yeah man cosign on that.

I know him.
Haha I saw him today at nordstroms.  Copped a pair of Danskos for the wifey from him.  Hes really the only shoehead I know here.  I keep it lowkey though, I dont camp out anymore and I hate wearing any shoes in this current weather. 
I feel you on that

i was out there for 2 months (july-sept) and i didnt see much as far as folks rockin much heat. but like said earlier, aint too many folks messin with phase's collection.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i was out there for 2 months (july-sept) and i didnt see much as far as folks rockin much heat. but like said earlier, aint too many folks messin with phase's collection.

We all know that.  Phase2 poops on everyone

Did you guys get the easter pack?
I'm currently not in town, so I wouldn't know. Plus if they get them, it would most likely be tomorrow or Tuesday.

Honestly has it stopped snowing yet? 

My uncle lives in Anchorage and I read Alaska has received 131 inches of snow 
sick.gif
 thats tooo much snow!!!

Hopefully it will be gone by May

It should be by the time I get back I hope
laugh.gif

It's not unusual for it to be snowing in April.

The amount of snowfall that has accumulated this year has been ridiculous. When I was there for winter break, there was much more snow than usual.

Back
Top Bottom