Album that made you a music fan.

outkast_stankonia_cover.jpg

I was 10 years old at Sam Goodie and had this and The Dynasty in my hand. I picked Stankonia because So Fresh and So Clean was so ill to me. I remember gettingin trouble for leaving the CD on my desk, and my mom found it. For the people who have Stankonia, you already know what's on the cd
laugh.gif

I bumped Stankonia everyday for like 10 months. It was some wierd, funky music, but after listening to it, I became a fan of music forever. Crazy because Idon't even bump Outkast like I do Jay now.

So what album put you on??

Innervisions.

When I was young, I enjoyed it, but I didn't understand why my mom and sis loved it. Then I got a hold of it...

It was written...first album i copped was the score but IWW made me appreciate rap and turned me into a hiphop head

Listened to this on all those family trips to north carolina before I knew what music was. Thanks pops.
pimp.gif

album-al-green-greatest-hits.jpg

First Hip Hop Album I heard. Pops was a huge hip hop head and this was his favorite album. Both my parents love music but this is where it started forme.
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Dang I thought this was about how you became a fan of an particular artist. Lol

I can't really name one album but the ones that come to mind:
TLC - CrazySexyCool
Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die
The Fugees - The Score
Kris Kross - Totally Krossed Out
Puff Daddy and The Family - No Way Out
Michael Jackson - Dangerous

Matchbox 20-Mad Season
Kenny Chesney-Greatest Hits
Notorious BIG-Life After Death
Bush-Sixteen Stone

Big influences in their own styles/genre for me.

i remember listening to illmatic and me against the world when i was 11. then my cousin would play unreleased pac casettes (when casettes were popping) andit's been history ever since.

MichaelJacksonThriller_Full.jpg

This made me a fan of music...First music album I ever heard from any genres..first song i ever heard was "thriller"

This made me a fan of rap..hip-hop... First rap album I ever heard...first rap song i ever heard was "ny state of mind"

Not tryna sound like i'm piece riding 'ye but this is realtalk...

These albums can turn a non hip-hop fan into one...

242_1.jpg

album-late-registration.jpg

kanye_west_graduation.jpg

i think mind playin tricks on me was the first song i memorized, so natuarally i grew up liking all that stuff
the first cd i ever owned was slik- charge it to da game

selfd.jpeg

LL+Cool+J+(1987)+-+Bigger+And+Deffer.jpg

these two 12"s are the ones i remember the most that got me into hip hop! i was only 4 but i can still remember runnin around with my deddy gucci linkchain on with no shirt and some pajama pants on screamin "AWWWWW IM BAADDD!!!!!"
laugh.gif
.....pops taught me how to use the turntable, so everytime i would get in my party mode, i would always start DJn for my stuffedanimals!!!
roll.gif

from then on...i was hooked!

"let me take it back in the days to me in my pj's in the pj's one turntable thinkin im adj"..........Ree$e

Back
Top Bottom