Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Cinematographer With Prop Gun

RIP, how the hell does **** like this happen? Sick people on set?

A good post from Reddit:

And, a follow up video of Will Smith NOT messing around with firearms on set.

RIP, how the hell does **** like this happen? Sick people on set?
prop guns can still kill if it is at point blank range and depending on spot

in the case of brandon lee, wasn't it a real bullet that struck him?

I forgot that happened to Brandon Lee. Rest in peace.
I haven’t seen The Crow since it came out and Brandon Lee instantly came to mind. I’ve never forgotten that accident because it blew my mind to think that something like that could happen on a big time Hollywood movie set. I know accidents happen but anytime firearms are involved you have to take every precaution.

RIP to the deceased crew member 🥺

I realized that I haven't seen it either since it released because of the death of Brandon Lee.
It was one of those things where you watched it once and didn’t want to do it again knowing what had occurred. I never rented it when it released on VHS and still don’t have it in my dvd collection.

prop guns can still kill if it is at point blank range and depending on spot

in the case of brandon lee, wasn't it a real bullet that struck him?

Not a real bullet. They filmed a close up shot of the revolver firing first. They removed the powder charges and only had dummy bullets because blanks and powder charges would have made the bullets look fake. They fired dummy rounds for that shot, but one ended up stuck in the barrel (NOT in the chamber), as there wasn't enough force to eject it. When they loaded the gun with blanks and powder charges, the force of that dislodged the stuck dummy bullet, and it was enough to be fatal.

RIP

That said this is what 2 accidents in like 30 years. Something clearly went wrong here but making sweeping generalizations or changes is akin to cancel culture. Mourn and move on.

This is terrible - obviously for the family of the 2 people shot but also for Baldwin - I can’t imagine how he feels and telling yourself it was an accident won’t help.

I heard a clip on the news and they said it must have been a closeup (that’s why those 2 would be so near him) and at that range just a fragment of something stuck in the barrel could be fatal.

I know he’s feeling it. This has to feel terrible.
A67BDE77-4C71-4283-9169-0B2250519931.jpeg

I haven’t seen The Crow since it came out and Brandon Lee instantly came to mind. I’ve never forgotten that accident because it blew my mind to think that something like that could happen on a big time Hollywood movie set. I know accidents happen but anytime firearms are involved you have to take every precaution.

RIP to the deceased crew member 🥺

Going off memory from watching The Crow years ago it was a shooting scene and the bullet that killed him was the 3rd bullet. If anyone watches the movie after reading this the 3rd bullet was the live round and caused Brandon Lee to actually clutch his chest/stomach area after he was shot after he stood straight from the first and second round being fired at him. They actually still kept the moment Brandon Lee was fatally shot in the movie.

deuce king deuce king , I’m shocked they let that footage ride into the film. I still can’t bring myself to watch it.

Yeah I’m with ya as far as them keeping that in the movie. For some reason I remember the breaking story of him dying on set and when the movie released it being discovered that the studio kept that fatal shot scene in the movie……for whatever reason.

Yeah I’m with ya as far as them keeping that in the movie. For some reason I remember the breaking story of him dying on set and when the movie released it being discovered that the studio kept that fatal shot scene in the movie……for whatever reason.

Hollywood people are weirdos man. From the celebs to the CEO’s.

Back
Top Bottom