All Artist And Fans Of Art Come On In!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn....1364094100_78364_5530.jpg

dont know how to host photo's but here...

sumin' lite. you can see uncle sam and uncle chin in the bottom left
laugh.gif

I swear I suck at life. Not good for nothing. To everyone posting its all real nice! keep em coming!

I stoped drawing like 6 years ago, most drawings were done in middle school.

roll.gif
spelled his name wrong, too lazy to fix it

Rilla.....ya music is aite for real.

A couple of commissions done for me by Chamba, dude that does illustrations for the Street Fighter comic book.

2dlrszr.jpg

5pkbd2.jpg

dbr59h.jpg

Will be giving out a bunch of these promotional designs soon.

That door to the art world is like Pandora's Box. My taste and knowledge in art (particularly pop art) has grown so much since I first started takingnotice of the field.

Originally Posted by DL2352

Originally Posted by pure ice water

Here's one of my oil paintings. It's pretty big (door and sofa behind painting for reference).

n860730146_460318_153.jpg

thats real clean...... i wish i was good at painting lol

how long did this take you?
It took me about a week. The most time consuming part is getting the shadows right. I wish I had detail pics
laugh.gif
This painting is truly awesome. Would look so wicked on my wall lol. good job man, I wish I had talent likethis
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ardeedas

Did you scan the original picture and vectoried it with PS to get the proper shading? Or did you just eye it and do it in your head!? Or did you not use any reference except your brain and you can just see things in vector mode!? LOL anyways sick painting... i've always wanted to do something like that for my lady.
There was no vectoring done. I played around with the original images contrast settings and came up with something close to what you see on the canvas. The final piece has some tweaks to the shading than what was on the image but I think it worked out pretty okay.

Here are a couple more.

Oil. I wonder if anyone recognizes who this is...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

n860730146_155639_2932.jpg
Misa Campo? But either way
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and can someone define for me or provide some insight:
"WHAT IS ART?"
-yeah apparently my gf thinks photography is not art. and said to me "Your pictures are not art"
-I think art is whatever you want it to be, being creative to make an image of some sort to express feelings, thoughts, or nothing (just cause it looks cool).Maybe someone can help me out here. Music, is it art? Rap music? I know a lot of people will say its not, and a lot of people will say it is, but I think it isa form of art even though all they talk about is money.

Thanks man
embarassed.gif
. Me and my dude JT (From The Era... I'll put you on them in a sec) was just talking last night about how even the smallest compliments tasteso sweet man. Some chick made his WEEK with 4 words, "You got dem skillz". He said that was like the best %!%+ he ever heard. So yeah, thank you onceagain bro.
pimp.gif

Winter, I'm feelin the music homey! I dont even listen to independent rap like that either, but that got a old school OG kinda feel to it. Diggin it.

That's what's all the way up homie... I got some new new out RIGHT now if you dig that stuff. Peep the links. Get at me on myspace.

n8229793_35095255_544.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo. Modeled by my little brother.

kaka3.jpg

Kaka. Modeled by me.

creative.jpg

sam_ps%2Bcopy.jpg

A shirt I made for a friend of mine.

nohomo_1.jpg

spread%2Blove_1.jpg

Spread Love...

Now, onto the drawings...

n557875083_2623080_7140.jpg

n557875083_2623081_7419.jpg

Thierry Henry.

n557875083_2623082_7705.jpg

Zidane. Not finished
tired.gif

n557875083_2623083_7993.jpg

Clive Owen.

Originally Posted by ardeedas

Did you scan the original picture and vectoried it with PS to get the proper shading? Or did you just eye it and do it in your head!? Or did you not use any reference except your brain and you can just see things in vector mode!? LOL anyways sick painting... i've always wanted to do something like that for my lady.
There was no vectoring done. I played around with the original images contrast settings and came up with something close to what you see on the canvas. The final piece has some tweaks to the shading than what was on the image but I think it worked out pretty okay.

Here are a couple more.

Oil. I wonder if anyone recognizes who this is...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

n860730146_155639_2932.jpg
Misa Campo? But either way
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and can someone define for me or provide some insight:
"WHAT IS ART?"
-yeah apparently my gf thinks photography is not art. and said to me "Your pictures are not art"
-I think art is whatever you want it to be, being creative to make an image of some sort to express feelings, thoughts, or nothing (just cause it looks cool). Maybe someone can help me out here. Music, is it art? Rap music? I know a lot of people will say its not, and a lot of people will say it is, but I think it is a form of art even though all they talk about is money.

I personally feel that art is anything that a person creates in order to effectively convey a message. This might not be as romantic a definitionas people are use to hearing. Regardless of medium or subject matter, as long as it's something original that can affect another person's senses in away, then it's art.

Photography can be a form of art but not all photographs are considered art, you know? Like, take for instance, Ansel Adams landscape photographs would beconsidered art by almost everybody but a picture some kid takes of his new Jordan's he just copped would probably not be.
laugh.gif

Music can of course be considered another type of art. Rap is kind of a difficult genre to define though because I seriously don't think every rapper is amusical artist. That's not to say there aren't some that are. Some of the more recognizable people like Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, etc. The ones that puttheir heart and soul into their lyrics. I don't think you could debate whether that is art or not. On the other hand, you got these kids like Soulja Boyand Young Berg ("I'm an artist sir") and judging by their catalog of work, I wouldn't say they were.

The thing about art is, people are going to have opinions one way or another so I wouldn't worry myself with what others have to say. Just take thecompliments with the criticisms and keep working on your craft.

and yes that is Misa Campo
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lauk4kicks

"WHAT IS ART?"
-I think art is whatever you want it to be, being creative to make an image of some sort to express feelings, thoughts, or nothing (just cause it looks cool). Maybe someone can help me out here. Music, is it art? Rap music? I know a lot of people will say its not, and a lot of people will say it is, but I think it is a form of art even though all they talk about is money.

I would define art relatively broadly as creative expression. Whether something is good or bad art is far better question than whether something is art.Drawing a line in the sand to define art is fruitless task. Something as simple and basic as waking up in the morning could be done as performance art. Whetherthat is good art is debatable. Art is not task hinging on technical skill, people seem to have this idea being able to draw or paint or whatever makes you anartist, no that makes you an illustrator or a painter or whatever. Art is about the expression of ideas both incredibly simple and quite complex and whatevermay be in between. Often the medium requires a technical skill like the ability to illustrate, and certainly inherent or taught skills on buildingaesthetically appealing compositions are tools the artist employes but simply put about anything can be art.

nocomment6

great oil paitings

The Black James Bond

those sketches are exceptional

thanks for those who contributed would love to see more

nocomment6 - those oil paintings are amazing!
eek.gif

the black james bond - love those sketches man. especially the zidane one.

mightymyt - transformers sketches are sick!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Man I wish I could paint, I've got this idea that would make a great painting to me.
just try it then...anybody can paint.

i love art....because ever since I was a kid it's one of the few things I excelled at. Now turning into an adult my artistic ability is improving. To meart is just a concept one can customize and interpret...

I would post my stuff up, I've got *%+* ranging from water colors of just random ideas I had, sketches, sneaker and clothing designs-which is an art init's own right...I need to invest in a scanner...and photoshop.

ZieGirl and DL
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom