All My Playas (Guitar Players)

How did you guys get a grasp on learning the scales and not being robotic? What techniques worked for you guys? I'm kind of stuck in a "purgatory" so to speak as far as guitar playing goes. Any advice helps. 

How did you guys get a grasp on learning the scales and not being robotic? What techniques worked for you guys? I'm kind of stuck in a "purgatory" so to speak as far as guitar playing goes. Any advice helps. 

Originally Posted by IX Is Tha Future

I just go ape !$*% on the guitar and try to make simple music with some basic blues scales or boxes. I don't know how to help you as I just do it. I apologize. Maybe you can try it out too?

Originally Posted by IX Is Tha Future

I just go ape !$*% on the guitar and try to make simple music with some basic blues scales or boxes. I don't know how to help you as I just do it. I apologize. Maybe you can try it out too?

First you gotta understand scales and lead playing but I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking how to use scales to improvise and solo? If so ultimate-guitar.com has an endless supply on this topic in their forums

But as far as myself what really helped was learning simple blues songs and learning songs with solos then using the structures of those songs as a jumping point for my own soloing and improv. Also in the beginning stages of learning scales you really can't get away from being robotic

First you gotta understand scales and lead playing but I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking how to use scales to improvise and solo? If so ultimate-guitar.com has an endless supply on this topic in their forums

But as far as myself what really helped was learning simple blues songs and learning songs with solos then using the structures of those songs as a jumping point for my own soloing and improv. Also in the beginning stages of learning scales you really can't get away from being robotic

Back
Top Bottom