All Time College Busts

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Proshares

Would you put Mike Williams or Maroney is this group? Or not yet?
They wouldn't be in the conversation at all. They did work in college.

And I can't tell who that is from that picture Matt

Ah, completely misunderstood the question
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Would you put Mike Williams or Maroney is this group? Or not yet?
They wouldn't be in the conversation at all. They did work in college.

And I can't tell who that is from that picture Matt

I think its Majestic Mapp.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I can't tell who that is from that picture Matt
Majestic Mapp

If you saw him play in HS you would understand my pain
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Ahhhhhh, heard the name. Never seen any vids though.

_ had a brother named like Science or some #@#@ like that, right?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

My all time bust,

Mustafa Shakur.

^..

Brock Berlin
Berlin was a consensus All-America selection, USA Today National Offensive Player of the Year and Gatorade National Player of the Year as a senior at EvangelChristian Academy. He led Evangel Christian to three consecutive Louisiana state championships, he is considered one of the most highly touted and sought afterblue chip quarterbacks in history... and was #2 overall player in 2000 Rivals 100.

though
tired.gif
at the 2003 Miami-Florida game.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

d1a16a46d70ee84eeabf686995fd740ed70a74dc.pjpg
Wow how did I forget about Justin Zwick. I could have told you he was buns coming out of Massillon Washington.
laugh.gif

Which leads to the next COMPLETE BUST as a Buckeye: Jamario O'Neal (consensus top 3 DB in the nation).

2wqzpqw.jpg

He was like having 10 men on the field he was that big of a liability in coverage.
laugh.gif

EDIT: Enough Buckeyes though, I gotta post some Wolverines.
tired.gif

My son JR might have done some big things if he hadn't acted like a fool 24/7 while at KS. Oh and he couldn't dribble and fell in love with the 3 ball,lol.

How can adams be a bust? Zona ant had a player play with heart since he left

And Justin Zwick has ways been a bum, people said he was the worst qb to ever attend that elite qb camp and that was right after it was over.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by yungmatt

*puts on blue/white glasses*

Duhon finished his career as Duke's all-time leader in steals (300) and minutes played (4,813), and second in assists (819). He had one of Duke's top assists to turnover ratios as well. In Duhon's four years, Duke compiled a 123-21 record, making Duhon the second winningest player in Duke and Atlantic Coast Conference history, behind Duke's Shane Battier (131 wins). He helped the Blue Devils win three ACC Championships. Duhon was a finalist for the 2004 Wooden Award, the Naismith Award, and Rupp Trophy awards. He left as the only Atlantic Coast Conference player to record 1,200 points, 800 assists, 475 rebounds, 300 steals, and 125 three-point shots.

Your not supposed to stay for 4 years when your the #1 ranked PG in the nation
laugh.gif
Screw that.
laugh.gif
Dre just deaded OP's claim.
pimp.gif

I'll admit, Duhon most def. didn't fully live up to the billing...SURE, i'll give you that...BUT

Dude IS NOT AN "ALL TIME BUST" though...the thought/accusation alone is straight laughable.
laugh.gif

I'll be back with some TRUE busts.
wink.gif

Uhh...that's typically what a bust is. A player who doesn't live up to their billing. I'm not the one trying to place them on scales...so I don't know what a "true" bust is. A bust is a bust.
I'm sorry, but your own title reads "ALL TIME COLLEGE BUSTS", keword: "ALL TIME"

Just take the L on Duhon and keep in movin'...this is a good thread. Did you even look @ the class of 2000 PG's link that you claimed was a "very deep class" that was posted?

Marcus Taylor (ahead of Duhon on that list),
Taliek Brown,
Andre Barret,
and Omar Cook
round out the top 5 PG's.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You obviously have some lack of comprehension.

At the time obviously...it was a DEEP class. It's easy to look after the fact and laugh but back during that time frame that class had a lot of hype behind it. What L am I taking? Chris Duhon was a bust a Duke...you haven't said or proven anything for me to refute that. Let's agree to disagree and keep it moving.
What the hell do you think determing busts are? Looking after the fact.

Duhon was NOT a bust at Duke. Maybe YOU expected him to knock your socks off, but he's no where near the all time busts list. Hes not even the top 5biggest busts at Duke so you were wrong with this one.

Originally Posted by zube42

254626256_16b58048b2.jpg

BLASPHEMY

They had my dude playing PF. a 6'3 PF. and one yr he was droppin 17 a game AND was snatchin like 8 boards a game....
Arizona stunted his pro potential by playing him WAY outta position

NO WAY can you call Hassan a bust

^^ Durden, OP won't admit/take the L on Duhon.
laugh.gif
Just give it up. Most of these dudes getting posted in here make him look like a legend.
laugh.gif

He's not even in the top 10 biggest bust list @ Duke, screw top 5. Nowhere near it to be honest...

Gonna go with some UConn guys

Scott Hazelton...never kept up with what dude did at URI after he didnt get any burn here

Curtis Kelly...Calhoun said comin into his soph year he was the best player in practice or somethin like that, dude couldnt put it together in games.....

People wont get this but Rudy Gay...He COULD have dropped 25 a night his sophmore year, he had more talent than anyone on the court, Calhoun knew it, he evenpressed him to score more, but Rudy fell in love with chilling on the wing....Rudy with a Ben gordon like scoring mentality would have been a very very scarything....He is sort of finding it in the NBA, but out of HS he was so hyped i never felt that we saw 100% rudy in college.

Back
Top Bottom