Allen Iverson came through Turkey with that rock star swag.

People that hate on Iverson are stupid
laugh.gif

Nothing you say will change this mans legacy. He will go down as one of the best to ever do it, and that's a fact. And most definitely one of the most influential and iconic

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

If you a hood dude growing up in the 98-04. Then yeah A.I. was the most looked up to. He was relateable.

He was like the flashy drug dealer you saw when you was growing up to the NBA stars of now. Of course you saw the 9-5 dude going to work in a suit and drove a nice family town car. But A.I. went to work in a throwback jersey, du-rag and a fitted, drove in a topless Hummer with 38'' inch rims.

Teenagers growing up at that time playing ball wanted to shake dudes for 24 seconds cause Iverson was doing it. He was one of the first to do the cornrolls in the NBA. But was probably the #1 reason it became so popular.
images

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

If you a hood dude growing up in the 98-04. Then yeah A.I. was the most looked up to. He was relateable.

He was like the flashy drug dealer you saw when you was growing up to the NBA stars of now. Of course you saw the 9-5 dude going to work in a suit and drove a nice family town car. But A.I. went to work in a throwback jersey, du-rag and a fitted, drove in a topless Hummer with 38'' inch rims.

Teenagers growing up at that time playing ball wanted to shake dudes for 24 seconds cause Iverson was doing it. He was one of the first to do the cornrolls in the NBA. But was probably the #1 reason it became so popular.
images

I'm sorry but yall need to take this to the Sports Section.
laugh.gif

j/k

Spoiler [+]
images

I'm sorry but yall need to take this to the Sports Section.
laugh.gif

j/k

Spoiler [+]
images

I got nothing bad to say about Iverson, he is who he is and hopefully he goes over to Turkey and does his thing.

The ONLY issue I have is with how he left the NBA...I was always taught when playing organized sports that competition between teammates is what makes the overall team better. I can't fault with AI not wanting to come off the bench, but it's all about how you handle it. If dude just came in with the elitest attitude then it's really on him...if the organization lied and promised him an opportunity (which is what I read Memphis did to get him to sign) then it's not really completely all his fault.

I got nothing bad to say about Iverson, he is who he is and hopefully he goes over to Turkey and does his thing.

The ONLY issue I have is with how he left the NBA...I was always taught when playing organized sports that competition between teammates is what makes the overall team better. I can't fault with AI not wanting to come off the bench, but it's all about how you handle it. If dude just came in with the elitest attitude then it's really on him...if the organization lied and promised him an opportunity (which is what I read Memphis did to get him to sign) then it's not really completely all his fault.

but you can't tell me that the young players these days in the NBA aren't looking up to Kobe or Jordan over AI.
Jordan.......Yes, Kobe......most likely not...........A.I........without a doubt.  It's clear to see that some dudes in here truly don't understand that impact that A.I. had on the game and the hip hop community fanbase within the NBA.  A.I. is a legend both on and off the court, his legacy is cemented.  There should be nobody hating on him.

but you can't tell me that the young players these days in the NBA aren't looking up to Kobe or Jordan over AI.
Jordan.......Yes, Kobe......most likely not...........A.I........without a doubt.  It's clear to see that some dudes in here truly don't understand that impact that A.I. had on the game and the hip hop community fanbase within the NBA.  A.I. is a legend both on and off the court, his legacy is cemented.  There should be nobody hating on him.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

laugh.gif
@Grown men still wearing braids.

I thought Drake ended that with his verse on Comeback Season.

laugh.gif
@Grown men following what rappers tell them.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

laugh.gif
@Grown men still wearing braids.

I thought Drake ended that with his verse on Comeback Season.

laugh.gif
@Grown men following what rappers tell them.

I know Im not the only one who sees Iverson as a Kenny Powers of basketball having to go overseas because of his past blacklisting him. I really think its a league wide conspiracy to punish him. Iverson is clearly better then any back up point guard on any roster yet he is being punished for his attitude and his lack of maturity. He never grew up and his game never matured. He never became more then a scorer who had to overcontrol a ball possesion. Some losing team could use his as a spark off the bench but he isnt going to accept that role. And even bad teams didnt want him to infect their teams the same way the Nuggets wanted him away from his bad influence on Melo & JR. I think him having to play in Turkey isnt a good think and kinda tarnishes what good he did do in the NBA.

I know Im not the only one who sees Iverson as a Kenny Powers of basketball having to go overseas because of his past blacklisting him. I really think its a league wide conspiracy to punish him. Iverson is clearly better then any back up point guard on any roster yet he is being punished for his attitude and his lack of maturity. He never grew up and his game never matured. He never became more then a scorer who had to overcontrol a ball possesion. Some losing team could use his as a spark off the bench but he isnt going to accept that role. And even bad teams didnt want him to infect their teams the same way the Nuggets wanted him away from his bad influence on Melo & JR. I think him having to play in Turkey isnt a good think and kinda tarnishes what good he did do in the NBA.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I'm not talking @%$* out my +%$. I actually didn't think before I decided to post, which is why I edited. I'm not denying there are players that look up to AI, but you can't tell me that the young players these days in the NBA aren't looking up to Kobe or Jordan over AI.

how about we say almost every young guard in the nba looks up to AI
he basically showed everyone how small guards should play in the nba
john wall,brandon jennings,steph curry,aaron brooks and even chris paul are all post products of AI

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I'm not talking @%$* out my +%$. I actually didn't think before I decided to post, which is why I edited. I'm not denying there are players that look up to AI, but you can't tell me that the young players these days in the NBA aren't looking up to Kobe or Jordan over AI.

how about we say almost every young guard in the nba looks up to AI
he basically showed everyone how small guards should play in the nba
john wall,brandon jennings,steph curry,aaron brooks and even chris paul are all post products of AI

Back
Top Bottom