Allen Iverson to come off the bench, Rip to start, when he returns from injury

Pistons coach Michael Curry announced this morning that Rip Hamilton will be back in the starting lineup, playing alongside Rodney Stuckey, in an effort tojumpstart a team in the midst of an eight-game losing streak.

"It's nothing on Allen," Curry said. "He's just a guy that needs the basketball and because of it that, it reduced the time Stuckey hadthe ball in his hands."

Hamilton has been critical of late about Curry's decision to make him the team's sixth man. The Pistons have gone 4-12 since he was benched.

Iverson's status for tonight's game against Orlando is unclear after he aggravated a back injury suffered in Tuesday's loss to Miami. That, andhe's now listed as day-to-day with a slightly bruised ego.

indifferent.gif

smh.gif
has an elite team in recent memory fallen off as fast as Detroit has? Didn't they win like 60 games last year...Joe had to know he was basicallyconceding this season, guess he's hoping to land someone big in FA with over 30 mil coming off the books this summer with AI and Sheed's contracts.

Originally Posted by CruThik3

"It's nothing on Allen," Curry said. I $%%@@* up, and because of it that, it reduced the time Stuckey had the ball in his hands."

Hamilton has been critical of late about Curry's decision to make him the team's sixth man. The Pistons have gone 4-12 since he was benched.

fixed.

for real tho, i dont really care who comes off the bench. i dont see the big deal of started or coming off the bench.

RIP, Prince and Sheed have been dogging the past 2 months to make AI look bad. They are acting like a bunch of high school kids; its pretty pathetic.

What team do you think Iverson will sign with in the offseason?
Iverson takes the MLE and signs with the Lakers
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

eek.gif
laugh.gif

No thanks
laugh.gif

I can see him landing in Atlanta or Houston for some reason. Maybe Boston if he's willing to come off the bench.

men i hate how the pistons sucks i swear the pistons made a bad move trading mr.big shot away smh.....

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by daprescription

eek.gif
laugh.gif

No thanks
laugh.gif

I can see him landing in Atlanta or Houston for some reason. Maybe Boston if he's willing to come off the bench.

hmmmm Houston. I doubt he would go to Atlanta. Houston would probably be the best fit.

Shoulda never taken Rip out of the lineup to begin with.

AI is the perfect bench guy now. let him come in with the second unit and score.

Not that it matters to me, i hope the slide continues.

Coach Curry doesn't seem to be doing a good job of earning credibility or respect in that locker room with all this flip-floppyness. The only thing goodthat can come out of this is an ignited spark in RIP and the possibility that he will come back to the starting line up and start scorching. Other than that,coach curry should start looking for a new home because if things keep going like this he will get the terry porter treatment after the season is done.

Am I the only one who feels like the Pistons would have sucked with Chauncey Billups as well? Maybe not as bad but definitely not a threat in the East.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Am I the only one who feels like the Pistons would have sucked with Chauncey Billups as well? Maybe not as bad but definitely not a threat in the East.
Yup, their time as a legit Finals team was over two seasons ago.

Pistons wouldn't have "sucked" but they weren't going to be on the same level as Cle Bos or Orl...

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

smh.gif
has an elite team in recent memory fallen off as fast as Detroit has? Didn't they win like 60 games last year...Joe had to know he was basically conceding this season, guess he's hoping to land someone big in FA with over 30 mil coming off the books this summer with AI and Sheed's contracts.
Exactly, Dumars is very smart he knows what he is doing.

I don't like the AI move but its a msart decision with his contract AND sheeds coming off the books.

and Rip should def be starting.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

i think losing his leadership has been a big part in there free fall. at the end of the day tho they wansnt winning a title with him

and that's how it should be.

actually stuckey should be the odd man out.

the downfall of this team is going to them mistaking stuckey's solid play with a burgeoning star.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by KoolKatz

men i hate how the pistons sucks i swear the pistons made a bad move trading mr.big shot away smh.....
really?

laugh.gif
i was thinking of lighting up that guy's quote too.

i was like ' is this cat slow?'

Back
Top Bottom