Almost 3 months in and i gotta say...working at footlocker is awesome.

I'm looking at these wages, what cities/states are you guys living in?
In LA, I was paying kids alot more, for alot less work.

I'm looking at these wages, what cities/states are you guys living in?
In LA, I was paying kids alot more, for alot less work.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by scshift

What's your job like and how old do you have to be to work there? I really want a job at a footlocker/finishline/niketown but there aren't any close to me and I'm clueless as to what it's like.

I have a bad feeling though that all I'm going to be dealing with is kids who want to try on jordans but never end up having the cash to buy them. Does look fun though.

Its cool bro. All u gotta be is 16...I just turned 17. Yea that does happen where the kids just try on *!%! and leave but its not very often plus its still good to let them try stuff on cuz they usually come back with their parents. And honestly bro the job is how you make it. If you work hard and hustle you will get top notch hours and pay. If you slouch and be lazy u'll be stuck with little hours and wack pay. And if you do decide to apply go for the most busiest mall around. I'm in houston and our busiest mall is the galleria(plus they got a house of hoops) but I'm in the 2nd busiest(somewhat) mall. Sbut yea its realy fun being around shoes and u learn a lot of stuff.

which mall are you at bro? memorial? 

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by scshift

What's your job like and how old do you have to be to work there? I really want a job at a footlocker/finishline/niketown but there aren't any close to me and I'm clueless as to what it's like.

I have a bad feeling though that all I'm going to be dealing with is kids who want to try on jordans but never end up having the cash to buy them. Does look fun though.

Its cool bro. All u gotta be is 16...I just turned 17. Yea that does happen where the kids just try on *!%! and leave but its not very often plus its still good to let them try stuff on cuz they usually come back with their parents. And honestly bro the job is how you make it. If you work hard and hustle you will get top notch hours and pay. If you slouch and be lazy u'll be stuck with little hours and wack pay. And if you do decide to apply go for the most busiest mall around. I'm in houston and our busiest mall is the galleria(plus they got a house of hoops) but I'm in the 2nd busiest(somewhat) mall. Sbut yea its realy fun being around shoes and u learn a lot of stuff.

which mall are you at bro? memorial? 

Originally Posted by JustTheTip

its realy fun being around shoes and u learn a lot of stuff.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by revirxreab

Footlocker is a good job depending on who your manager and co workers are .

But the thing i hate is how they try to get you to sell unrealistic amounts of BS such as cleaners ETC ETC ETC . You can only do so much , and i have been with the company since around 07.

Its a good part time hustle where you can slang your 50 on the EA's but everything else aint all gravy man , wait till you get bumped to a Sales lead and they try to get you to do everything a store
manager does for 8.25 an hour .
I worked at Finishline for 2 years they always want you to sell shoe cleaners....nobody is buying that @+#*
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by revirxreab

Footlocker is a good job depending on who your manager and co workers are .

But the thing i hate is how they try to get you to sell unrealistic amounts of BS such as cleaners ETC ETC ETC . You can only do so much , and i have been with the company since around 07.

Its a good part time hustle where you can slang your 50 on the EA's but everything else aint all gravy man , wait till you get bumped to a Sales lead and they try to get you to do everything a store
manager does for 8.25 an hour .
I worked at Finishline for 2 years they always want you to sell shoe cleaners....nobody is buying that @+#*
ohwell.gif

You do learn a lot tho. Color codes for shoes, which Timberland boots Hispanics like, which Pumas Europeans like, how to paperfold shirts, hang shorts, ring a cash register, arrange the shoe wall different seasons, what new music videos are out and being played at the store.

Lots to learn.

You do learn a lot tho. Color codes for shoes, which Timberland boots Hispanics like, which Pumas Europeans like, how to paperfold shirts, hang shorts, ring a cash register, arrange the shoe wall different seasons, what new music videos are out and being played at the store.

Lots to learn.

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

It's just a shoe store.

Nothing exciting, unless you're 17 & think you're cool, 'cause of the shoes you can get.

Worked at FNL for 2 years...being around shoes all the time killed the shoe "game" for me.

Find a better job.
Why you trying to crush my dude's spirit though?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

It's just a shoe store.

Nothing exciting, unless you're 17 & think you're cool, 'cause of the shoes you can get.

Worked at FNL for 2 years...being around shoes all the time killed the shoe "game" for me.

Find a better job.
Why you trying to crush my dude's spirit though?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
Ah, to be young and naive.

In the next couple years, he'll want to open his own sneaker/tee spot. FL was just a stepping stone on how the business works. Oh he's got ideas no one else has had. 
He'll start a new thread on how much is a good amount for a loan to start a new company.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
Ah, to be young and naive.

In the next couple years, he'll want to open his own sneaker/tee spot. FL was just a stepping stone on how the business works. Oh he's got ideas no one else has had. 
He'll start a new thread on how much is a good amount for a loan to start a new company.

We'll see if you still have the same attitude after Black Friday and the holiday season
laugh.gif

We'll see if you still have the same attitude after Black Friday and the holiday season
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

laugh.gif

Word to people trying on 8 pairs of shoes and buying 0....or walking out with the new joints and leaving the old ones in the box
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

laugh.gif

Word to people trying on 8 pairs of shoes and buying 0....or walking out with the new joints and leaving the old ones in the box
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom