AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOESNT THINK KEVIN HART IS FUNNY?

Originally Posted by KOD843

I think Kevin Hart and Katt William's standups are funny as hell. Don't no anyone else who thinks otherwise either 
ohwell.gif
Mike Epps is only funny in movies to me but IMO his standups are awful...
You're definitely right. I couldn't believe how terrible his standup stuff was when I watched it
30t6p3b.gif

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
toast1985[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 01/16/124:45 AM
[/td][td]
PRIME wrote:
BaltimoreGutta wrote:
Personally, I find him hilarious.

This, but I feel Patrice O'neal is one of the funniest that we were robbed of.[/td][/tr][/table]

I think he's pretty funny, I got to see him live when he came to my school and he had me 
roll.gif
, but I can see how he'd be kind of polarizing though...

He's gotten funnier over the years to me. When he first came on the scene, I couldn't tolerate him at all; but now he's actually one of my favorites. I still can't check his movies (Toy Soldiers was garbage!), but his stand up is cool.

OP got the "I eat +$+ face" right now...

Dane Cook is funny, but just blew up way to fast . His "fans" killed his career.

Louis CK is the funniest right now. But like he said himself , he'll prob fade off in a year.  over saturation kills comedians

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Never understood the hate for cook

I used to think he was funny then I listened to the critiques of him and then the flaws become glaringly apparent. He just laughs at his own jokes too much for my taste.

Originally Posted by rafiki zeeki

the only person worse than kevin hart when it comes to standup, is ashy larry. all he does is reference to chappelle show. sucksbro.gif

False.
Go watch some of his Laugh Factory stand up on Youtube.
I think he's pretty hilarious.
TITF.

Originally Posted by Antidope

I used to think he was funny then I listened to the critiques of him and then the flaws become glaringly apparent. He just laughs at his own jokes too much for my taste.
Yea, wish I had never listened to his critiques. Basically killed off anything that I thought was funny when I'd try to watch his stuff after that

Comics like Hart & Epps just look funny so they get away with more

CK is up and down he wants to George Carlin so bad. The other white dude forget his name it starts with a B is hysterical

The most consistent comedian is Paul Mooney even better Pryor

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Antidope

Yea, wish I had never listened to his critiques. Basically killed off anything that I thought was funny when I'd try to watch his stuff after that
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Don't know what the critiques have said... but he does tow things that annoy the fu-k outta me. 1. already being mentioned, he laughs at EVERYTHING he said. 2. He yells with every other word! it's so intense and not funny.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Kevin Hart is funny, but can be a bit repetitive, still funny though.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Personally the best in the biz is Louis C.K. and Daniel Tosh... pure comedy and tears. [/color]

he thinks he's doin it...
he's seriously not. dude is so unfunny, plus he takes himself too seriously for a comic. 

Its his delivery that sells his jokes. Not his actual jokes.

Hes just that "it" guy right now.
In all honestly, Patrice O'Neal was gone WAY too soon. 

Well, i am going to sound racist here, but his comedy and many black comedians fashion their standup for (obviously) a black crowd, to do so they dumb it down a bit and use more of a story-telling/behavior/visual-acts/impersonations which are sometimes frowned upon by other comedians.

Cosby/Eddie/Katt(notorious)/Deray/Griffin

You don't see many Pryors or Chappelles anymore coming out of the african community, which caused you to reflect at their observational comedy and be like-oh right, hes right, i never thought of that, or even look at some of the ridiculous stuff people do which are common now.

This also happens on the other side(Getterdone/rage comics-storytelling), with the average white comedian, but that style is not as popular as observational comedy which many white comics do.

And no Mooney is not better than Pryor, cmon'son. Pryor>*

he's alright far as being funny. I don't think he's as funny as most people.

Patrice O neal>>>>>>>>

R.I.P.

You are not alone.

I find Kevin Hart very unfunny. Borderline obnoxious and at the very least annoying.

Don't think Kat Williams' stand up is funny either.

RIP Patrice O'Neal

As a comedian, I find Kevin Hart funny... I think Grown Little Man was from a material perspective his best. But on stage he's most comfortable in Laugh at my Pain... I'm a big CK fan and I was such a huge fan of Patrice O'Neal...

SMH @ this thread...................

Have any of you even BEEN to a comedy club, someone isnt gonna come off funny when they are being bleeped every 5 seconds..............

Comedy Central should not be the be all and end all of Stand up comedy......................

BTW- Paul Mooney is HORRIBLE live (Peeped him @ Carolines for anyone and their credibility issues on the internet), he cant help but say %%@%$ every other word, his schtick hasnt changed in like 30 years, and his claim to fame is writing for TV shows in the 70's................know your audience....

That is all..........

Originally Posted by Tai My Js Kah

His Laugh at My Pain standup isn't too funny. But Seriously Funny is hilarious.
My exact thoughts.

Watched Laugh at My Pain last night and it was ok but watching Seriously Funny again for the 252634th time last night had me drowning in tears.

laugh.gif

And Patrice Neal: Elephant in the Room is funny as %#$ too.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by megatron

I never heard of patrice oneal until he died

Yo...I was the same way. 
I was in the RIP thread on NT for dude and I was sitting their with my jaw on the ground just listening to his clips.
Dude was a diamond in the dirt, for real. 

Back
Top Bottom