Amazon Prime Video Thread :

Always wondered why sauron's ring was better than all the other ones.
I haven't read any of Tolkien's stuff but been watching a lot of youtube vids. The amount of stuff he wrote was crazy along with all the details and probably thousands of words and names he made up. The story of how the rings were created is interesting.

dude created a whole world with maps and race and religion and different levels of beings and it is very detailed and thats why they can milk it as long as tolkiens family lets them

Harry Potter and GoT has nothing on LotRverse

he made up the creation of a fictional world along with a god who made everything and then thousands of years of history. Had no idea lotr and the hobbit are just small parts of the story.

oh yeah and id advise to be careful doing a deep dive on yt because it can get crazy with its lore

there’s even like a clan of dragons before smaug and had their own beef with the dwarves

im actually surprised this is going to amazon and not hbo max since its still being made by new line cinema, a subsidiary of wb but i guess amazons bid was too high that they even beat netflix

When I found out there was more back story prior to the Hobbit, I just accepted the fact I'll just watch whatever film/series they release moving forward. I don't have the dedication to read and fully understand the Tolkien world lol

6.jpeg
5.jpeg
4.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

1.jpeg
6.jpeg
5.jpeg

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 441
Bruh, some dweeb on youtube is already saying the lotr show might be woke garbage because apparently he heard rumors from people who work on the show that some characters will have same sex relationships.

Bruh, some dweeb on youtube is already saying the lotr show might be woke garbage because apparently he heard rumors from people who work on the show that some characters will have same sex relationships.
Meh, people are going to find the smallest thing to complain about.

The rings of power...

As a big Tolkien fan I'm equal parts excited and terrified.

Im not even 25 minutes into Reacher and I'm hooked! This is gonna be GOOD!! And the guy playing Jack Reacher, is well cast. Not only for how freaking huge he is, but his overall demeanor. Not going to lie, I did like the 1st movie. Cruise portrayed Reacher's personally well but he (all 5'8" of him) is NOT Reacher. This guy, definitely fits! Gonna be a good series.

Glad all eps dropped. I've never seen any of the movies but ima try to binge this joint this weekend.

Glad all eps dropped. I've never seen any of the movies but ima try to binge this joint this weekend.

I'll tell you, if you watch this season completely, and like it (ep 1 was awesome. What a start), you will be HIGHLY disappointed if you watch the movies seeing Tom Cruise in the same role at Alan Ritchson. This guy is the book come to the screen (from what I've read reviews as I haven't read the books yet but I think I'll get Killing Floor in hardback to read).

eh, you cant really say "youll like this and hate the books because this is how he is in the books... based on what reviewers say because i didnt read the book "

:lol:

i mean it might be true but you just cant make that claim based on what someone else said

:lol: If you never read the book why would you be disappointed in Tom Cruise? Sure the guy got the looks down but so far up to episode 3, the 1st movie is more entertaining, this feels flat and cheap. Hope it picks up.

:lol: If you never read the book why would you be disappointed in Tom Cruise? Sure the guy got the looks down but so far up to episode 3, the 1st movie is more entertaining, this feels flat and cheap. Hope it picks up.

Because, after I watched the 1st movie, and read reviews how lots of people didn't like Cruise in the role, I looked up why. Since I didn't read the books, I didn't know how large and intimidating a man Reacher was. Did I like the movies, I did, but seeing this guy in the same role, and how much more violent the show is,band what he's capable of, I can see how some wouldn't believe Cruise in the role. And I did like the 1st better than the sequel. But the series is very entertaining (through episode 5 so far). 👍

eh, you cant really say "youll like this and hate the books because this is how he is in the books... based on what reviewers say because i didnt read the book "

:lol:

i mean it might be true but you just cant make that claim based on what someone else said

Hey, let me ask, where did I say, IN QUOTES, from my prior reply, that "you'll like this and hate the BOOKS because this is how he is in the books...based on reviewers say because I didn't read the book"? Please show me my actual quotes that I typed? I'll save you the time, because i never said that. So you make up a quote that I supposedly said? I admitted I didn't read the book and mentioned I will now pick up the first novel because I like how this story is & am sure the book is way better (which they usually are).

I never said you won't like the books (again you couldn't quote my post because I NEVER SAID THAT in my prior post) You just did that to make me look stupid (hence the laughing emoji). I said if you like this (series) you probably won't like the MOVIES as the two leads are night and day and the actor in the series fits more of what Reacher is supposed to be like.

BTW, I think you meant to say, won't like the MOVIES, not books. Should have re-read your post before posting. Oh, and read the reviews of the movies. A LOT of people (critics of movies and fans of the books) all were saying similar things when the 1st movie came out.

Last edited:
no need to get so angry :lol:

all im saying is you‘re trying to say people will like this better because the actor playing the protagonist is more accurate to the books but you’re basing that on what the reviewers say because you never actually read the books

you dont actually know, you’re just going by what others said, you’re comment would be better if you actually read the book, plain and simple

aint no malice intended and i apologize it got too much to your feels there, sorry that hit too deep :lol:

This **** boring man, got nothing else going for it other than dudes almost accurate size. Tom Cruise at least had charisma and gravitas.

Back
Top Bottom