Amazon To Have a 20th Anniversary Sale The Week Of July 12th

Is the best way to just refresh the amazon prime landing page? I gotta be up for studying anyways so trying to cop that $115 40 inch tv.

copped the lord of the rings trilogy on blu ray for $27 and a 20 pack of nongshim ramen for $13.

Last edited:
looks like a stick will be copped..... if im up @ 3am :lol:

wonder if 40" is the biggest tv they will have up

The Amazon fire TV has double the processing power than the stick does. It also has a USB port which is pretty much where 99% of the advantages comes in. I use my Amazon fire TV to run Kodi/XBMC and with that USB port allows me to plug in a external hard drive or usb stick and will let you extend your media storage past the 5 gigs of space that comes with it. I've currently got a 128 gig USB connected to mine and I download all my movies/tv shows straight to the USB from Kodi and I can watch them whenever I want. If you use a USB hub you can also plug in a wireless mouse and keyboard to it which makes navigating around much easier
Video about Kodi

The Amazon fire TV has double the processing power than the stick does. It also has a USB port which is pretty much where 99% of the advantages comes in. I use my Amazon fire TV to run Kodi/XBMC and with that USB port allows me to plug in a external hard drive or usb stick and will let you extend your media storage past the 5 gigs of space that comes with it. I've currently got a 128 gig USB connected to mine and I download all my movies/tv shows straight to the USB from Kodi and I can watch them whenever I want. If you use a USB hub you can also plug in a wireless mouse and keyboard to it which makes navigating around much easier
Video about Kodi

I need to learn from you. I cannot figure out Kodi.

Also had no clue about the USB. You can download straight to the USB connected to the FireTV? I'm spending my day fighting this out.

Video about Kodi

Also had no clue about the USB. You can download straight to the USB connected to the FireTV? I'm spending my day fighting this out.

If you had your fireTV rooted then you can plug in any type of USB but I think if you don't you can plug in USBs formatted in Fat32.

http://www.aftvnews.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-usb-storage-with-the-amazon-fire-tv/

If you had your fireTV rooted then you can plug in any type of USB but I think if you don't you can plug in USBs formatted in Fat32.

http://www.aftvnews.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-usb-storage-with-the-amazon-fire-tv/

I got mine after the rooting was possible but the official firmware supports USB and external hard drive use without needing to be rooted now

PM me with any questions. I have pretty much got kodi on the aftv figured out for everything i need it for.

I know nothing of these Cut the Cord friendly devices. What should I be looking to purchase?

I know nothing of these Cut the Cord friendly devices. What should I be looking to purchase?
I recommend checking the thread. I got my amazon fire tvs for 50 bucks a piece since i have a friend that works at best buy and it does exactly what i need it do very well. which is essentially stream and download my movies and shows. it also has your standard stuff like netflix and hbogo but since its an android device you can get it to run things like Fios Mobile which is verizons app that lets you watch 70+ channels live in hd including premium channels IF you have a verizon subscription. And since my parents have fios at their house i just use their info and i can watch live programming as well 

I recommend checking the thread. I got my amazon fire tvs for 50 bucks a piece since i have a friend that works at best buy and it does exactly what i need it do very well. which is essentially stream and download my movies and shows. it also has your standard stuff like netflix and hbogo but since its an android device you can get it to run things like Fios Mobile which is verizons app that lets you watch 70+ channels live in hd including premium channels IF you have a verizon subscription. And since my parents have fios at their house i just use their info and i can watch live programming as well 

Yea, it's all a matter of what u want it to do. Some have more features, some have less. I have a Chromecast and a Roku 3(1st gen). The Chromecast lacks in a dedicated UI but is great for connecting your Android device to your tv w/o cables. Roku is clutch but needs to support external USB devices and media. Some of the movies I have won't play audio, some won't play video, etc.

I'm waiting for the Chromebox to get a bit better before I invest in one.

apple needs to update the apple tv already
mean.gif
in a couple of months my friend.

apple needs to update the apple tv already :smh:
I think they putting the finishing touches on that a la carte TV programming
Just heard they getting local channels on board
Heard they tryna price the subscription based service 10-40 a month
All I need is starz HBO local channels food network Cartoon Network and ESPN and I'm good

yea im following that. what i actually meant was update the device hardware not software

Back
Top Bottom