America is in the Stone Age and its our own fault. vol. Mature debate

With the recent threads regarding American superiority over other countries of the world and the american mentality that everyone
should follow the rules of the United States I would like to present this article as a debate point.

http://www.nytimes.com/20...ht-broadband22.html?_r=1

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]Home Internet May Get Even Faster in South Korea[/h1][h6]Published: February 21, 2011[/h6]
SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea already claims the world’s fastest Internet connections — the fastest globally by far — but that is hardly good enough for the government here.

[img]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/i...s/BROADBAND/BROADBAND-articleInline.jpg[/img]
[h6]Woohae Cho for the International Herald Tribune[/h6]
Choi Gwang-gi is overseeing South Korea's plan to connect every home in the country to the Internet at one gigabit per second by the end of next year.

By the end of 2012, South Korea intends to connect every home in the country to the Internet at one gigabit per second. That would be a tenfold increase from the already blazing national standard and more than 200 times as fast as the average household setup in the United States.

A pilot gigabit project initiated by the government is under way, with 1,500 households in five South Korean cities wired. Each customer pays about 30,000 won a month, or less than $27.

“South Korean homes now have greater Internet access than we do,

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Faster internet huh

This

And you realize south korea may have a huge population but its surface area is way smaller then the US.

South Korea 100,032 square kilometres about equal to 160,986 miles

United States
3,794,083 square miles (including water)

But that being said, good article 200 times faster is impressive.  I never thought we were number 1 on the tech front though.  I feel like japan gets everything first too.

Back
Top Bottom