American Express cardholders quick question?

So i've been pre-approved for a AMEX card(s).

amex_personal_blue_cash.png
   and this one  
TheAmericanExpressCard.jpg

Anybody know the benefits of either cards versus the other and anyone have any tips for a new AMEX card member?
nerd.gif

I have the one on the right (costco)

-extended warranty

theres more but Im not a pro.... school?

^^Thanks fellas.

I think i might go with "BLUE", it may not have the perks/rewards benefits as the Teal or Gold but it fits my spending habits better.

But if anyone has either one let me know some benefits/perks of either one of the cards.

Thanks.

I have a Blue Card Preferred; it's awesome with cash back or rewards...6% at grocery stores, 3% at gas and dept stores and 1% everywhere else

I use it for EVERYTHING and just pay it off each month; never charged interest...if you are smart with money a card like this will really pay off

I have the Costco AMEX, it works for me.

The "green" AMEX card are for those that are disciplined and spend within their means, there is no APR because you have to pay if off at the end of the month.

Always rent my cars with AMEX, pay for gas, and travel with it.  It's my "just in case/emergency" card.

Spoiler [+]
  • Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance:  When you use your eligible Card to reserve and pay for an auto rental, you can be covered if the car is damaged or stolen. [sup][/sup]
  • Purchase Protection:  Can protect eligible purchases made with the Card against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase (The Platinum Card also covers lost items). [sup][/sup]
  • Travel Accident Insurance:  Coverage is provided for accidental death and dismemberment while traveling on a Common Carrier Conveyance (plane, train, ship, helicopter, or bus) when the entire fare** has been charged to the Card. **not applicable for residents of New Hampshire. [sup][/sup]
  • Emergency Travel Assistance:  You can rely on Global Assist[sup][emoji]174[/emoji][/sup] 24/7 for medical, legal, financial or other emergency assistance while traveling more than 100 miles from home. [sup][/sup]

Originally Posted by roboski

So i've been pre-approved for a AMEX card(s).

amex_personal_blue_cash.png
   and this one  
TheAmericanExpressCard.jpg

Anybody know the benefits of either cards versus the other and anyone have any tips for a new AMEX card member?
nerd.gif

One's a Credit card the other is a Charge card.
Go with the Blue. No point in getting a charge card unless you get this 
pimp.gif

2lwkwig.png

Have a Preferred Gold and will probably upgrade to Plat next year.....No complaints from me

I have the Premium Rewards Gold. If you spend enough that your point accumulation yields rewards of greater value than the annual fee, you come out ahead. I get double points on gas and drive a truck so it works well. I pretty much use it for everything where it's accepted (which is virtually everywhere except for some small businesses).

Back
Top Bottom