american gangster > graduation ???

so i saw rolling stone's lists of the 100 songs of the year ... and tell me why roc boys is #1 .. over stronger?! and on pitchfork's list AG is #13and Graduation is #18. even wayne's mixtape beat graduation (#16) . wtf? im a fan of both artists but 2007 was definitely kanye's year. and i know itsjust a stupid list, but i was just wondering if im the one that's trippin and this is really the general perception.

American Gangster>>>>>Graduation.

Jay-Z actually knows how to rap.

Nooo way ...

Graduation is far better than American Gangster. The rapping is by no means better on Graduation, but as far as the better album it is no question. Jay-Z isthe better rapper, but Kanye is the better artist.

Here's a breakdown of the best songs IMO on each:

Graduation:

Goodmorning
Champion
Stronger
I Wonder
Flashing Lights
Everything I Am
The Glory
Homecoming
Big Brother

..... Songs I'm not feeling much now: Can't Tell Me Nothing, Barry Bonds, Drunk and Hot Girls

American Gangster:

No Hook
Roc Boys
I Know
Party Life
Ignorant +$@$
Say Hello
Sucess
Fallin'
Blue Magic

Songs I'm not really feeling: American Dreamin', Hello Brooklyn, Pray, Sweet, American Gangster

It's actually a coincidence that I enjoyed 9 tracks from both, but all the songs I listed on Graduation are a 10/10 and the only songs I feel are a 10/10on AG are I Know, Party Life, Say Hello, and Fallin'.

Overall, both are great albums, but Graduation is significantly better than AG ...

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Basically

smokin.gif

I liked Graduation, but American Gangster was Jay embarrassing Kanye....like after AG I haven't listened to Grad since, just because of the rapping thatKanye does, compared to Jay makes Grad seem elementary

Jay-Z is the better rapper, but Kanye is the better artist.

True Dat.

Top 5 Songs off Graduation > Most of Jay's career. I'm not even saying that for shock value either.

^
laugh.gif
Ok so you said that for comedic value I guess because that washilarious.

Graduation is a very good album but AG is just better lyrically and production wise.

SMH @ dudes not feeling the best song on AG: "American Dreamin'"

Originally Posted by avitale8

I liked Graduation, but American Gangster was Jay embarrassing Kanye....like after AG I haven't listened to Grad since, just because of the rapping that Kanye does, compared to Jay makes Grad seem elementary
EXACTLY...

I tried to listen to Graduation yesterday...it's just no good right now. Esp. when Jay, Lupe and Joe Budden have new *#%$ out...

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

True Dat.

Top 5 Songs off Graduation > Most of Jay's career. I'm not even saying that for shock value either.

I dont even understand that. So can I assume you take production waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over lyricism? cuz you just agreed with Ol Man Jigga being thebetter rapper. Also Cashmere Thoughts will be better than anything Kanye will ever do. Im guessing this album really touched you in some type of way thatyou're really connected with it but mos def this is not the case most ppl, i mean most of his career?!!! You wild B extra bannitles

smokin.gif

Silence you foolish mortal before I banish you to the dungeons of hell!!!
happy.gif

c'mon buddy

Originally Posted by avitale8

I liked Graduation, but American Gangster was Jay embarrassing Kanye....like after AG I haven't listened to Grad since, just because of the rapping that Kanye does, compared to Jay makes Grad seem elementary

I enjoyed AG way more then Graduation, and I'm a huge(no karamo) kanye fan, but AG made me feel and visualize the life of that hustler/gangster that'srepresented in the album. And the fact that lyrically it is leaps and bounds ahead of graduation also taking into account that its a concept album.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

True Dat.

if you can support your argument (and have it make sense) ill paypal you $20.
that was stupid.

And thats real...

Back
Top Bottom