American Gods (STARZ) Thread

Episode was meh

This might have been my favorite episode, minus the Laura parts. FINALLY revealing what the deal is with the other gods, FINALLY revealing Wednesday's issue. Delving deeper into the Leprechauns stuff. Only thing I hate is that we already had damn near 2 full episodes explaining that Laura died and came back. Don't need much more explanation imo. That sex goddess and Orlando blooms character could use much more screen time.

Orlando Jones!

You and my damn wife :rofl:

She called him Orlando Bloom, Orlando Brown, Solange Daddy, etc. Everything but he damn name lol

Man!!! That is a pet peeve of mine and I just did it myself :smh:

I was JUST making fun of somebody who said "Orlando bloom is in it, you should check it out." And I just kept saying who? Who? Who? WHO? With the trollface until they realized its Orlando jones :lol:

I'm so gotdamn pissed Sling tv doesn't have the first episode...ive watch 2-5 and love this show man.

Do you subscribe to Starz? If so try their app it gives a lot of providers to login with, just use your provider login and password. I have directv and I'm pretty sure I've seen directv now even on there, I'd bet sling is too. If not I'd bet there is some kind of free trial with Starz. This is the only reason I haven't cut my cord yet, all these monthly streaming providers on demand sections are all extremely poor.

I'm so gotdamn pissed Sling tv doesn't have the first episode...ive watch 2-5 and love this show man.

Do you subscribe to Starz? If so try their app it gives a lot of providers to login with, just use your provider login and password. I have directv and I'm pretty sure I've seen directv now even on there, I'd bet sling is too. If not I'd bet there is some kind of free trial with Starz. This is the only reason I haven't cut my cord yet, all these monthly streaming providers on demand sections are all extremely poor.
Nah I cut the cord so but yes I have Starz...but I happen to look and now it's there.

Just got caught up with all the episodes after reading some good things about it. The production values are incredible. I knew I had seen the Laura Moon actress somewhere, then I remembered it was as the little girl in that Lemony Snickets movie :lol:

Anybody know what god/religion is the one in that taxi cab with the flaming eyes? I caught him walking out of the diner where Wednesday was meeting Shadow in an earlier ep.

Couple things I noticed after re-watching the1st episode that might have been pretty obvious to some but not me......,

1: the warden says that Shadow was "serving 6 years for assault and battery charges." I was under the impression that he was in jail because of whatever scheme Laura put him up to backfired. Like gettin caught stealing? Where does the assault come into play?

2: in the dream shadow had right before he got out(the boneyard one), a tree attacks him and slashed his face. That was the same tree that attacked shadow at the police station.

3: in the bar fight between mad Sweeney and shadow, it appears that Mr. Wednesday lifted the lucky coin off him and set it on the table for shadow. Sweeney didn't accidentally give shadow the wrong coin, he was tricked into it(I believe)

I just started the book and really don't know what's going on lol

Will watch the series as soon as I'm done with the book.

so the vulcan god was violence? 

or based on the town just what conservative white people believe in?

nerd.gif

like if he was all about guns, then why was he talkin about nooses?

ohh so he was an old god

i thought he was a new god that wednesday was trying to turn to his side

so old gods can side w new gods too?

I ******* can't get enough of this show man. I could watch it 12 hours straight I swear. Never a dull moment.

I like how the intro of each episode is always something different..a pleasant surprise

I like how the intro of each episode is always something different..a pleasant surprise

I'm digging the "coming to America" intros also. Explaining how different cultures religions faired once they got here, or how they got here?

Ep1: Nordic/Viking God: Odin
Ep2: African God: Anansi
Ep3: no coming to America intro. Grim reaper intro.
Ep4: no coming to America. Laura moon backstory.
Ep5: paleo-Indians God: Nunyunnini
Ep6: Mexican God: Jesus Christ

I'm digging the "coming to America" intros also. Explaining how different cultures religions faired once they got here, or how they got here?

Ep1: Nordic/Viking God: Odin
Ep2: African God: Anansi
Ep3: no coming to America intro. Grim reaper intro.
Ep4: no coming to America. Laura moon backstory.
Ep5: paleo-Indians God: Nunyunnini
Ep6: Mexican God: Jesus Christ

Laura moon was the older lady right? That was the best intro

Back
Top Bottom