America's Most Overpriced cities, I live in #6 smh

Sucks but, if it makes life easier and you can afford it than why not. Can't stand public transportation on certain days, especially when it's hot.

Yea it sucks but hey I knew what I got myself into. lol

The subway in the summer, lord jesus. That BO smell along with the stench of piss that rises when you are standing on the platform. :x

Oh impossible to do without one in California. I have to imagine NY is one of the few cities in America where you can really be without a car at absolutely zero inconvenience. 
AC Transit is not too bad, their buses are the best ones in the bay. When I worked at te Zoo I would take the 1R than transfer one the 72R going to Richmond. Smooth trip with no freeway to deal with.

Yea it sucks but hey I knew what I got myself into. lol

The subway in the summer, lord jesus. That BO smell along with the stench of piss that rises when you are standing on the platform. :x
Yeah, I imagine you New Yorkers having it bad with your subways being hella packed, I'd probably drive too.

Oh impossible to do without one in California. I have to imagine NY is one of the few cities in America where you can really be without a car at absolutely zero inconvenience. 
AC Transit is not too bad, their buses are the best ones in the bay. When I worked at te Zoo I would take the 1R than transfer one the 72R going to Richmond. Smooth trip with no freeway to deal with.
Yea I grew up on AC Transit it's a pretty good system but falls all the way off at night. After 9pm or so even the lines that still ran that late would only come every hour or so.

Back in the day would rather just crash at my boys house than wait around on Seminary and Macarthur trying to transfer from the 57 or the NL to the 56 trying to get back to the east after sundown. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The east is something else lol. Dudes never messed with me though, I guess because they seen me kicking it with some of my co-workers over there. Use to wear the Giants fitted but, I wouldn't dare where a Niners one. Especially with those BB dudes around there.

Man I'm questioning the very sanity of even owning a car. Like why?

Currently living in Barcelona and the cost of 4 unlimited use, three month metro passes, basically a calendar year's worth of transportation cost that can take me anywhere within city limits 24/7, cost less than my monthly car note + monthly gas expense alone back home and it's not like flossin with some outrageous note.  Not even taking into account insurance or the $16 dollars a day I was paying for parking at work. :smh:  

Oh and I'll never be able to take BART seriously again. 
what you doing in Barcelona?

Also... I heard there are people in new York... Grown *** men and women that don't eem know how to drive because they've taken public transpo all their lives.

Is that real?

Also... I heard there are people in new York... Grown *** men and women that don't eem know how to drive because they've taken public transpo all their lives.

Is that real?

Yea. My gf doesnt know how to drive. And I am not going to teach her. No way in hell shes learning with my SRT. lol

She prefers getting chauffeured anyways. ha

Man I'm questioning the very sanity of even owning a car. Like why?

Currently living in Barcelona and the cost of 4 unlimited use, three month metro passes, basically a calendar year's worth of transportation cost that can take me anywhere within city limits 24/7, cost less than my monthly car note + monthly gas expense alone back home and it's not like flossin with some outrageous note.  Not even taking into account insurance or the $16 dollars a day I was paying for parking at work. 
mean.gif

Oh and I'll never be able to take BART seriously again. 
what you doing in Barcelona?
I don't know whether to call it an extended vacation or self development for career advancement man. 
laugh.gif

In short I basically dropped everything and left CA with the plan of staying in Europe through summer under the guise of giving myself time to decide which of two career paths I was gonna take, but I can't even fool myself it's long been settled. 

I'm a soccer coach and I'm probably gonna stop ******* around and really dedicate my life to it which would probably mean moving somewhere here in Europe  permanently for at least a few years. 

I have a few colleagues and ex-teammates in Croatia and Amsterdam who've already embarked on the journey so I'm out here to kind of get a first hand preview, touch base with them to see and feel the process for myself, and to just soak up knowledge in general.

A lot more outlets and opportunities here for education that coaching networks back home just don't reach. 

Last edited:
I don't know whether to call it an extended vacation or self development for career advancement man. :lol:

In short I basically dropped everything and left CA with the plan of staying in Europe through summer under the guise of giving myself time to decide which of two career paths I was gonna take, but I can't even fool myself it's long been settled. 

I'm a soccer coach and I'm probably gonna stop ******* around and really dedicate my life to it which would probably mean moving somewhere here in Europe  permanently for at least a few years. 

I have a few colleagues and ex-teammates in Croatia and Amsterdam who've already embarked on the journey so I'm out here to kind of get a first hand preview, touch base with them to see and feel the process for myself, and to just soak up knowledge in general.

A lot more outlets and opportunities here for education that coaching networks back home just don't reach. 
350x700px-LL-783c4b18_schoolboy.gif

Do ya thang, mayne

:pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:

I don't know whether to call it an extended vacation or self development for career advancement man. 
laugh.gif

That's dope, would be amazing to move to Europe but probably won't happen for me due to my circumstances

i live on oahu
sick.gif

and "for no good reason" op?   everyone wants to be in cali/sf/the yay
nthat.gif

Last edited:

i live on oahu
sick.gif

and "for no good reason" op?   everyone wants to be in cali/sf/the yay
nthat.gif
I lived in LA and San Diego for periods of time before moving here to SF over a year ago, the cost of everything just doesn't make sense here.  If my daughter's mother wasn't paying for almost all the bills there's no way I'd stay here.  I'm still trying to convince her to move out of here.

MLB pitcher who makes $10 million lived in hotels when he played for the A's because the rent in San Francisco was too expensive

By William Scott DavisApril 6, 2015 3:38 PM

Jeff Samardzija is making nearly $10 million this season.When Chicago White Sox pitcher Jeff Samardzija was traded from the Chicago Cubs to the Oakland A's during the 2014 season, he spent his time in the Bay Area moving from hotel to hotel.

Samardzija told USA Today's Bob Nightengale  that rent prices in San Francisco were too high to lease a place.

Samardzija said: "I guess I could have rented a place in San Francisco, but they were charging like $7,500 for a loft. I was like, 'No chance, dude.'"

Instead he moved from hotel to hotel, noting that he could "write a review on five-star hotels in San Francisco" and that the Four Seasons was the best.

Samardzija sold his house after he was traded from the Cubs, and now that he's back in Chicago with the White Sox, he is once again renting.

According to Baseball Reference, Samardzija made $5.3 million in 2014, and in the offseason, he and the White Sox agreed to a $9.8 million contract  for 2015. He made nearly $23 million prior to this season.

In September 2014, San Francisco was named the most expensive city in the US for one-bedroom apartments, topping New York City.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mlb-pitcher-makes-10-million-193838707.html
just thought this was funny...

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/04/02/jeff-samardzija-chicago-white-sox-opening-day-free-agent/70854296/[/URL]"]
MLB pitcher who makes $10 million lived in hotels when he played for the A's because the rent in San Francisco was too expensive
By William Scott Davis
April 6, 2015 3:38 PM

Jeff Samardzija is making nearly $10 million this season.When Chicago White Sox pitcher Jeff Samardzija was traded from the Chicago Cubs to the Oakland A's during the 2014 season, he spent his time in the Bay Area moving from hotel to hotel.

Samardzija told USA Today's Bob Nightengale that rent prices in San Francisco were too high to lease a place.

Samardzija said: "I guess I could have rented a place in San Francisco, but they were charging like $7,500 for a loft. I was like, 'No chance, dude.'"

Instead he moved from hotel to hotel, noting that he could "write a review on five-star hotels in San Francisco" and that the Four Seasons was the best.

Samardzija sold his house after he was traded from the Cubs, and now that he's back in Chicago with the White Sox, he is once again renting.

According to Baseball Reference, Samardzija made $5.3 million in 2014, and in the offseason, he and the White Sox agreed to a $9.8 million contract for 2015. He made nearly $23 million prior to this season.

In September 2014, San Francisco was named the most expensive city in the US for one-bedroom apartments, topping New York City.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mlb-pitcher-makes-10-million-193838707.html

just thought this was funny...
[/quote]
i guess he was too scared to live in the town

Back
Top Bottom