An Allen Iverson Article...

steve212

Banned
'Allen Iverson can help many teams in the NBA right now either as a 6th man or a starter, he can lead a team to the playoffs himself or be a 2nd or 3rd option on a contender. Teams are afraid of him ever since his stint in Detroit where he was misused by Coach Curry. Look at the numbers Iverson had in Detroit and before you say this is when he slowed down look at the mpg, the shots per game, the usage rate and you will realize he sacrificed more then ever and more then any player of his caliber should have to.

After the season in Detroit, Allen was more motivated then ever and worked very hard over the off season. The only got interest he got was from the Memphis Grizzlies and even they thought he was a 6th man. Iverson did not want to waste a summer of hard work sitting on the bench for a team full of youngsters in a year where he was supposed to prove to everybody that he is still one of the leagues best stars.

When Lou Williams went out with a broken jaw the Sixers needed a replacement and at that point just sell tickets and jerseys so they brought back their legend Allen Iverson. Allen came to Philadelphia after a month off from basketball, in that month off Allen must have gambled, drank and partied excessively. He was free to do whatever he wanted, no longer did he have to follow diet plans or workout because for him basketball was over. He took a month off and it wasn't just any month off it was an Allen Iverson month off and that is what hurt him.

When he got to Philly he was rusty, a bit fatter, slower, weaker and he wasn't in game shape. A 34 year old taking a month off and eating and drinking whatever for a month without working out is not going to be ready to play NBA basketball. It showed in Philly, all of AI's points came off of jumpers, he was still getting to the line but he couldn't finish through traffic like he once could, his first step took a small hit, his conditioning was bad and his jumper wasn't as wet as usual.

The league was all of a sudden brain washed into thinking Allen Iverson is a bench player, the NBA didn't help Iverson either all the writers wrote Iverson off and supported the theory that he was a bench player. These articles that ran on NBA.com were articles that are read by fans all across the world. ESPN who has a history of bashing Iverson did their part, every week Iverson was given negative press and labelled as a washed up superstar who's ego is too big.

In Dave Zirins "Louder Than A Bomb" column in SLAM magazine he says sources told him that teams were afraid to sign Allen Iverson because they knew the referees don't like him and he doesn't get all the calls, teams did not want to have a player that was going to cost them games because the officials don't like him.

In disgraced referee Tim Donaghy's book "Personal Foul" he reveals that officials hated Iverson and did not give him calls to teach him a lesson. Donaghy is now out of prison and very active on the internet, last week I e mailed him asking about Iverson. My question was: "Tim what do you know about the Allen Iverson situation in the league, is Stern and other league officials trying to run him out of the NBA and making sure he doesn't get good press? do they have an agenda to ruin his career?"

Donaghy replied the next day: "Yes, Stern has always hated Iverson and is killing him right now he controls the media and this is why Allen Iverson is in the situation he is in". I was shocked when I read this but apart of me always thought Stern and the media had an agenda to destroy AI.

Notice now when ESPN or TNT plays national tv games they purposely forget about Iverson when certain records and achievements are brought up, in 2009 when LeBron James won MVP Mike Brown also won Coach of the Year and TNT brought up all the players and coaches that won MVP and Coach Of The Year on the same team in the same year and every name was there except for Allen Iverson and Larry Brown.

In a Clippers-Nuggets game on National TV last season Baron Davis had just recorded his 5000th assist, this was on the day Allen Iverson was waived by the Grizzlies. The commentators for that game repeated the following line at least 5 times in about 2 minutes: "With that assist Baron Davis now becomes the 4th active player in the NBA to have 5000 assists for his career he joins Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Andre Miller". Allen Iverson's name was not mentioned and he has over 5000 assists.

In TNT's player of the decade list Allen Iverson was not included, despite accomplishing more then LeBron James and Steve Nash have in the past decade. Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Jalen Rose all thought Allen Iverson should have been at number four on that list behind Kobe, Tim Duncan and Shaq but sadly Iverson's name wasn't even mentioned.'

What possible explanation could there be for ESPN showing this disgrace, knowing that Iverson had played ZERO playoff games that season.

tanafr.jpg

'Allen Iverson can help many teams in the NBA right now either as a 6th man or a starter, he can lead a team to the playoffs himself or be a 2nd or 3rd option on a contender. Teams are afraid of him ever since his stint in Detroit where he was misused by Coach Curry. Look at the numbers Iverson had in Detroit and before you say this is when he slowed down look at the mpg, the shots per game, the usage rate and you will realize he sacrificed more then ever and more then any player of his caliber should have to.

After the season in Detroit, Allen was more motivated then ever and worked very hard over the off season. The only got interest he got was from the Memphis Grizzlies and even they thought he was a 6th man. Iverson did not want to waste a summer of hard work sitting on the bench for a team full of youngsters in a year where he was supposed to prove to everybody that he is still one of the leagues best stars.

When Lou Williams went out with a broken jaw the Sixers needed a replacement and at that point just sell tickets and jerseys so they brought back their legend Allen Iverson. Allen came to Philadelphia after a month off from basketball, in that month off Allen must have gambled, drank and partied excessively. He was free to do whatever he wanted, no longer did he have to follow diet plans or workout because for him basketball was over. He took a month off and it wasn't just any month off it was an Allen Iverson month off and that is what hurt him.

When he got to Philly he was rusty, a bit fatter, slower, weaker and he wasn't in game shape. A 34 year old taking a month off and eating and drinking whatever for a month without working out is not going to be ready to play NBA basketball. It showed in Philly, all of AI's points came off of jumpers, he was still getting to the line but he couldn't finish through traffic like he once could, his first step took a small hit, his conditioning was bad and his jumper wasn't as wet as usual.

The league was all of a sudden brain washed into thinking Allen Iverson is a bench player, the NBA didn't help Iverson either all the writers wrote Iverson off and supported the theory that he was a bench player. These articles that ran on NBA.com were articles that are read by fans all across the world. ESPN who has a history of bashing Iverson did their part, every week Iverson was given negative press and labelled as a washed up superstar who's ego is too big.

In Dave Zirins "Louder Than A Bomb" column in SLAM magazine he says sources told him that teams were afraid to sign Allen Iverson because they knew the referees don't like him and he doesn't get all the calls, teams did not want to have a player that was going to cost them games because the officials don't like him.

In disgraced referee Tim Donaghy's book "Personal Foul" he reveals that officials hated Iverson and did not give him calls to teach him a lesson. Donaghy is now out of prison and very active on the internet, last week I e mailed him asking about Iverson. My question was: "Tim what do you know about the Allen Iverson situation in the league, is Stern and other league officials trying to run him out of the NBA and making sure he doesn't get good press? do they have an agenda to ruin his career?"

Donaghy replied the next day: "Yes, Stern has always hated Iverson and is killing him right now he controls the media and this is why Allen Iverson is in the situation he is in". I was shocked when I read this but apart of me always thought Stern and the media had an agenda to destroy AI.

Notice now when ESPN or TNT plays national tv games they purposely forget about Iverson when certain records and achievements are brought up, in 2009 when LeBron James won MVP Mike Brown also won Coach of the Year and TNT brought up all the players and coaches that won MVP and Coach Of The Year on the same team in the same year and every name was there except for Allen Iverson and Larry Brown.

In a Clippers-Nuggets game on National TV last season Baron Davis had just recorded his 5000th assist, this was on the day Allen Iverson was waived by the Grizzlies. The commentators for that game repeated the following line at least 5 times in about 2 minutes: "With that assist Baron Davis now becomes the 4th active player in the NBA to have 5000 assists for his career he joins Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Andre Miller". Allen Iverson's name was not mentioned and he has over 5000 assists.

In TNT's player of the decade list Allen Iverson was not included, despite accomplishing more then LeBron James and Steve Nash have in the past decade. Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Jalen Rose all thought Allen Iverson should have been at number four on that list behind Kobe, Tim Duncan and Shaq but sadly Iverson's name wasn't even mentioned.'

What possible explanation could there be for ESPN showing this disgrace, knowing that Iverson had played ZERO playoff games that season.

tanafr.jpg

He needs to go to the Celtics. I don't give a damn about age, that team would have more pride than anyone. Those old guys have a lot to prove. Iverson, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, KG, Ray Allen, Pierce and maybe Sheed on the same team. But maybe they wouldn't want to with having signed Nate back and drafting Avery Bradley...

He needs to go to the Celtics. I don't give a damn about age, that team would have more pride than anyone. Those old guys have a lot to prove. Iverson, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, KG, Ray Allen, Pierce and maybe Sheed on the same team. But maybe they wouldn't want to with having signed Nate back and drafting Avery Bradley...

If anything A.I could calm down Nate a bit, serve as a mentor but
laugh.gif
if the Celts sign all those old guys.

Too bad for T-Mac.

If anything A.I could calm down Nate a bit, serve as a mentor but
laugh.gif
if the Celts sign all those old guys.

Too bad for T-Mac.

he should go to the blk n red & accept backing up rose & get him to charge the hole more often

he should go to the blk n red & accept backing up rose & get him to charge the hole more often

if you gonna portray a hood image and be a star athlete you better be one of those mentally strong people cus espn will stop at nothing

if you gonna portray a hood image and be a star athlete you better be one of those mentally strong people cus espn will stop at nothing

Agree with the bias towards AI but Im sick of the articles saying how much he still has it. He has gotten older, and while he can still contribute, isnt starter material

Agree with the bias towards AI but Im sick of the articles saying how much he still has it. He has gotten older, and while he can still contribute, isnt starter material

I can still see AI having an impact for a contendor. Its all on his state of mind though... He can't go in looking to be the leader anymore. I respect the fact that he doesn't want to "tag along" on a winning team & he wants to have an impact, but he could still do that, just not as much. He needs to find a middle group of not racking up stats, but still being able to contribute. & he could... Just look at KG, Allen, & Pierce. It could still be done without tagging along on a winner & still being a big part of the teams success.

I can still see AI having an impact for a contendor. Its all on his state of mind though... He can't go in looking to be the leader anymore. I respect the fact that he doesn't want to "tag along" on a winning team & he wants to have an impact, but he could still do that, just not as much. He needs to find a middle group of not racking up stats, but still being able to contribute. & he could... Just look at KG, Allen, & Pierce. It could still be done without tagging along on a winner & still being a big part of the teams success.

Ya he can still contribute...just gotta realize his role is no longer on the starting rotation..

Back
Top Bottom