and we're done

So I went to the movies today and while I was waiting to pay for my snacks I see that the dude in front of me at the cashier is TYSON CHANDLER. Few people go up to him to take pics but it was nothing crazy. It was after 10PM on a Sunday so there really werent many people there to begin with. I actually took a picture for this couple that wanted a pic with him.
I approach him and tell him "Im not going to bother you for a pic but do your thing this year". Dude says thanks and we give each other a dap.
When I went in the theatre I very much regretted not having asked for a pic with dude. Id make a thread but we all know its useless without pics.

useless without pics

My landlord is his sister in law. for reelz
Edit. I also saw DWill by the west side highway basketball courts. I was gonna ask him to sign my Knicks towel, but True Blue talked me out of it.

this is actually a true story, did not know Dre talked you out of it though. :lol:

Saw Ashy Larry shopping at Banana Republic on 86th St. Didn't say waddup, but I was lowkey making fun of him by blowing on my hands like he did in the skit.

I've actually met a couple knicks over the years. I'm not one of those people that acts too cool if I see a celebrity. If I actually mess with them, I be kinda geeked can't even front. Some players I've met:

If anybody remembers Basketball City, I used to play there when I was younger at different leagues and camps. I used to stay for hours after everyone left and after one of the league games, I see Penny Hardaway walk in. Im like 15 or 16 at the time. After ten minutes, I approach him, say I'm a fan, and go to walk away. His trainer asked if I wanted to shoot around and we ended up having a shootout. On everything, granted he was washed by this point
in his career, I beat penny back to back. He ended up signing my shirt and going back to his drills. Cool *** dude though.

Also met Tim Thomas at a camp he had, which was also at BBC. Won a bunch of awards and he asked if I wanted to play for Tim Thomas all stars, some AAU team he ran. Was never really a fan plus dude showed up only that day for like 10 minutes at his own camp, but he seemed cool enough.

Met John Wallace at a Knicks event last year when they were having viewing parties cuz of the MSG TWC dispute. Nobody knew who he was, but knew he had to be somebody to be that tall. Had to keep asking who had seen He Got Game and be like "remember dude who was like I GOT HOPS I GOT HOPS? Yeah, that's him. Most people still didn't know who he was lol.

Met Clyde at some NBA event at the south street seaport 2 summers ago. Grooviest ************ ever, even in real life. Told him he was a legend, got an autograph, and went about my business. Was so starstruck didn't even ask for a pic.

Sorry for the essay, at work with nothing better to do.

Last edited:
Met Shumpert.......asked him how his knee was and that I dropped 30 on him in high school. He gave me the :nerd: :stoneface: look and i told him i was just ******g around. We laughed it off.

Also, met Clyde. Dude drips swagoo. For some reason he was always smiling.

Got a pic and autograph with both though. Ofcourse i came out looking like a bum in both pics though with my eyes closed making weird *** faces :smh:

Last edited:
One of my bros got killed Saturday morning on Marion Ave in the Bronx my boy had a baby on the way this **** really has me ****** up right now man im telling yall this because yea I don't know any of yall personally but I really mess with all yall dudes in this thread we been in here for years and have formed a bond I'm just begging yall to be safe in these streets man especially in NYC this **** is becoming worse and worse everyday. RIP to my bro Ron man

Wow what happened foam? Really sorry to hear that man.

Was he like a brother or was he literally your brother?
Either way accept the condolences

Back
Top Bottom