Anderson Cooper GOES IN on Chris Brown

Originally Posted by Shox23

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

30t6p3b.gif
 at people defending chrissy boo

even if a girl hits you
a man is suppose to turn the other cheek.

i just cant stand people defending this punk.
Not here to defend cb, we still don't what happened that night, but hypothetically speaking if a women hits you with an object or is repeatedly hitting to the point where she can physically harm your gonna turn the other cheek.

lol u dont turn the other cheek u hold her or grab her so she cant do nething we all know we can over power a girl,, u dont beat her like u beat a dude up in a brawl,,

Originally Posted by Shox23

30t6p3b.gif
 at people defending chrissy boo

even if a girl hits you
a man is suppose to turn the other cheek.

i just cant stand people defending this punk.
Not here to defend cb, we still don't what happened that night, but hypothetically speaking if a women hits you with an object or is repeatedly hitting to the point where she can physically harm your gonna turn the other cheek.

OR HE COULD OF JUST LEFT THE CAR?

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by debs 168

who are we to judge?
Judgment? This man is famous. By reserving judgment as a society we are saying it's completely okay to do what he did. As a society, we should shun that kind of behavior and make it very clear that it is unacceptable.

This message is not made clear when the guy still has it record deal and is producing albums and is coming up in a movie.

This came up in the Bill O'Reilly thread. Conservatives have been saying for how long that this music degrades women. How do you think this looks? It makes for an extremely compelling argument on their behalf when they see the "liberal" media accept him back with open arms after beating up another woman within the celebrity community. Shameful.

People in here are saying they only care about the music? Think about someone other than yourself. Music and popular media has a strong influence on kids. People will continue to deny it though, all the while wearing Sean John and Rocawear.
Shameful? CB has paid for his crime.  Should an individual after making a mistake in which he has apologized and completed his 6 months of community service, continue to be berated, chastised and ridiculed?  
And who says what he did was accepted?  6 months of community service? 5 years of Probation?  The State of California certainly did not think so. Society including yourself and the Media (AC) to this day still want to punish the man. At what point can he move on?  So yeah who am I to judge him?  He did the crime, paid for it and now should be given a chance to move on and better himself. 

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

who are we to judge?
Judgment? This man is famous. By reserving judgment as a society we are saying it's completely okay to do what he did. As a society, we should shun that kind of behavior and make it very clear that it is unacceptable.

This message is not made clear when the guy still has it record deal and is producing albums and is coming up in a movie.

This came up in the Bill O'Reilly thread. Conservatives have been saying for how long that this music degrades women. How do you think this looks? It makes for an extremely compelling argument on their behalf when they see the "liberal" media accept him back with open arms after beating up another woman within the celebrity community. Shameful.

People in here are saying they only care about the music? Think about someone other than yourself. Music and popular media has a strong influence on kids. People will continue to deny it though, all the while wearing Sean John and Rocawear.
Shameful? CB has paid for his crime.  Should an individual after making a mistake in which he has apologized and completed his 6 months of community service, continue to be berated, chastised and ridiculed?  
And who says what he did was accepted?  6 months of community service? 5 years of Probation?  The State of California certainly did not think so. Society including yourself and the Media (AC) to this day still want to punish the man. At what point can he move on?  So yeah who am I to judge him?  He did the crime, paid for it and now should be given a chance to move on and better himself. 

if it was me hitting a girl i would have not got 6 months of community service. and i live in california

if it was me hitting a girl i would have not got 6 months of community service. and i live in california

If you can afford attorney Mark Geragos, I am betting you would have gotten that plea. 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

who are we to judge?
So now I can't judge a guy who beat the crap out of a much smaller girl? Not to mention biting her so hard it left huge teeth marks?

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

are you the much smaller girl? are you related to her?
are you not aware that the court got involved and all that and he did what he had to do?
are you not aware that she already forgave him?
grin.gif

also, so you don't support any former drug dealers, habitual criminals within rap, hollywood or the block, and you never did anything negative in your life that you were forgiven for, etc. etc.??

for some ppl that laugh at ppl "defending" cb,  you guys sure hold on to old stuff that has nothing to do with you like females.

And who says what he did was accepted?  6 months of community service? 5 years of Probation?  The State of California certainly did not think so. Society including yourself and the Media (AC) to this day still want to punish the man. 

Why u make that sound like Cali gave him the maximum or tough time. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Community service & probation is coming down hard on the kid? He got a simple slap on the wrist cause of his value to society (money wise) & hes famous.

Ive met people facing some years for choking a girl. And chris beat her to a bloody pulp.

Yes his lawyer did his job but still quit making it sound like the State taught that kid a lesson.

At what point can he move on?  So yeah who am I to judge him?  He did the crime, paid for it and now should be given a chance to move on and better himself. 

you CLEARLY dont get it... 
eyes.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I wanna make it clear. That this is not  about one incident. its been one after another. 

If you can afford attorney Mark Geragos, I am betting you would have gotten that plea. 

so does that mean that only because he has money, then he has paid his time? i mean that should add more fuel to the fire dont you think? 

Chris Brown is a dirt bag for what he did, but still, why should he give a damn about Anderson Coopers opinion? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

And who says what he did was accepted?  6 months of community service? 5 years of Probation?  The State of California certainly did not think so. Society including yourself and the Media (AC) to this day still want to punish the man. 
Why u make that sound like Cali gave him the maximum or tough time. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Community service & probation is coming down hard on the kid? He got a simple slap on the wrist cause of his value to society (money wise) & hes famous.

Ive met people facing some years for choking a girl. And chris beat her to a bloody pulp.

Yes his lawyer did his job but still quit making it sound like the State taught that kid a lesson.

At what point can he move on?  So yeah who am I to judge him?  He did the crime, paid for it and now should be given a chance to move on and better himself. 

you CLEARLY dont get it... 
eyes.gif

30t6p3b.gif

So 6 months of community service isn't hell on a millionaire celebrity?  I mean let's face reality here... Millionaire Celebrities are above the law thanks to high price attorneys. You do get that right?  Is it fair? NO off course not but that's just how the system works here.  So to answer your question, YES 6 months of waking up at 6am for 8 hour days picking up trash on the LA Freeways IMO has taught this millionaire celebrity a lesson. 
so-trashy_425x315.jpg

So let me ask you... what should his punishment be?  2 years in jail? 5 years?  And after 5 years, he gets a record deal and start making movies again, will that be OK then for him to move on with his life?  

WitnessMyCalm21 wrote:

So 6 months of community service isn't hell on a millionaire celebrity?  I mean let's face reality here... Millionaire Celebrities are above the law thanks to high price attorneys. You do get that right?  Is it fair? NO off course not but that's just how the system works here.  So to answer your question, YES 6 months of waking up at 6am for 8 hour days picking up trash on the LA Freeways IMO has taught this millionaire celebrity a lesson. 
So let me ask you... what should his punishment be?  2 years in jail? 5 years?  And after 5 years, he gets a record deal and start making movies again, will that be OK then for him to move on with his life?  

And the people who accept this are no better than the people who make them above the law... Telling me that "Its enough punishment for Chris since hes a millionare" and saying that #***@*@ mowing lawns is such torture for Chris. PEOPLE DO THIS EVERYDAY OF THEIR LIVES. +*!% ive done STS & no i didnt enjoy it but to say it was a harsh punishment for another human being is #***@*@ ridiculous & i cant believe some of u think that way... I dont even know why i bother... Oh and am i suppose to feel sympathy for CB in that pic? 
grin.gif

I never though id see the day when someone tells me that picking #***@*@ weeds is teaching someone a lesson. Wow. 

Oh and thank you for basically adding to my previous statements that hes a brat/spoiled & needs to grow up & wake up... Stop all this "he made a booboo" .. take that somewhere else. 

who are we to judge?

I don't want to punish CB. Yeah, he served his time lawfully. But it's entirely different being in the public spotlight. We as a society hold famous people to a higher standard; and we should, because they are idolized by kids and are in a position to be very influential.

He shouldn't be given a platform to influence society and, most importantly, children. People who disagree on this point often disagree with how much influence popular people have on society; not only in terms of how much direct influence they have through their "message" but also through their representation of whatever respective community.

I don't believe it's punishment to be removed from popular media. I believe having that platform is a privilege. It's this simple, if I had kids, I would never let them listen to a guy like Chris Brown.  Of all the people and all the stimuli that can influence children, why give a guy with a track record like CB a voice? When someone makes significant mistakes in their life and they still get to live an amazing lifestyle, it sends a confusing message to many kids who see these guys bragging about their extremely successful lives, (much better than their own households) while making these mistakes others would have to deal with throughout their lives.

That social stigma against hitting a woman is very significant in our society; that's a good thing. Average guy will probably lose his job and have significantly more difficulty getting a good job with that on his record. We should be loud and clear in this regard that this kind of behavior is unacceptable.

Originally Posted by oidreez

ol captain save a bro's

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This guy has ZERO redeeming qualities, well from my perspective so it's difficult for me to empathize with him in any way

I don't want to punish CB. Yeah, he served his time lawfully. But it's entirely different being in the public spotlight. We as a society hold famous people to a higher standard; and we should, because they are idolized by kids and are in a position to be very influential.

He shouldn't be given a platform to influence society and, most importantly, children. People who disagree on this point often disagree with how much influence popular people have on society; not only in terms of how much direct influence they have through their "message" but also through their representation of whatever respective community.

I don't believe it's punishment to be removed from popular media. I believe having that platform is a privilege. It's this simple, if I had kids, I would never let them listen to a guy like Chris Brown.  Of all the people and all the stimuli that can influence children, why give a guy with a track record like CB a voice? When someone makes significant mistakes in their life and they still get to live an amazing lifestyle, it sends a confusing message to many kids who see these guys bragging about their extremely successful lives, (much better than their own households) while making these mistakes others would have to deal with throughout their lives.

That social stigma against hitting a woman is very significant in our society; that's a good thing. Average guy will probably lose his job and have significantly more difficulty getting a good job with that on his record. We should be loud and clear in this regard that this kind of behavior is unacceptable.

Why give him a voice?  Because he's talented and can entertain. Simple as that.  If the dude can't dance, sing or act, the hell do I care about CB? 
laugh.gif

Plus how is CB any different than 50cent who was a convicted crack dealer?  How is CB any different than Snoop, convicted for cocaine charges?  How is CB any different than Martha Stewart, Kobe Bryant, Ray Lewis, Plaxico, R Kelly, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby, Michael Jackson, Martin Lawrence, Arnold Schwarenegger, Justice Clarence Thomas, Mike Tyson, etc?  All of the aforementioned were all either convicted, accused and/or charged with crimes and to this day still continue to have a public platform to influence society and children. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating that hitting women is OK however for people to continue hating on CB after he has already paid his debt to society is just ridiculous.

Dude all those cases are different. Some of those people are in the same boat as CB (R Kelly, Woody Allen), others, like Martha Stewart, are obviously different. Plus, CB shows absolutely zero sign of acknowledgment of his crime. Again, all I know are based on his actions. Throwing a temper tantrum over being questioned shows CB has very little understanding of the gravity of his actions.

Like I said, you may not care because you are an adult and not a child and can enjoy his self absorbed music. Children are different and are much more susceptible to influence.

SMH at NT's captain-save-a-bros. You should get your man cards revoked, if you even had one in the first place, you pansies.

Back
Top Bottom