Android essentials?

Advanced task killer is a must
Automatic task killer.  kills things you are not using as soon as the screen goes black.
Gotta have Swype.  I personally cant use any other virtual keyboard.  Best thing since pants with pockets.
Handcent SMS.
Blowup (game)
Trapster.

Advanced task killer is a must
Automatic task killer.  kills things you are not using as soon as the screen goes black.
Gotta have Swype.  I personally cant use any other virtual keyboard.  Best thing since pants with pockets.
Handcent SMS.
Blowup (game)
Trapster.

Where's my droid..If you phone gets stolen just text your phone and find its exact location.
Launcher Pro...Gives you customizable homescreens with up to 7 and cool double menu tap feature.
Glow Puzzle...an addicting fun game.
iMusic...download music pretty fast.

Where's my droid..If you phone gets stolen just text your phone and find its exact location.
Launcher Pro...Gives you customizable homescreens with up to 7 and cool double menu tap feature.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

eek.gif
 Thank you for posting this will help a lot.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

eek.gif
 Thank you for posting this will help a lot.

for Where's My droid i believe the GPS needs to be turned on to work.

i know a lot of droid users who turn their gps off to save battery, so if you lost your phone or it got stolen wheres my droid would not work.

i know a lot of droid users who turn their gps off to save battery, so if you lost your phone or it got stolen wheres my droid would not work.

Personally, LauncherPro > ADW due to its extreme customization. ADW is nice for tweaking widgets, though. You should def mess w/some home apps just to see what you like. The possibilities are endless and don't require rooting.

How has nobody mentioned Google Voice? Is it stock? I don't recall. Voice changes the way you think about and interact w/your phone. If I could only have 1 app, it would be Voice. (they need to get rid of the daily thread setting, though)

demoPlayer
EasyTether (probably useless after Froyo, but w/e)
Bump
Listen (might be stock)
Missed Call (customize notifications)

Smart Alarm Clock wakes you up when you're not in a deep sleep (don't ask, just download)

Quick Settings > Power Management

OpenSpot (probably won't amount to a hill of beans but I'll use it anyway)

EDIT: for security, I grabbed WaveSecure and Mobile Defense

Personally, LauncherPro > ADW due to its extreme customization. ADW is nice for tweaking widgets, though. You should def mess w/some home apps just to see what you like. The possibilities are endless and don't require rooting.

How has nobody mentioned Google Voice? Is it stock? I don't recall. Voice changes the way you think about and interact w/your phone. If I could only have 1 app, it would be Voice. (they need to get rid of the daily thread setting, though)

demoPlayer
EasyTether (probably useless after Froyo, but w/e)
Bump
Listen (might be stock)
Missed Call (customize notifications)

Smart Alarm Clock wakes you up when you're not in a deep sleep (don't ask, just download)

Quick Settings > Power Management

OpenSpot (probably won't amount to a hill of beans but I'll use it anyway)

EDIT: for security, I grabbed WaveSecure and Mobile Defense

Mobile Defense. I got my phone stolen today...and Mobile Defense sent me an e-mail of the sim card information & phone number of whoever switched it out 
eek.gif
. After threats of legal action, my phone should be safely home tomorrow. 
pimp.gif

Mobile Defense. I got my phone stolen today...and Mobile Defense sent me an e-mail of the sim card information & phone number of whoever switched it out 
eek.gif
. After threats of legal action, my phone should be safely home tomorrow. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

yup it does.
I use it because I loose my phone a lot in my house and it's usually on silent. so when you text "wheres my droid" to your phone it turns the volume on then I can find it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

yup it does.
I use it because I loose my phone a lot in my house and it's usually on silent. so when you text "wheres my droid" to your phone it turns the volume on then I can find it
pimp.gif

I just recently bought an incredible and I'm looking for swype in the market and I can't find it? Is it under another name?

Back
Top Bottom