Anfernee Hardaway's 2007 season. VOL: It was fun while it lasted

[h1]Heat to waive Penny Hardaway[/h1]By Ira Winderman |Sun-Sentinel.com 10:33 AM EST, December 12, 2007
Penny Hardaway's NBA comeback has come to an end with the Heat.

Hardaway was informed by the team that he would be waived in order to clear a roster spot for formerDevelopment League guard Luke Jackson.

The Heat is expected to make the formal announcement later today.

Hardaway, 36, signed a non-guaranteed, veteran's-minimum contract with the Heat in the offseason, after sitting out nearly two full years due to injuries.

While he worked his way back into eight starts in his 16 appearances, he struggled with his offense, averaging 3.8 points on .367 shooting.

He was replaced in the starting lineup last Thursday in Portland by Dorell Wright, after consecutive scoreless appearances.

The highlight of Hardaway's comeback was when he scored 16 points on 6-of-6 shooting, including 4-of-4 from behind the 3-point line, in a Nov. 17 victoryin New Jersey. It was the lone double-figure performance in the comeback for a player who carried a career 15.4 scoring average into the season.

By rule, Hardaway will be made available to any other NBA team, at his minimum salary, for a 48-hour waiver period.

roll.gif

About time.

For Luke Jackson? Riles is really desperate for shooting. Luke Jackson always torches the D-League and then promptly arrives in the NBA and stinks up thejoint.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So did Nike ever start with exclusive colorways, or what...?
Naw...I mean they did make some for HIM...
But as far as us,they felt he wouldn't bring business, despite me thinking the exact opposite, they may be right...
laugh.gif

PO

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Penny just give it up bro. You had your run and it just isn't going to happen

someone will pick him up, i dont see how some of you can be so childish, the guy wanted to get back and he did. can't knock him for trying, he's stillbetter than any of us on the board, so why you hatin on him?

The only good news out of this is we are now ensured yet another summer of "Penny Hardway making a comeback!!!!!" thread topics next year.
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Boo!!!

Why not Joel Anthony, Earl Barron or Alexander Johnson?

Ah well, good while it lasted... I'll always remember the game at New Jersey.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Boo!!!

Why not Joel Anthony, Earl Barron or Alexander Johnson?

Ah well, good while it lasted... I'll always remember the game at New Jersey.

Earl Barron is actually really underrated, Alexander Johnson is also a better player than Penny right now (just has one big hole in his game), and JoelAnthony looked pretty good in the preseason and summer, he probably would have been the next guy to go I assume. I wanted Penny to stay around but this wasexpected.

Originally Posted by rhcp729

someone will pick him up, i dont see how some of you can be so childish, the guy wanted to get back and he did. can't knock him for trying, he's still better than any of us on the board, so why you hatin on him?

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

roll.gif

Shame to see Penny go, but he wasn't doing anything right now, and he certainly doesn't have any ceiling left in terms of future growth. At least Lukeperhaps has the potential to be a contributor down the line somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom