Another abused dog found it's way to our house

wow that's crazy.  puppies in 24 hours?
eek.gif
  you guys took on a lot.  i'm sure you'll be able to find some good homes.  if i was closer i'd take one if i didn't already have 3 dogs. 

Originally Posted by Datnggag

Originally Posted by saint lt

Originally Posted by jessicamichael

We always give our animals ice in their water ESPECIALLY when it starts to warm up outside.

you're really not supposed to give dogs ice cold water it can give them cramps.  cool water is good but not too cold.
Why you cant just be like awwww and keep it moving leet?
i don't say "awwww" 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Datnggag

Originally Posted by saint lt

We always give our animals ice in their water ESPECIALLY when it starts to warm up outside.

you're really not supposed to give dogs ice cold water it can give them cramps.  cool water is good but not too cold.
Why you cant just be like awwww and keep it moving leet?
i don't say "awwww" 
eyes.gif

OMG it's 3:13 am and I am still up with Khloe. I have a job interview at 8:45 am and everytime I start to fall asleep she has contractions. She has had what would have been 3 boys so far none of them made it. They were close and tried but couldn't do it they didn't even have fur.

I don't know how to tell when she is done though. She will not relax or lay down if I'm not next to her so I'm sleeping on the closer floor. Lol anyone else up right now?

OMG it's 3:13 am and I am still up with Khloe. I have a job interview at 8:45 am and everytime I start to fall asleep she has contractions. She has had what would have been 3 boys so far none of them made it. They were close and tried but couldn't do it they didn't even have fur.

I don't know how to tell when she is done though. She will not relax or lay down if I'm not next to her so I'm sleeping on the closer floor. Lol anyone else up right now?

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I would try and keep her private in the whelping box.. dogs are predator animals and do best giving birth in privacy and away from noise.. People call the clinic all the time wondering why Fluffy has dystocia and it's because they're worrying  the mom as she's trying to do her job.. Also it's sad, but I won't be surprised if any of the puppies make it. With that type of history the mom had before you took her in, poor things are malnourished and probably have severe case of hookworms already and the mother will probably transmit some roundworms after birth.
frown.gif
The best is to let the mom rest and call the vet in the morning  if there seem to be complications.

I would try and keep her private in the whelping box.. dogs are predator animals and do best giving birth in privacy and away from noise.. People call the clinic all the time wondering why Fluffy has dystocia and it's because they're worrying  the mom as she's trying to do her job.. Also it's sad, but I won't be surprised if any of the puppies make it. With that type of history the mom had before you took her in, poor things are malnourished and probably have severe case of hookworms already and the mother will probably transmit some roundworms after birth.
frown.gif
The best is to let the mom rest and call the vet in the morning  if there seem to be complications.

So sad, but I'm glad she made it through the process alright.  Please keep us updated on her.

So sad, but I'm glad she made it through the process alright.  Please keep us updated on her.

That is awesome what you guys did. Out of curiosity, what part of AZ is this in? I moved to the west valley area from santa clarita, CA last year, and it has sickened me how many dogs seem to get abandoned and left for dead out here. We found two chihuahuas last week that we have taken in until we find a home for them as well. Not a week goes by that I don't see a couple stray dogs on the roads or see dead dogs on the roads. Its sad. 
Keep up the good work. 

That is awesome what you guys did. Out of curiosity, what part of AZ is this in? I moved to the west valley area from santa clarita, CA last year, and it has sickened me how many dogs seem to get abandoned and left for dead out here. We found two chihuahuas last week that we have taken in until we find a home for them as well. Not a week goes by that I don't see a couple stray dogs on the roads or see dead dogs on the roads. Its sad. 
Keep up the good work. 

Back
Top Bottom