Another BEER Thread

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by jcach

Man, some of you guys need your horizons broadened a bit.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA: malt backbone with a lot of hops.

Young's Double Chocolate Stout: if you like Guinness, you'll like this. So smooth.
10247-1280_d.jpg
I found out about this not too long ago, really want to try it out.
I don't mind guinness - but i was not a fan of the Young's at all... didn't have the right texture or something. Then again, I'mnot a huge Stout drinker to begin with... nor do I like wheat beers or many IPA's... i like hoppy ales, esb's, some porters, and an IPA or two thrownin. I think the belgian craze is completely weird and don't get it at all, but everyone i know who is into them swears that you either love them or hatethem - and i guess i'm in that camp.

I don't know - I just like my beer to be a certain way. I'm probably one of only beer snobs I know who doesn't swear by IPA's or Stouts
laugh.gif
but they just aren't my style.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Troegs Hopback and Nugget Nectar, Green Flash Hop Head, Rogue Dead Guy, Deschutes Mirror Pond, etc...
pimp.gif

the north west...... man the sampler beers they have at the rogue brewery is the way to go..... i think its like 5 or 6 beers, decent size cups, forgot theprice... but worth it...

imo, youngs double choc is not very similar to guinness. young's is lighter and has this smooth chocolatey, kinda smokey taste. guinness has a more roastedmalts/bittery finish to it true to a stout. youngs is like a dessert version of guinness with a load of "confectionary" thrown in for good measure.

prod_bout_noire.jpg

steam.JPG

AmbPK.jpg

canadian micro-brews ftw
pimp.gif
if any of u dudes visit up north be sure totry some micros

yeunglings for domestic/inexpensive

i also like a lot of sam adams brews

and i like trying all kindsa stouts
sam smith's oatmeal stout is one of my favorites though.

anyone try sam adam's chocolate bock?
picked up a bottle last week- haven't gotten to cracking it yet.

Originally Posted by QbzGangsta

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

beer is beer to me really. it's gotten to the point where it pretty much all tastes the same, and light colored beers taste like water. i'd call my life a success.

Lies. Although prolonged drinking of beer can make light beer taste like water, the statement that all other beer tastes the same is false. You either have little kld taste-buds or you have not drank enough beer.
i mean not the SAME. i dont know how to explain it actually.

Originally Posted by the north west

sam smith oatmeal stout is the truth
WORD! it was my local bars big beer of the month a while back. that's how i got put onto it.

Back
Top Bottom