Another college thread vol. Engineering

So I know it's reall late for a college thread but I'm starting college late because of procrastination and I have to save up the money.
But I narrowed everything down and decided after looking through everything I'm going with engineering.

Biomedical engineering at that.

Any biomedical engineers out there that can give some insight?

stack up on adderall

be ready for all nighters

if youre not good at math just quit while you can

get the ball rollin early before its too late

are you actually smart though op?

most engineering majors arent for the weak of heart and if you are just now deciding about college engineering may not be for you

whats your school history? are you a good student? have you ever been under a lot of stress school wise?

I have yet to do an all nighter, minus making a robotic fridge...but I was just there as a carpenter more than an engineer.  If you're not good at math and you know you'll never be good at math save your money.  Heavy Metal is the best music to listen to while doing engineering homework.  I'm not bio I'm electrical.

I'm getting my bachelor's and master's in biomedical engineering. It's not as difficult as everyone thinks. If you're not that great at math, you're just going to have to study more. I don't really know what insight I can provide. If you have any specific questions, I can do my best to answer them.

G/F is Biomedical and did her undergrad at USC and is currently getting her PhD at Berkeley. What do you want to know?

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I'm getting my bachelor's and master's in biomedical engineering. It's not as difficult as everyone thinks. If you're not that great at math, you're just going to have to study more. I don't really know what insight I can provide. If you have any specific questions, I can do my best to answer them.
How high up in Math do bios go?

Originally Posted by Credo

Calculus and linear algebra for undergraduate. They're making me take a partial differential equations course for my graduate studies.

Differential Equations during undergrad. But that's every engineering major.

Vector Calc-->Linear Algebra-->DiffEqs

Calculus and linear algebra for undergraduate. They're making me take a partial differential equations course for my graduate studies.
Oh then that's a cake walk in regards to Math anyways.

I'm actually really good with numbers, I used to hate Math but it grew on me over time.
I want to know what jobs are going to be out there for me once I finish college.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I'm actually really good with numbers, I used to hate Math but it grew on me over time.
I want to know what jobs are going to be out there for me once I finish college.
There's not really a right answer for this. The problem with biomedical engineering is that it's incredibly broad. You learn a little about a lot of different branches within the major and because of that, a lot of people end up getting a graduate degree. You could end up as a manufacturing engineer, a clinical engineer, a quality engineer, a design engineer, a researcher, etc. It really depends on what your interests are and what area of the field you go into.

I'm in mechanical engineering about to finish this december
pimp.gif
but to be successful in any engineering you got to be good at math but basically in my courses all i really used was stuff from cal 1, matrix, and diff. equ and also have strong analytical skills and great work habit, no slacking off

Back
Top Bottom