Another Help Me Have Fun in Seattle Thread vol: NIGHTLIFE

Thanks to wcghost for making these threads and all the Seattle heads that helped out in these two threads:

http://niketalk.com/topic/337994/Planning-a-Trip-to-Seattle-SUGGESTIONS?page=3

http://niketalk.com/reply/12869809/Re-My-Weekend-Trip-to-Seattle-WA-PICS-

My girlfriend surprised me with a birthday trip to Seattle next weekend and I gathered a lot of great info from those two threads as far as eating and tourism goes.

But I need some more help on the nightlife. The go-to bars, clubs, lounges, etc. My girl and I are going with another couple, and we like to drink, 
smokin.gif
, and party, so any help with the spots will be appreciated. Also, more info on shopping areas. I'm good with the places I want to go, like Rock, Paper, Scissors, HOH, EQPT, Throwback Northwest, (if I'm missing anything, let me know), etc. But a list of nice, high-end places that females would enjoy would be helpful as well.

We are staying at the Hyatt Place located at 110 6th Avenue North if that helps.

Again, Thanks in advance guys!

Actually, you're basically staying in the same area as wcghost did, just on the other side of Seattle Center. You're a bit closer to Downtown and Belltown, which is a plus. No more than a ten minute walk to anywhere from where you're staying. Walk south on Fifth Ave (along the monorail tracks) and it takes you to the heart of Downtown. Walk west a few blocks and you're in Belltown. Have fun.

High end shopping: 5th Ave (gucci louie) Barnys and Nordstroms Pacific place.

Bars: Trinity (pioner square) Havana (capitol hill) Amber (belltown)

Don't go to any of the actual clubs in Belltown. If you go to any in Downtown, go down to Pioneer Square and hit Trinity. Three rooms, cool layout, nice mix of music (Top 40 main room, electro room, and sort of a more relaxed old school/mashup room).

Sorry Trinity is a club, Havana is a bar / lounge. Never been to Amber but I hear decent things about it.

go to capitol hill for night life:
moe bar, grims/the woods, barca, barboza, cha cha lounge, baltic room, havana

Like mentioned before Belltown for the lounges, Amber is a nice spot

Trago on Saturdays is cool if you're into Dancehall, Reggae that's headed towards South Lake Union

Empire Lounge which is in Belltown too is solid

EQPT Closed...
Hit up Stussy Seattle + Alive & Well

hit up Joey's (Lake Union) for Dinner.

my favorite place right now is Tia Lous roof top deck.

If you have time check out Dowtown Bellevue..

Tia Lou's is kinda fun to chill on the rooftop deck. inside is straight wack though. I know a few people who work there, so I just go and chill sometimes.

If you can get to Bellevue, hands down the best nightclub in the Seattle area is Mirror (Munchbar) at Bellevue Square. It's a rebranded spot run by people out of Vegas. It's legit.

Come to the hood, south Seattle. Meet me on Henderson. I'll show you what's up. May see someone get shot

Word!!! You guys are the best!

Anyone have any hooks for tables or anything at any of the clubs? I'm really excited to be visiting Seattle. I have never been, and want to really have a great time doing all the "touristy" stuff but I also want to party hard at night.

Thanks for all the advice!

"Hookups" are damn near impossible at clubs in Seattle unless you're willing to blow some pompous douche "host" who thinks he runs the world...even though he works in a nightclub that's half full every night because he can't fill his own tables.

This is one nightclub experience I had this year: went to a club (won't mention the name, but it's well known). I made a reservation, and expected about eight people (I was planning on buying two bottles). We got there at 11:20. There were a couple groups in front of us, so we didn't actually get in until maybe 11:32. As we're walking in the, the host says "hey, because it's after 11:30, unfortunately I'm gonna have to ask you guys to pay a $15 cover as well." Nevermind being a couple minutes "late," he tried to gouge us for $15/head for eight people on top of the two bottles. I gave him the coldest stone face in the world and threatened to walk out. He didn't believe me when I said we were getting two bottles. We actually almost got kicked out of our table because the host tried to re-sell it, even after we bought two bottles and had barely put a dent in the second one. He pressured our waitress to rush us through the second bottle. Then the dude had the audacity to ask for a tip later that night.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

"Hookups" are damn near impossible at clubs in Seattle unless you're willing to blow some pompous douche "host" who thinks he runs the world...even though he works in a nightclub that's half full every night because he can't fill his own tables.

This is one nightclub experience I had this year: went to a club (won't mention the name, but it's well known). I made a reservation, and expected about eight people (I was planning on buying two bottles). We got there at 11:20. There were a couple groups in front of us, so we didn't actually get in until maybe 11:32. As we're walking in the, the host says "hey, because it's after 11:30, unfortunately I'm gonna have to ask you guys to pay a $15 cover as well." Nevermind being a couple minutes "late," he tried to gouge us for $15/head for eight people on top of the two bottles. I gave him the coldest stone face in the world and threatened to walk out. He didn't believe me when I said we were getting two bottles. We actually almost got kicked out of our table because the host tried to re-sell it, even after we bought two bottles and had barely put a dent in the second one. He pressured our waitress to rush us through the second bottle. Then the dude had the audacity to ask for a tip later that night.

Dammmmn. So would you say getting a table aint even worth it in Seattle?

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

So is the bar route the better idea then?
I'd say so

dmbrhs is right, it's not really worth your time and money

dakid23 mentioned Tia Lou's which is a cool spot imo, It's a club but it's located in Belltown with the other lounges, so you could still enjoy both vibes in the same area

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

So is the bar route the better idea then?
I'd say so

dmbrhs is right, it's not really worth your time and money

dakid23 mentioned Tia Lou's which is a cool spot imo, It's a club but it's located in Belltown with the other lounges, so you could still enjoy both vibes in the same area
Thanks man. Sounds like the plan. But I want to do at least one night with a table...I'll keep researching. Since you guys know better than I do, keep the recommendations coming!

honestly, Tia Lou's is pretty decent for a place to just chill with a table. I get a table from time to time because my best friend works there as a server, and she's really good. What weekend are you in town? You said "next weekend" but didn't know if that meant this coming weekend or next the 30th. PM me and I can get you situated.

Could you guys recommend a good place to get apartment? i am moving back up that way from Atlanta originally from Tacoma. I just got a job right by the airport. I'll be going to school in Seattle so I'll be going up and Down I-5 any recommendation for a good middle ground place to live that's good on rent for me and my roommate?

Back
Top Bottom