Another one bites the dust vol. no more frijays

A6923F1F-83FE-47AD-A40B-643B73A29F38.png

I’ve known about this for a month now. My local Shiekh got their Jordan account pulled and the manager said he was operating at a loss every day and wasn’t on his way out.

I say that to say this....

The problem is now a bubble of fakes being sold thru these consignment shops like cool kicks and round two in Los Angeles .... restock Chicago...urban necessities, etc that play the “plug” game.

Shiekh been the plug for quite some time but as of last year...it was closed. Nike been auditing them for some time now.

Thoughts.

What’s next?

Not cool of Nike, but I guess this is happening because of their sales dipping and they want more of a foothold on their products AKA ending third-party contracts.

Rent is their issue. They have a lot of non producing stores that only sale shoes.

You gotta understand the socioeconomics of your neighborhood.

Most families can only afford a shoe on sale.

Most consumers go in for just shoes, not apparel.

Hell, Nike can’t even sell apparel. 90% or their stuff ends up in factory and clearance stores.

Not cool of Nike, but I guess this is happening because of their sales dipping and they want more of a foothold on their products AKA ending third-party contracts.
Not cool of Nike????
U didn’t see they owe Nike 16 mil
I’m ready to cut my fam off over $5 :lol:

Mom n pops survived having to buy apparel...Shiekh just mismanaged their stores.

They were popping when that was the only option but then footlocker group got their boughie account back and partnered with brands to bring house of hoops, flight, etc.

Shiekh? Rude customer service and every shipment is for sale before release

Not surprised at all. That store is sketch as hell. They started selling retros no more than 5 years ago. Before that, it was just trash team Jordan's and AF1s. Don't get me started on their Jordan apparel.

Not surprised at all. That store is sketch as hell. They started selling retros no more than 5 years ago. Before that, it was just trash team Jordan's and AF1s. Don't get me started on their Jordan apparel.
what city u in
sheikhs in the bay been selling retros since before i can remember

Seattle. Didn't get Sheikh till maybe 2006-2007.
Shiekh was selling retros and launch Jordans before then also.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, each store was shady. Best place to get deals on launch product and pairs set aside if you knew the right people though.

I remember back in the day.. Shiekh was selling these for $600+.. :rofl:
Talking about suggestion retail price means they can change the price.. :smh:
carmelo-anthony-air-jordan-2-retro.jpg

Shady employees, not to mention there's just too much competition out there. They're just lost in the mix. Wasn't Footlocker also not too long ago reporting that sales have been garbage?

I remember back in the day.. Shiekh was selling these for $600+.. :rofl:
Talking about suggestion retail price means they can change the price.. :smh:
carmelo-anthony-air-jordan-2-retro.jpg
i remember when sheikhs used to be like a legit spot to get shoes
then shadiness happened
and folks just haven't forgotten the shadiness
and rather go to other spots than them

Back
Top Bottom