Originally Posted by p charm

she was on everything, including my nerves
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ "Oprah's a double agent, Oprah's a danger to us. Oprah is Aunt Jemima with a degree"

That's real talk though, I've been saying something along those lines for a while now. I don't really mess with Oprah at all.

You think it's a reasonable thing to suggest he'd rather be enslaved, than to live under the auspices of a false freedom?

Originally Posted by Cz7

I acknowledge the odds maybe stacked up against because of our race, but I won't sit back and use that as an excuse or blame problems that I know I can fix and change on another race.
Name one person using that as an excuse for anything in this thread or where Mooney implies we should use that as an excuse. Cuz right now eventho you claim to acknowledge it you contradict yourself by saying we're making excuses when all we're doing is acknowledging it and talking about it.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Name one person using that was making an excuse for anything in this thread[/color] or where Mooney implies we should use that as an excuse. Cuz right now even tho you claim to acknowledge it you contradict yourself by saying we're making excuses when all we're doing is acknowledging it and talking about it.
CROSSIOM is one guy that immediately comes to mind.

Where in any of his posts does he make an excuse? Especially one similar to ""oddsmaybe stacked up against (us) because of our race, but I won't sit back and use that as an excuse or blame problems that I know I can fix and change on another race."
Spoiler [+]
Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

SMH at some of you forgetting that he's a comedian too.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by Cz7

But I ain't equal
Come on Ant, you're not equal because here you are admitting to be so. Thats mental slavery.
It's outside of our power dude, whether we like it or not. Even a self enlightened person can do nothing but help start a movement towards equality.

If every black person isn't on the same wavelength towards betterment, then we won't get anywhere.
so lets just all become comedians and make jokes about the situation, because THAT will certainly make it better.

I know you didn't say that, but if we you contend that we are powerless to control or alter our own situation then what the hell do we do.
You're giving his words too much power.

How am I suppose to know a solution to equality?

These are all of his posts in this thread except for the on where he asked Haze why he still responds to you (which don't got *%*% to do with this thread).

LDJ wrote:
Im not saying you are wrong nor am i saying all whites etc are racists. What i am saying is what someone says cannot be compared to what someone actually does.
"Actions speak louder than words"... I 100% completely agree. I actually see where you're coming from, and I'm assuming you see where I'm coming from, but is it really necessary for people to attack each other and call them names because of different POV's? Why ignore my message just because I use some comparisons you don't like? Tell me that. It straight up pisses me off when I type a whole essay for y'all explaining my views and then y'all pick a quote y'all don't like and insult me for it. It's a lot of fickle dudes in here. I'm not talking about you LDJ, because at least at the end of the day you have it in you to admit you can understand what I'm saying unlike some of these other dudes.

Exactly its just what some ppl are comparing is ridiculous. What i said and stories i used are 100% truth. Key example im just gonna lead off with a story mrmooney told which is 100% proof and ill just let the masses interpret however.

Lets say theres a up and coming black comedian lets call him iuno DAN. He has had a string of successful cable tv special stand-ups. He even has a cult classicmovie under his belt about plants with powers to heal etc.

Lets say said comedian DAN has this idea about a group of african americans from all walks of light. A businessman corporate type, a somewhat job to jobslacker male, and a hardworking blue collar 9-5 black male(who has aspirations of being a comedian). They all live in the same apartment complex in brooklyn.These three men are all cool acquaintances because of girls they have dated(the woman all went to college together and just happen to live in the same complex)The show will be called BUDDIES

They all live their retrospective lives and become all good friends. The comedian DAN gives this idea to a company lets call them CBN. The white gentlemen says wow this is crazy sounds absolutely ubsurd. Like 3 positive black men and none lie with they momma. ANd three black woman all who went to college, no babydaddies lol are you serious. Sorry DAN itll never work.

So he pitches the idea to another man who says he can probably get the idea of the ground and running. He says oh sorry DAN didnt know one feel your idea its awash scrap it.

That same man who says oh i couldnt get your idea off the ground, take that same concept tweek it a lil(aka pretty much same big difference is adding whiteppl). Pitches it to CBN and they say excellent idea so original sounds great, say itll work, its like they all become FRIENDS.

Paul mentions says this story in a stand up and uses a couple of racial stereotypes about whites jewish ppl etc. Why is it ppl will say oh he is racist, oh heis being racist, if a white man said what he said he will be thrown to the fire.

Different in what Paul has done is taking a true life incident added a few racial epitates, mixed with a lil ignorance. But the basis the premise of what he istalking about is based on truths. About a specific incident and he is a comedian which its his job to add comedic satire.

Rush don etc having a serious topic about american and its current state and throwing in sneak disses and light jabs and indirect racism is not the same. Adicussion about which bill had on our current state of unemployment, he conviently made a point that blacks(males to be specific make the rates higher thanthey should be) because they simply arent even trying to go out and look for work. He didnt directly say that but his snide comments implied it. And yes statsindicate alot of black males are unemployed, but how could he possible know that a good majority of black males arent even looking for work.

Thing is to the ppl who arent black and others who arent in the company of many blacks catch those subtle comments. And subconciously think these stereotypeswhen they have the limited interactions with blacks. Sad thing is its like when you get up and take a piss. You dont even think acknowledge you gotta go, youjust wake up and do it.

I figured you was just gonna take one part of his post and focus on that. Ignoring the second sentence thus losing the point of what he was saying.

You think one man can start a movement/revolution on his own? Cuz what he said is right. I'm not aware of any type of progression that's solelyattributed to one person.

The reason he says "it's outside of our power" is cuz we aren't altogether, we're not on the same page, we're not united in any shapeor form BUT if you got that as him making an excuse fine it's actually proving the point even more.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

NJS .... I'm not here to attack you and quite understand what you're trying to do but let me ask one thing why does that double standard exist? Also, why are you using extremes to get your point across? I understand that the average NTer barely connects the dots, but exactly who are trying to get over on? So, your conclusion is that Paul Mooney should tell the truth in a sugar coated manner, that every one could digest. While you take his quotes out of context, while also twisting them for your benefit. Yet after all your berating you separate yourself from all of your comments as if you're just an overseer to the words you spew out through the assistance of a keyboard. Honestly I don't get your point at all.

But if you or anyone else siding with you actually watched the video and the other parts to the interview then you would have seen that Paul Mooney does touch upon this double standard you speak on, while I have an analogy of my own in mind .. his was stated quite simply and doesn't need any others added to it for better understanding
"So, your conclusion is that Paul Mooney should tell the truth in a sugar coated manner that every one could digest" <----- How do you get that from my post? I'm saying that although Mooney has some truth to his statements, they can be viewed as offensive. Others believe that he is only joking and don't believe his statements are offensive at all only because he's a comedian. My point was, just because he's a comedian doesn't mean you, him, or anyone should/can brush them off as "jokes". There are several Mooney videos, I only watched the interview that OP posted. Is that clear to everyone? So no, my comparison did not come from any other videos, it's merely coincidental that I made the comparsion between the two of them. Was the comparison extreme? Yes. Maybe too extreme as it seems because y'all seem to not be able to get passed it. The whole reasoning behind it was the LDJ along with others were saying that Mooney's statements couldn't be racist because he's a "comedian". My point was that's not an excuse because although he is a comedian, that doesn't mean he's not serious about some of the things he says.
Name one person using that as an excuse for anything in this thread or where Mooney implies we should use that as an excuse. Cuz right now even tho you claim to acknowledge it you contradict yourself by saying we're making excuses when all we're doing is acknowledging it and talking about it.
CROSSIOM is one guy that immediately comes to mind.

The whole reasoning behind it was the LDJ along with others were saying that Mooney's statementscouldn't be racist because he's a "comedian". My point was that's not an excuse because although he is a comedian, that doesn't meanhe's not serious about some of the things he says.

No what i was saying is that i have seen talk with him on several occasions, touple that with him dating interracially. And him working and being best friendswith whites, i deemed HIM specifically PAUL in which we are talking about. He isnt racist. As far as my knowledge he hasnt held anyone back or had a standardetc for one race favorable over another.

And also what i was saying is that paul, was asked specific questions and was asked to give a comedic view point on it. As in a joke play play not real. Thatisnt the same as asking tom brokah (different venue, also tom isnt a comedian and wouldnt be asked to give a light-hearted comedic anecdote) about the cubanmissle crisis, and outta nowhere he says black ppl sure would look good hanging on a tree. Or mexicans love low riders, cause it makes picking fruits andveggies easy. Again same thing if tavis smiley was asked what do you think about stem cell research and out the blue, he says.... old white ppl skin looks likebeat up leather. In both incidences with tom and tavis i would say that was a racist uncalled for remarks. It had nothing to do with the subject at hand.

If robin willaims says a light-heart joke about blacks etc (and he has many of times) If it was in context of the subject at hand I wouldnt cry racism. And yeshe has done so several times, about blacks with gold chains, medallions, riding caddys, etc (it was mainly 80's when he did standup so thats why outdatedexamples of stereotypes of blacks) No one cried said anything because they realize he is a comedian and he was giving comic releif that was relevant to thecontent of the subject.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I figured you was just gonna take one part of his post and focus on that. Ignoring the second sentence thus losing the point of what he was saying.

You think one man can start a movement/revolution on his own? Cuz what he said is right. I'm not aware of any type of progression that's solely attributed to one person.

The reason he says "it's outside of out power" is cuz we aren't altogether, we're not on the same page, we're not united in any shape or form BUT if you got that as him making an excuse fine it's actually proving the point even more.
No one else seems to have a problem doing it. Also, I most definitely read the 2nd part of his statement, I didn't focus on it because that's not the part that I interpreted as an excuse. An excuse is what you asked for isn't it? If you want to draw attention to his 2nd statement, I'll do so. He says, "even a self-enlightened person can do nothing but start a movement towards equality". It sounds as if he's deeming that effort as worthless. Yes, I most certainly think a man can START a revolution on his own. Carrying it out all lies within the people though and that's the hard part because as you said -- we fail to unify.
So you just wanna argue? I asked for a post of anyone in this thread making an excuse not something youdidn't understand or misinterpreted. If you don't take the whole thing and just look for certain parts you taking it out of context.

You woulda been better off quoting dude who brought up the holocaust.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

You think one man can start a movement/revolution on his own? Cuz what he said is right. I'm not aware of any type of progression that's solely attributed to one person.

The reason he says "it's outside of out power" is cuz we aren't altogether, we're not on the same page, we're not united in any shape or form BUT if you got that as him making an excuse fine it's actually proving the point even more.
No one else seems to have a problem doing it. Also, I most definitely read the 2nd part of his statement, I didn't focus on it because that's not the part that I interpreted as an excuse. An excuse is what you asked for isn't it? If you want to draw attention to his 2nd statement, I'll do so. He says, "even a self-enlightened person can do nothing but start a movement towards equality". It sounds as if he's deeming that effort as worthless. Yes, I most certainly think a man can START a revolution on his own. Carrying it out all lies within the people though and that's the hard part because as you said -- we fail to unify.

Thing is change isnt gonna come and i doubt it seriously would work. Why put the time effort and uphill battle and try to change rectify wrongs. Best thing todo as time has showed humans is to evolve and move forward create innovate. Why try to fight and change a system. It is better and more feasible to just createyour own system.

This idea is practice in everyday life. You dont like the way a company runs, f trying to change it. Go out and create make your own company. Its like if youwork at walmart, why try to change their work ethics and business practices. Its just gonna be a ongoing uphill struggle, a battle you may not win. It would beeasier to just create start your own company. I think that is the most likely way conditions will change and be favorable for blacks.

Didn't see what I did there did you?
laugh.gif

I just tell you not to take something out of context and then I basically do the same and you really trying to turn it around on me?
laugh.gif

Oh and as for ya Mooney/Richardson comparison I read the whole thing and I still felt it was off base but I left that to who you were arguing with to explainthat.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by wren32

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by Nash

paul mooney is funny as hell. Slavery was horrible but compared to the holocaust its a walk in the park.

now why would you come in here and say some off the cuff, non-sequitur, unnecessarily controversial stuff like that
indifferent.gif

There is no controversey in what i said. over 6 million jewish peole murdered because one guy got an enitire country/group of people to share his hatred for them. id rather be a slave then get starved to death, gased to death, shot to death or burned to death anyday. my point is it could always be worse. Slaves for the most part weren't just being killed for nothing jewish people were. And people need to take what paul mooney said for what it is JOKES.
look dingbat, what I'm trying to say to you is that nobody was talking about the Holocaust in here so what is the point of arguing your point that it was worse than slavery? Regardless of whether or not it was, why even bring such a divisive topic in here?

Dingbat? haven't heard that in a while lol the point is people cant take a joke for what it is and they think that slavery is the end all be all of bad things that have happened in the world and its not. Take what the man said for what it is and laugh cuz it could be alot worse.

listen here, you whimsical vagabond. I have never in my life seen a more unnecessary comparison. first off, Holocaust lasted all but how long? Blacks still in chains today.

6 milliion died by ovens now? Not true brody. Most, if not all, were by starvation, a death which some slaves would have killed for. Why bring up the imagry of ovens though? Do you know what it's like to have your scrotum cut off, then fed to you while you are hung from a noose? Cuz I am sure my duke Abraham was getting that same treatment behind bars? Not likely, and atleast the Jews knew what it was like to be free. Atleast they had freedom, a decision made for by slaves. Born into slavery, do you have any idea how powerful that belief system is? How detrimental that frame of mind, can cause generations? At the end of the day, they were both horrible, but 400 years of slavery >>>>>>. You dingbat.
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif