Another Prom question.

My prom is coming up and i was wondering if i should rent a tux or just buy one. My dad was telling me that I might as well buy a Tux because renting one isonly a few dollars cheaper.

Just cop. No tellin when u'll need it again and if it's a general tux u can rock it to college formals and %#!$.

yeah, I don't think I'm ever going to use a tux again but my dad was telling me that it would be good to have one. Has any of you guys bought a tux? How much do they usually cost?

Men's warehouse FTW...
smokin.gif

I got my tux + shoes for 50 bucks
laugh.gif

just rent it...

try to find a spot in the hood...that's what I did..
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

My prom is coming up and i was wondering if i should rent a tux or just buy one. My dad was telling me that I might as well buy a Tux because renting one is only a few dollars cheaper.

is he paying for it?

Originally Posted by youngflykidchris

My prom is coming up and i was wondering if i should rent a tux or just buy one. My dad was telling me that I might as well buy a Tux because renting one is only a few dollars cheaper.

is he paying for it?
nope, i am

Don't buy a tux. Chances are by the time you have to dust it off the cut and style will be out of fashion.

Besides, most guys toss on a few pounds after highschool as their metabolism slows. Chances are you'll have a hell of a time fitting back into your'prom tux' anyway.

Dads has it wrong.

Originally Posted by youngflykidchris

is he paying for it?
nope, i am

rent

There has been 0 times since my highschool prom that I have even SEEN someone in a tux (besides weddings that I wasn't standing up in) Rent it, likeeveryone else said find a spot that's local or "hood" and you'll get it for around $50 including shoes and everything. Avoid spots in the mall at all costs.

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

Originally Posted by MrBluPrint

Men's warehouse FTL...
smh.gif

Fixed.

It's not even funny how terrilbe these people are.

I've wore pretty much the same jacket size (42 or 44 reg, depending on brand) with a slightly tailored lenght and sleeve for 5 years now. They had thisclown measure me up the other day for a rental tux for a buddies wedding, and he tried to put a 46 long on me. I looked like a 3rd grader in a Steve Harveysuit.

I #*+%!%+ to dood about how terrible the sizing was, and he insisted that it fit "perfect", and that the 7 blazers I had at home that were 42 reg and44 reg from my tailor (who's been making suits and tailoring his entire life) were "terribly sized"....I told them to order the 42R....After Iexplained that a "break" was pant length.....

indifferent.gif

How are you guys getting it for $50? What does that come with? I paid $150 for tux, shirt, vest, pants, tie, pocket square and shoes...

What are you 17? 18? Chances are by the time you are ready to wear it again, it wont fit. Rent one.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

How are you guys getting it for $50? What does that come with? I paid $150 for tux, shirt, vest, pants, tie, pocket square and shoes...

Go find smaller mom and pop places. They tend to be better with keeping up on current trends (Ever notice how nobody looks like James Bond in a tux theyrented from the mall?) They're much cheaper, as they often manufacture the stuff themselves and don't have some national cleaning/altering/shippingwarehouse with 20,000 dip**** employees.

yeah im also thinking about renting but where are you guys renting for 50?

they asking 140 for the whole package

Originally Posted by chr1scross

mine came with shirt, cuff links, tie, vest, jacket, pants and shoes for $50

Originally Posted by duerr

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

Originally Posted by MrBluPrint

Men's warehouse FTL...
smh.gif

Fixed.

It's not even funny how terrilbe these people are.

I've wore pretty much the same jacket size (42 or 44 reg, depending on brand) with a slightly tailored lenght and sleeve for 5 years now. They had this clown measure me up the other day for a rental tux for a buddies wedding, and he tried to put a 46 long on me. I looked like a 3rd grader in a Steve Harvey suit.

I #*+%!%+ to dood about how terrible the sizing was, and he insisted that it fit "perfect", and that the 7 blazers I had at home that were 42 reg and 44 reg from my tailor (who's been making suits and tailoring his entire life) were "terribly sized"....I told them to order the 42R....After I explained that a "break" was pant length.....

indifferent.gif

Preach!! After looking at all my prom pics, I really noticed that my suit was oversized and way too boxey. I swear tailors these days have never looked intorecent styles. I'm a 40 regular, but she sized me up for a 44
indifferent.gif
. Had me looking like Choppa on some zoot suit %#+.

Oh yeah, my recommendation is to buy one, I think I dished a little over 100 for my rental and I found a better one OTR at Syms for $150

And stay away from patent leather shoes and cumberbunds!!

Back
Top Bottom