Another Vehicle Purchase Thread

My man said this like it was a loss. Nice pickup op, was eyeing a tl-sh a while back but they just seem so bulky.
I love TLs but I must admit that Honda has an identity crisis when it comes to their Acura "Luxury" vehicles.

I believe only Toyota has gotten it right with Lexus.

Still wanted the AWD TL but had to compromise on stuff like MPG on stop and go and trunk space. Love that is smoother and tech upgrades though.

Last edited:
The TL is a great choice, my second choice would have been the GS. If you drive a lot, you should look into a extended warranty. 

TL 
pimp.gif

welcome to the club you'll love it!

The TL is a great choice, my second choice would have been the GS. If you drive a lot, you should look into a extended warranty. 
the problem with extended warranty is that you have a cap of 120k miles and there's nothing that is going to happen to the power train in that amount of miles.

That's thru Acuracare which I know is not going to go away. Any reason why would you suggest warranty? Open to opinions ...

I need to make a thread, I am in search for a new used car. Either going with a bimmer, camry, or accord. 

the problem with extended warranty is that you have a cap of 120k miles and there's nothing that is going to happen to the power train in that amount of miles.

That's thru Acuracare which I know is not going to go away. Any reason why would you suggest warranty? Open to opinions ...
To me its piece of mind, I buy brand new vehicles and put anywhere from 20-30k on them a year. I blow thru factory warranties in 2 years, with 3yrs still left on a loan the last thing I want to do is fork out for a big repair while also having a car payment. And if i decide to get rid of the vehicle before the extended warranty is up, I get $ back for what time/mileage is left on it.

I had a 2007 Lexus IS250, had about 55-60K miles and it started really hard and thru a check engine light. The light went away the same day, I decided to take it in anyways. Don't remember exactly what was wrong, something with the valves on one of the heads. They ended up rebuilding the valve train, the bill was about $2500 and it was covered by the extended warranty. About a year later the car was totaled and I got back a couple hundred dollars from what was left on the extended warranty.

That would suck and you never know what's going to happen but I'll take my chances.

Never been let down by a TL yet.

I have a friend that every 6 to 7 months he goes to the dealer to completion about something ... He makes **** up for free diagnostics and preventive maintenance. LoL

I'm not going to lie but I'm taking this one soon and ask for a diagnostic ...

Congrats on the TL.

Man, I really didn't want to get another car until '16 or '17, but two of my friends just got new rides and now I'm feenin' to join them. :lol:

I had found a CPO MB C250 Coupe with approx 9k miles for $31k. I'm just hoping it sells soon because if it's still there in 2 weeks I'm gonna be in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom