Any 07-08 G35 (V36) or IS250 owners up? Vol. bout dat bucket life

Thinking about copping one of the two but would like feedback from the owners, dont want to be about that bucket life anymore. 

Going to a couple of dealerships tomorrow to test out each. I really like the 07-08 G35 (V36) sedan. Its got the same VQ from the 350z so there are plenty of aftermarket parts for it, similar chassis to the older models so again there are plenty of parts. But ive heard that the depreciation for the g35 is high. The IS has a nice exterior with plenty of aftermarket support and havent heard anything bad about the 4GR V6 but Ive never messed with a lexus/toyota. 

also post some  pics or w/e of your car

I had an 07 IS250 AWD smokey granite mica for 4 years, so here is a run down of the pros and con's I could come up with

Pros
-Decent gas mileage
-Comfortable seats
-Quality materials (woods, leathers, plastics)
-Looks good
-Handles well
-same body style for a i believe 6 years now.
-AFS xenons

Cons
-Car gets knocked out of alignment very easily
-super cramped (the 3000gt I owned had far more room in the front than this car) I'm 6'0 tall, had decent leg room, but shoulder rooms is an issue as is head room.
-Had a bunch of recalls which was time wasted dealing with the dealer, exhaust system, engine issues. (everything covered under warranty)
-a little sluggish (I had the AWD so thats possibly why)
-I found that the AC wasn't that great.
-amound of breakdust on the front tires is ridiculous
-even though the plastics for the dash felt good, there was a problem with rattling coming from the plastic.
they eventually had to put some sort of padding under the dash to prevent the rattling.

Hope that helps

I dont know how tall you are, but I've driven the current gen 250/350 and could barely fit. It was a car i was considering buying in the future but after actually getting behind the wheel, not happening. Ridiculously cramped.

G35 I had plenty of room. The entire cluster moves up so thats very nice. Ive only driven the coupe, that was a fun car to drive, totally different than the IS though. Much more effort required in the handling and steering, much stiffer ride obviously. I found it a lot more fun to drive in short spurts.

In general you cant go wrong with Lexus/Toyota though. Just find one thats been well maintained (a lot of people dont really look after the cars mechanically as a result of their known reliability - which results in a lack of upkeep) and youll be good to go.

I noticed you said you like the 07-08 g35.  Good friend of mine has one, he likes it but said he would never buy another infiniti.  The interior feels much cheaper than the Lexus.  Much more performance from the g35 than the is250 unless you go up to the is350.
Lexus feels much more solid (if you open and close the doors of both cars you'll see what I mean) the doors on the IS are very heavy and the G35's are light.   The IS has a much more quiet ride.   The G35 gives you more for your money (and more head room) but overall the car feels cheaper.    

Im average height
nerd.gif
... and yea I like the g35 (V36) interior more then the IS but I like the exterior of the IS, and handling and confort wont be much of a problem since I plan to slam the bish on coilovers

trethousandgt - can you post a list of the recalls when you get a chance, might use that to lower the price. Im considering the AWD for trips up-north but it really doesnt matter since it only rains in south florida.

is the insurance high ? Im also going to be shopping for quotes tomorrow, any company you guys recommend?

didnt do much besides the silvia front

and the hatch before that (civic also mine)

will be copping a hatch again to take to the track once I payoff half the car 

trethousandgt wrote:
I noticed you said you like the 07-08 g35.  Good friend of mine has one, he likes it but said he would never buy another infiniti.  The interior feels much cheaper than the Lexus.  Much more performance from the g35 than the is250 unless you go up to the is350.
Lexus feels much more solid (if you open and close the doors of both cars you'll see what I mean) the doors on the IS are very heavy and the G35's are light.   The IS has a much more quiet ride.   The G35 gives you more for your money (and more head room) but overall the car feels cheaper.    

is the interior that bad?, will check it out tomorrow

08 G35x Owner, minus the excess rattles, and horrible gas mileage, I have no complaints. 

if I had the cash for a 335i, maybe 
Pitman13 wrote:
08 G35x Owner, minus the excess rattles, and horrible gas mileage, I have no complaints. 

how bad is the gas mileage? I read most is around 22 mpg

Lexus is better in terms of everything but performance. Buddy has a G35, it's nice but imo not a car that will survive the times like the IS

OP  heres what you can take with you regarding the IS, i dont know if that will give you any leverage but, in the event you do buy the IS, it will help make sure all recalls have been done on the car.  I'm pretty certain there were two other recalls but I have to look into it a little further as I no longer have my older service records.  

The g35 interior is not horrific, but its definitely not as plush as the IS.  The Lexus is definitely more refined with better quality materials.  When you get into the car you'll notice how heavy that door is (I did), the car just feels far more solid than the G35.

If u want the IS250 meaning u dont care about speed get the IS250 than. The IS350 is very fast. The G35 is cheap inside the leather cracks quick, like every little detail doesnt compare to the IS... The IS doors are not a problem.. doors close on their own with a little push. the Interior is better, the handling is better, the ride is much smoother than the 07 g35, the car overall looks better than the g35, especially when its modded and done right.... There are just alot of cool little details to it... G35 is still nice car. Just not on the level to be compared to Lexus.... But IS350>

218156d1312256535-pic-of-your-car-right-now-usb-2011.jpg
223625_228121833893581_100000872993119_616489_3455798_n.jpg
270040_228121507226947_100000872993119_616482_7320574_n.jpg
188209_228121673893597_100000872993119_616486_2568123_n.jpg
lexus9.jpg
lexus8.jpg
lexus6.jpg
lexus3.jpg

Infiniti wise might be on another level, but if you want something a little larger and 4door, i'd recommend the M35/45 (around the same price range)

mines btw
6002594560_4fe5a827a6_z.jpg

interior is mad plush, (Lex's leather is a tad bit thicker and stronger)
6002048213_5868cb1d06_z.jpg

hella headroom and legroom, especially for the rear passengers

6002048851_7ec28281a9_z.jpg

^thats with the seat almost all the way back

just a lil suggestion.
happy.gif

coppin a e90 for modding while this is for cruising/family.

Do u really need backseats though? U can fit people there.. its not its 2 adults cant fit there... maybe cuz im 5'7 .. idk..

Back
Top Bottom