Any Anthropology Majors?

cz7

Anybody studying/studied Anthropology? How do you like it? Advice? etc.

I took an Anthro class last semester and I liked it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i took a lot of archeology classes (part of the anthro department) and they were some of my favorites

however, if you arent planning on going to any form of graduate school or dont go to a top school where employers dont care about your major, i would look intosomething else

^ Cosign

I loved taking archaeology classes during college but Anthropology is my heart.
But that wouldn't fly in my household so I majored in Business.

As stated if you aren't getting advanced degree's in which you could become a professor or a researcher.
It will be hard getting a lucrative job but if you are just genuinely interested and don't care about money you could always get a job with stategoverment.

In high school I had an intership with the department of parks and planning working with archaeologists and I could have gotten that job with a four yeardegree. But money...

BTW which aspect of Anthropology are you interested in?
I am more interested in human evolution, race and genetics.

It's a broad major that covers a lot.

^, I'm mostly interested in physical anthro
Because this is such a broad major, couldn't I take it and apply it to a alot of different fields, like ones that make alot of money? I don'tnecessarily have to become an "anthropologist"

My girlfriend is an anthro and dance double major. Anthro is very interesting. I've been helping her with homework for her summer class, and even I find itintriguing. The class I'm helping her deals with gender. Pretty cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom