Any Cable/Satellite installers on NT?

I just started working for Dish Network and am currently training and im trying to retain all the knowledge being thrown at us.
The instructor is real cool/laidback at times but, there's lot of stuff to learn.

My questions are,
-How hard is it to actually get into the field and get used to doing the installations daily without help?
-What are some tips on daily routines?

Ive been out of work since August, so any job that was paying half of what i was making at my last job i jumped on.
i gotta say tho, clocking in at work again daily
Spoiler [+]
1226621833105gi1.png.ban%20

I just started working for Dish Network and am currently training and im trying to retain all the knowledge being thrown at us.
The instructor is real cool/laidback at times but, there's lot of stuff to learn.

My questions are,
-How hard is it to actually get into the field and get used to doing the installations daily without help?

Ive been out of work since August, so any job that was paying half of what i was making at my last job i jumped on.
Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

My questions are,

Spoiler [+]
Becomes like clock work once you get a hang of it. You'll run into the daily customer who doesn't know anything or who wont show for an appointment, which will make you late to other appointments. 
Cabling is easy to learn, learning how to cut, install, and run the wiring thru and around the house is tough but you'll get accustomed to the environment.

Experiences:

Installed my DishNetwork and worked as a cabler while in High school.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

My questions are,

Spoiler [+]
Becomes like clock work once you get a hang of it. You'll run into the daily customer who doesn't know anything or who wont show for an appointment, which will make you late to other appointments. 
Cabling is easy to learn, learning how to cut, install, and run the wiring thru and around the house is tough but you'll get accustomed to the environment.

Experiences:

Installed my DishNetwork and worked as a cabler while in High school.

Never worked for DN or any cable co but I've installed dishes before learning from the internet, back in the days when DN was hackable. Not really hard to figure out. You'll learn the most once you physically attempt an install.

Never worked for DN or any cable co but I've installed dishes before learning from the internet, back in the days when DN was hackable. Not really hard to figure out. You'll learn the most once you physically attempt an install.

Ive worked for dish network as an inside tech for about a year..they should start you off with small jobs, 1+2 room installations to let you get the hang of it (well at least that's what they did with us) but you learn and progress as you go. and if you need help you can always call your peers or managers and ask for help.

with this job the 28ft is gonna be used ALMOST daily..follow the simple rules they tell you and you'll be fine. after awhile being on a ladder will be nothing.

lmk if you have other questions. best of luck to you OP

Ive worked for dish network as an inside tech for about a year..they should start you off with small jobs, 1+2 room installations to let you get the hang of it (well at least that's what they did with us) but you learn and progress as you go. and if you need help you can always call your peers or managers and ask for help.

with this job the 28ft is gonna be used ALMOST daily..follow the simple rules they tell you and you'll be fine. after awhile being on a ladder will be nothing.

lmk if you have other questions. best of luck to you OP

Ive been a Comcast cable installer for about 6 years now. Its second nature now. climbing ladders and stuff like that. you will be in all types of homes. from the clean to the nasty. not sure where you area at but I work in oakland. All i can say is that I have seen it all. lol

Ive been a Comcast cable installer for about 6 years now. Its second nature now. climbing ladders and stuff like that. you will be in all types of homes. from the clean to the nasty. not sure where you area at but I work in oakland. All i can say is that I have seen it all. lol

thanks for the input i really appreciate it,

akademikgenius- pretty much everyone within the company is telling me the same, so thats a good thing. our instructor had us climb the 40 ft. ladder today and that was nerve racking but, i got over it so 28 ft. should be able to get used to it easily

durty pancakes- so far theyre starting me off at $18/hour, and we get incentives for good jobs etc. and from what im told in a couple months we get a 10% raise(crosses fingers)

minus28- Ive pretty much seen it all as well, my prior job was installing P.G&E S.mart meters and we covered Antioch to Oakland.That job was really interesting. For Dish im goin to be working out of Benicia tho. So not too much city driving but, windy valleys and suburb areas.

thanks for the input i really appreciate it,

akademikgenius- pretty much everyone within the company is telling me the same, so thats a good thing. our instructor had us climb the 40 ft. ladder today and that was nerve racking but, i got over it so 28 ft. should be able to get used to it easily

durty pancakes- so far theyre starting me off at $18/hour, and we get incentives for good jobs etc. and from what im told in a couple months we get a 10% raise(crosses fingers)

minus28- Ive pretty much seen it all as well, my prior job was installing P.G&E S.mart meters and we covered Antioch to Oakland.That job was really interesting. For Dish im goin to be working out of Benicia tho. So not too much city driving but, windy valleys and suburb areas.

Back
Top Bottom