Any current/incoming University of Oregon students?

nerd.gif

I'll be heading up in the fall from the Bay Area, just wanted to see whatsup.

yea, there's a few of us up here.

my word of advice is stay away from a friendly asian man named PTrakarn
laugh.gif
jk

hit me up if you have any questions though about the school/city/whatever

haha as jeff said, there are quite a few of us here
I've only met like 2 or 3 so far though, but this is my first year here after transferring from PSU
but yeah if you need any help or gots any questions just hit me up

Do you guys like the university? I'm only a sophmore in HS, but def will look at goin to U of O. Also, how far away is it from Beaverton?

it's not too bad
sometimes eugenes can get old, but the school itself is chill
it's a 2 hour drive on average.... i make that drive almost every weekend >L<<br /> what school do you go to?

Cool, sounds like theres a handful of NTers up there. Any of you guys know this Chinese guy named....Eugene
laugh.gif
?

Also got a couple questions for you guys...

Is it relatively easy getting tickets to sporting events?
How are the intramural sports?
Is there a lot going on during the weekends, specifically if I'm not the type to go out and party every night? Also, is it easy to take the train or bus upto Portland for a day?
Any advice about the do's and don'ts for freshman year in general?

Is it relatively easy getting tickets to sporting events?

Yes it is. They do it online now. You just gotta be on your computer at the time they release them and you'll have no problems. I never have had anytrouble.

How are the intramural sports?

They're fun, I played Flag Football and Basketball last year, and just Basketball this year. My only problem is you only play 1 game per week, it'spretty lame in that regard..but when you play it's fun.

Is there a lot going on during the weekends, specifically if I'm not the type to go out and party every night?

You'll find plenty to do...there's just about anything any other city would have as far as "weekend activities" just depends what yourinterests are, a lot of people do party though, just like any other college town

Also, is it easy to take the train or bus up to Portland for a day?

Never done it because I have a car, but I know people who've taken it up there to go to the airport. Not sure it would be worth the hassle to go up justfor the day by bus/train...chances are you're going to meet a lot of friends from Portland and would have opportunities to hitch rides with them.

Any advice about the do's and don'ts for freshman year in general?

I would say just make sure you get involved, be social, start meeting people...whatever you're going to college for there's going to be groups/clubsand that sort of thing...so just get active and involved, it's a great way to meet people with the same interests as you.

Don't overpack clothes/shoes if you're living in a double dorm room, there's not going to be much space...half the year you're going to bewearing a north face and beater shoes anyway.

good lookin out on the info, sounds like theres more than enough stuff to keep me busy

if anyone is in the industrial design program get at me

Originally Posted by DNeou20

it's not too bad
sometimes eugenes can get old, but the school itself is chill
it's a 2 hour drive on average.... i make that drive almost every weekend >L<<br /> what school do you go to?

Archbishop Murphy....its north of Seattle.

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

blue scholars here later tonite
pimp.gif
did you catch that? That +%+@ was crazy, so many people on the lawn

OP yeah, class of 2009

yeah man... was dope, had a great grill sesh since 5, rolled there deep and was faded as hell. even had a few l's passed around
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

great nite, great weekend...

i'm looking for a place to stay over the summer while i'm enrolled for classes...
nerd.gif
whats up.

I'm a freshmen and I came here from Oakland. Eugene is NOTHING like Oakland so it took a while to adjust to living here and people from Portland are verydifferent than people form home (not worse or better, just different). Overall i've enjoyed my first year

^ Word, I've lived in San Jose all my life and lived in Berkeley last summer...definitely different settings but good to hear adjusting doesn't seem tobe a problem.

Back
Top Bottom