Any family members join the military?

My brother graduated high school and was being a computer nerd so i told him he should grow up. I suggested him join the Navy or Marines, he left for boot campyesterday and its only day 2 i am starting to miss him. I had these bad feelings what would happen if he died in service and my parents would know it's myfault that he join the forces. I kinda regret and other hand i am proud of him defending this great country. If you have a story to share please.

Not your choice ultimately. Sister is in the air force with a year and a half and she cant wait to get the %+*% out

Father is a senior chief in the Navy -- 32 years
3 other brothers in the Navy in addition to myself, with a stepbrother in Army. Don't worry about him man, God will watch over him. I did a tour of dutyand am greatful to have signed up. Our military is probably the best trained military in the world, we look out for each other
pimp.gif

My grandfather and uncles (my mom's side of the family) all were in the Air Force.
My older brother is in the Air Force currently.

Which did he join?

My brother just got out of the Marines, btw. If your brother is going to their boot camp, then he'll probably be abused (not trying to scare you though).

Brother left home and joined the Navy at age 17. He's 26 now and he can't wait to get out. Haha.

My dad's retired navy, 20 years. My brother is in the navy currently. also my sister is in the army. the week after next ill be going to meps (join thenavy).
pimp.gif

I was in the Navy from 2003-2007 and still a reservist as we speak. I respect the military more than I ever did at first and I'm grateful for theexperiences I've had to meet people and go places I would never have been to before.

Your brother will be alright. Boot camp is actually very memorable and you bond with the people in your division because you think pre-maturely that this is sohard when in fact it's not. Your brother will grow as a person and become a wiser person. Respect~

Two cousins both in Iraq right now
tired.gif

I'm proud of both of them though
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by BG BabyGlock26

Im a Navy Seal
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

I find it hard to picture a Navy Seal wearing anything other than combat boots, just can't see the ultimate bada%% in a pair of Jordans or something

one friend joined back in 06 and dude got killed in a roadside bomb

another friend joined the marines and got his leg messed up by a bomb

Navy is by far the safest route

Moms retired army 24 years
Bro been in bout 3, in Korea, Im prayin he stay away from the war.

my dad retired from the navy as a master chief after serving 21 years. both my brothers leave for boot camp in janurary for the air force. i also have 2cousines and 1 uncle in the army. i was also in the army.

My twin brother joined the army while I was at college. He was deployed to Iraq a few years ago, but has returned and is back in school. It was definitely notan easy time.

my mom used to be in the army..and my dad is in the army reserve..he went to desert storm and afghanistan..right now he's deployed again for a year..buthe's in some other state..forgot which one..one of my uncles was in the army, my step sister was in the army..had a few cousins go in

Today I went to the Navy recruiting office and took the practice ASVAB and stuff. I plan on leaving in May or June for bootcamp.

Back
Top Bottom