Any Lawyers In The Building Or Been Through This Situation?

What up,

Long story short.....my wife and I are looking to change her sons last name to mine. She had him from a previous relationship and the father has been absent for 10 years....Since he was 3, Ive been taking care of him.

We just got married and want to change his last name to mine.....could we just go down and change it? Or is there some type of legal issues that need to be ironed out first?

Also,

We are going on a cruise in December and not sure if this will pose a problem since his last name is different from everybody else on the passport.

In NY by the way.

*waits for the jokes*

Whoever can come up with the best one, I'll PayPal you $2

he needs to have the same last name or else he is not going on the cruise. the cruise lines are very strict about this, i would suggest giving them a call to find out more information about customs policy.

he needs to have the same last name or else he is not going on the cruise. the cruise lines are very strict about this, i would suggest giving them a call to find out more information about customs policy.

Good looks......I figured this would be an issue.

Im amazed that a dead beat prick of a sperm donor can have the power to not let us change his last name.

I was just reading that you have to go through this whole adoption process with the courts and crap :smh:

Back
Top Bottom