Any Lawyers or people well versed in landlord / tenant disputes?

First I rent a 2 bed/ 2 bath in California.

I live with a girl that I dated for a little bit, but we no longer go out. I been with my current girl since May. My roommate gets mad because my currentgirlfriend comes over (probably b/c of jealousy). If my girl and I are watching tv, my roommate used to blast her stereo, leave her door open and take ashower. All of the so we couldn't hear the tv. Neighbor finally complained abt her room noise and now she doesn't do that anymore. She used to run theAC and leave her lights on when no one was home just to piss me off. She tried shorting me on her half of utilites but I caught it twice.

Now she's not paying her share of utilities because my girl comes over 2 or 3 times a week. Thing is my girl is only in my room when she's over. I wentto the landlord and told her to break the lease after my roommate didn't pay her utilities. So I'm moving. If my roommate moves, we are responsible forevery month remaining on the lease plus the specials we got earlier (approx $6000). If my roommate gets another roommate then no problems

My roommate says she's suing me for any money she's out. Am I in real danger here?

Tough situation home girl is bitter Fortunately she may be smart enough to realize if she does something dumb shell be coming out of pocket

before you move try and find a replacement to take over your half

everything would be determined on how your initial lease was structured.
verbal agreements are a pain to prove in a court of law

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Tough situation home girl is bitter Fortunately she may be smart enough to realize if she does something dumb shell be coming out of pocket

before you move try and find a replacement to take over your half
I would say that this would be the best thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom