Any Miami/NY/Cali heads remember Freestyle (not rap) music from the late 80's-mid 90's?

I know this is a shot in the dark, but someone on this board must have listened to Freestyle back in the day...?

Ya. All my cousins used to listen to it back in the days. It rubbed off on me a lil. It was coo.

Angelina, Stevie b, johnnie, lil suzy, Jocelyn enriquez. Those are off the top of my head.

Edit* dam Ive NEVER seen one of these threads on NT before.
laugh.gif

i've been wanting to make a thread like this
laugh.gif

freestyle is appreciated...dj epic/dj gyrl mixtapes were clean. only time i ever hear freestyle now is at cotillions for chachas
laugh.gif

Thank God I'm not the only one? LOL. Yeah back in the day, Freestyle was pretty dope. I was really into Collage, Chris Phillips, Stevie B., Buffy, Tazmania& Metropolitan Records. Glad to know Freestyle is appreciated still all these years since it fell off! We need to get some videos up in here.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Yo, I honestly thought that was a Bay Area thing for some reason.

I believe it started in Miami. They still have concerts in Miami and New York, and Canada had a pretty big Freestyle scene for a while. I'm up in SantaRosa, and used to have to take the bus up to SF or SJ when new Freestyle tapes and CDs came out. I was like 14 when I started listening to it back in '94.Damn I'm old!

Before Hot 97 became "Where Hip Hop Lives", this is what they mostly played.

My wife still listens to a lot of that stuff, but thank god those days are gone.

Did Coro ever officially come out the closet?

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Before Hot 97 became "Where Hip Hop Lives", this is what they mostly played.

My wife still listens to a lot of that stuff, but thank god those days are gone.

Did Coro ever officially come out the closet?

I think with that video, the closet door is wiiiiide open.

Back
Top Bottom