Any Minimalist NTer's? If so...

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

You live like a terrorist.
roll.gif

My dude listed his whole manifesto, but you shut that RIGHT down.
laugh.gif

ive been trying to live a simpler lifestyle...less crap around my room. thats all us americans do, life in america is honestly a race to see how much meaningless crap we can acquire before we die and pass said crap on to our children...all i need is a computer some clothes food and a bed and id be set

ive been trying to live a simpler lifestyle...less crap around my room. thats all us americans do, life in america is honestly a race to see how much meaningless crap we can acquire before we die and pass said crap on to our children...all i need is a computer some clothes food and a bed and id be set

Originally Posted by nealraj006

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:
Books are a disaster man 
laugh.gif

Thank God my mom bought me a Kindle for my birthday.
I was originally against it as well, but after you start using one you realize how much more convenient and efficient it is.

haha ok guy, when you and your brother are 45 years old im sure you'll be sharing memories of that snes that you had when you were little kids thanking each other you decided not to give it away. I'm sure if its still working 30 years later you'll both want to enjoy a game of Mario, that is if the T.v still has the old technology capable of playing it.BTW you should keep an old T.v just for that reason.
laugh.gif
 You sound like a hoarder .

You're lack of sentimentality is gonna lead to a midlife crisis.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:
Books are a disaster man 
laugh.gif

Thank God my mom bought me a Kindle for my birthday.
I was originally against it as well, but after you start using one you realize how much more convenient and efficient it is.

haha ok guy, when you and your brother are 45 years old im sure you'll be sharing memories of that snes that you had when you were little kids thanking each other you decided not to give it away. I'm sure if its still working 30 years later you'll both want to enjoy a game of Mario, that is if the T.v still has the old technology capable of playing it.BTW you should keep an old T.v just for that reason.
laugh.gif
 You sound like a hoarder .

You're lack of sentimentality is gonna lead to a midlife crisis.

Originally Posted by ABC

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

I've been applying this principal when grocery shopping. The benefits are rarely having to freeze meat, and I almost never throw anything out. I figure Im saving at least $30 a month. 

Frugality... also good
Looks like you missed the point. It's not about being frugal, but more so about not wasting food. 

Originally Posted by ABC

I've been applying this principal when grocery shopping. The benefits are rarely having to freeze meat, and I almost never throw anything out. I figure Im saving at least $30 a month. 

Frugality... also good
Looks like you missed the point. It's not about being frugal, but more so about not wasting food. 

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I've been applying this principal when grocery shopping. The benefits are rarely having to freeze meat, and I almost never throw anything out. I figure Im saving at least $30 a month. As for decorating. I insist on having very little in my bedroom. I need a clean, well organized space so my mind can rest.
The minimalist trait in me say, make one trip to the grocery store a month or if you can go LONGER than that. So you would buy all the meat that is on sale to cover you for months and months. Freezing seems essential. But others see minimalist as buying only what you need every trip, so you in turn use 10 times as much gas.

Thus I think most can agree, why even have this as a term when it really can mean ANYTHING.
It's as interpretative as The Catcher in the Rye, but why the hell would you buy food once a month? Freshness is imperative to good health.
Who sad you had to drive to go grocery shopping? You can walk there especially if your only picking up a few items for that nights meal. Because of technology many of us think that you need to store your fridge and stock your cabinets with food, but what if you prepared food daily, and leftovers were ate for lunch or the next meal. Why stock your fridge full of frozen foods? Why stock the cabinets full of snacks ? Why keep loads of junk in your house? I dunno, i believe that the definition is pretty cut in dry for being a minimalist. Yea its cool having a T.v but why have 4 T.v's littered around your house? Whatever live your life the way you want to. Like John Keynes says : "In the long run we are all dead"
I do all the cooking in my house and I prefer fresh meat. When we use to make our monthly trip to costco, we would end up throwing food out all the time because it sat in the freezer. Making a weekly trip to the grocery store can be incorporated in one's daily commute so it add's very little net fuel usage. So really the point is how one uses his/her resources for their particular situation. 
And yes Wally, OP never defined what "minimalist / minimalism" is so people are throwing out a bunch of wild pitches.

Sidebar: Dude who posted a pic of his room. Please take a trip to target / the container store / ikea and organize all that junk. My dude you have a hella expensive computer but your room is hot grabage. At least do it for the ladies. 

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I've been applying this principal when grocery shopping. The benefits are rarely having to freeze meat, and I almost never throw anything out. I figure Im saving at least $30 a month. As for decorating. I insist on having very little in my bedroom. I need a clean, well organized space so my mind can rest.
The minimalist trait in me say, make one trip to the grocery store a month or if you can go LONGER than that. So you would buy all the meat that is on sale to cover you for months and months. Freezing seems essential. But others see minimalist as buying only what you need every trip, so you in turn use 10 times as much gas.

Thus I think most can agree, why even have this as a term when it really can mean ANYTHING.
It's as interpretative as The Catcher in the Rye, but why the hell would you buy food once a month? Freshness is imperative to good health.
Who sad you had to drive to go grocery shopping? You can walk there especially if your only picking up a few items for that nights meal. Because of technology many of us think that you need to store your fridge and stock your cabinets with food, but what if you prepared food daily, and leftovers were ate for lunch or the next meal. Why stock your fridge full of frozen foods? Why stock the cabinets full of snacks ? Why keep loads of junk in your house? I dunno, i believe that the definition is pretty cut in dry for being a minimalist. Yea its cool having a T.v but why have 4 T.v's littered around your house? Whatever live your life the way you want to. Like John Keynes says : "In the long run we are all dead"
I do all the cooking in my house and I prefer fresh meat. When we use to make our monthly trip to costco, we would end up throwing food out all the time because it sat in the freezer. Making a weekly trip to the grocery store can be incorporated in one's daily commute so it add's very little net fuel usage. So really the point is how one uses his/her resources for their particular situation. 
And yes Wally, OP never defined what "minimalist / minimalism" is so people are throwing out a bunch of wild pitches.

Sidebar: Dude who posted a pic of his room. Please take a trip to target / the container store / ikea and organize all that junk. My dude you have a hella expensive computer but your room is hot grabage. At least do it for the ladies. 

Back
Top Bottom