Any ""NIKE BASKETBALL SHOE"" available in the market with the same sole rubber as the Jordan 14's

This is a mix thread question. Not too sure where this goes. So mods move accordingly.

Like the title states, are there any "NIKE" basketball shoes available in the market that uses the same material ( rubber) for the sole as the Jordan14 do.

I'm starting to play basketball again. It's been a 8 year hiatus and back to business (college got in the way). I'm also joining a league aroundmy area soon. Recently I've been training getting my lungs back in control. I've always love the 14's due mainly because of the sole and anklesupport. I play point (who doesn't right?) So the shoe is fitting for my style. Even when the court is dusty, the 14's allow you to stop on a dime andpass out dimes.

So with that being said, I've tried gum rubber shoes, and shoes with tight herringbone patterns. All good but not great. Overall, for me, I need a pair ofNEW "NIKE" (not jordan brand) basketball shoes [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Price[/color] is definitely a mainconsideration (not into spending much on shoes as much anymore) hence the reason why I don't want to purchase another pair of new 14's. I alsodon't want to buy a pair of used shoes.

Thanks and have a great day.

I'm a former NIKE Basketball employee, and I'm playing in leagues now, so I think I can help.
The Air Jordan XIV featured a solid rubber outsole with a herringbone design, much like the vast majority of all NIKE and Brand Jordan basketball footwear.
If you want an inexpensive product with similar court feel, try the Zoom Kobe Trainer on eastbay.com.
The both feature a leather upper, good ankle support, zoom cushioning, herringbone solid rubber outsole, and they're on sale.
I recently bought a pair of these, and they are possibly the lightest, most comfortable, responsive shoe I've ever played in (better than my previousfavorites, The Air Zoom Drive and Air Maestro).

[table][tr][td]

Nike Men's Kobe Trainer

$99.99
Now $59.99
[/td] [/tr][/table]
cwkjr@hotmail.com

Nike Men's Kobe Trainer

$99.99
Now $59.99

Hey bud, the thing with the 14s is that the traction is great out of the box because the outsole was almost entirely cross-herringbone and the rubber wasexposed.

Most basketball shoes now have outsoles that have textile patterns on the rubber that you have to wear out before the traction really starts to work in yourfavour.

With that being said you gotta go out and try on the shoes cuz not everyone has the same foot. Since you liked the 14s, look for something that has zoom in theheel and the forefoot which also has a really supportive midfoot shank/plate.

I might be a bit biased but this shoe has worked beautifully for me for quite a while now. But I would recommend you the huarache 64, it's quite hard tofind now. The traction is almost all cross-herringbone (it kinda looks like a modified outsole of the 2k4s) the dots in the forefoot that look like they giveno traction at all actually give you quite the grip on the court. I'd like to mention the stability the shoes give as well, you'll probably like thewide base that the huarache 64 gives you because you're less likely to roll your ankle on a hard cut. This shoe has awesome heel-to-toe transition, themax air in the heel provides the cushioning on heel strike and the zoom air in the forefoot lets you feel the court a bit better just like the 14s. Ontop ofthe cushioning units the insole is the same one used in the 2k4s, it has 2 anti-shock pads (one in the heel and one in the forefoot area). The upper lets youcustomize your lacing so if you like the lockdown fit in the forefoot you can lace through the wider eyelets.

Traction: 9/10
Cushioning: 8.5/10
Support: 8/10
Ankle protection: 8/10
Court feel: 9/10

hope this helps bro!

what is it about the 14s? like what made the rubber different... i know what u mean i just wanna know whats different about it...

and it was crazy... the rubber was smooth as hell but not slippery...

i don't know why they do it, but i think it might be because the rubber oxides faster without the textile patterning of the outsole (which they do now)

when rubber oxidizes, it turns kinda plasticky, giving no grip.. you might see this with shoes you play outdoor, or a pair of shoes that has been in contactwith water quite a bit

^^hey rwli7787 thanks a lot for the info^^

Thanks everyone so far for the feedback.

I think the word around here is that the Kobe trainers are at the outlets so the next time I'm at one I'll check them out.

Hey you should look into getting some of the xivs from the countdown pack. A lot of people are trying to get rid of theirs. Most people only wanted the 9s. Ihave seen some of the xivs from the pack go for around 100 on Niketalk. I don't know if 100 is still considered too expensive.

Originally Posted by gopowergoh

Hey you should look into getting some of the xivs from the countdown pack. A lot of people are trying to get rid of theirs. Most people only wanted the 9s. I have seen some of the xivs from the pack go for around 100 on Niketalk. I don't know if 100 is still considered too expensive.

the retro XIV's do not do the OG's justice. traction, fit, and overall feel aren't as good. To the thread starter, I think you'll like thezoom bb's (first ones), you can find them for about $70, maybe less.

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

Hey you should look into getting some of the xivs from the countdown pack. A lot of people are trying to get rid of theirs. Most people only wanted the 9s. I have seen some of the xivs from the pack go for around 100 on Niketalk. I don't know if 100 is still considered too expensive.

the retro XIV's do not do the OG's justice. traction, fit, and overall feel aren't as good. To the thread starter, I think you'll like the zoom bb's (first ones), you can find them for about $70, maybe less.

i second that

Originally Posted by rwli7787

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

the retro XIV's do not do the OG's justice. traction, fit, and overall feel aren't as good. To the thread starter, I think you'll like the zoom bb's (first ones), you can find them for about $70, maybe less.

i second that

Third-ed.
I have some OG "Last Shots" that are still in my regular rotation (almost 10-years-old!) and in great condition - a testament to the quality that JBused to represent. I bought a fresh pair when they retroed and put them on ice for a bit. I recently tried the retroes on, looked down and took a couple ofsteps... then immediately put them back in the box and decided to eBay them. They are a completely different shoe - it is nowhere near the same shoe that theOG was in terms of quality, shape and construction.
I'm actually interested in the answer to imperialh8's question, too - as I have always been aware of the unusually superior traction/stickiness of theOG XIV. There's something special about the chemical compound that went into that rubber.

Back
Top Bottom