Any NT'er audiophiles? Need headphone / speaker recommendation

Getting more and more into my music so I'm trying to improve my stuff.

Looking for headphones that are less than 350

I listen to a lot of House so when the drop comes I would like to feel it but also wouldn't mind noise cancellation / isolation.

As far as speakers go I was looking at these http://www.amazon.com/Pol...id=1335865908&sr=8-5

Do they usually come with everything I need? I'd be using it primarily for gaming and television but would like to be able to hook it up to my laptop / phone for music occasionally. I can't find anything on wires / setting them up so I'm worried I might get them and not have everything I need or be clueless.

those speakers look like they suck.

for what you are doing and what you are into you would be better off getting a decent pair of bookshelf speakers and a receiver. definitive technology bookshelf plus marantz slimline avr would be a good start based off what you listen to...good bass and mid bass. that is going to run you a little over $1000 for that. and yeah you are going to have to drop on some cables.

as far as the headphones go, invest in a good pocket DAC...like nuforce or something like that, and any over the ear headphone, AKG, Audio Technica..or even Klipsch should be good.

the thing with the speakers is that the main use for it is gaming (xbox)

secondary would be television / my music. so if im not playing and i just wanna blast some house music i can enjoy it comfortably.

headphones i'm contemplating the sennheiser 600 or 650 after a little of my own research though its a little more pricey.

also please explain what cables i would need and why? i don't plan on getting any extras such as amps for the headphones. as everything is working and sets up with my television, laptop, etc I'm content.

Pair of decent bookshelf speakers + a receiver would be a start

If you're handy, look at the diy kits on madisound and partsexpress

Get some JBL in house speakers and a pioneer receiver and your in the game winning
Like miami vs. ny lol j/p

for starters, if you were to go with that polk audio system you would need..

1. receiver capable of 5.1 and you also probably want a front facing usb and rca cable to hook up your computer
2. hdmi cable for xbox (if you care about sound quality your gonna have to spend at min.. $40)
3. hdmi cable from receiver to tv...same as above
4. speaker wire... 16 gauge will do here, dont need to break the bank
5. banana clips for speaker wire
6. sub woofer cable
7. rca to 3.5mm to connect your computer to the receiver

but I would take a decent pair of bookshelf speakers over that polk 5.1 any day of the week. Energy CB-20's on a marantz slimline or pioneer elite receiver would kill that polk system. If you went with a new pioneer receiver you could do the airplay, im assuming you have a iphone or macbook, to your audio system.

i recommend against the senns 600/650 if you're into house/want noise isolation, those senns are both open so they leak/don't isolate.

look into ultrasone, beyerdynamic, denon, and other respected brands on head-fi.org. if you're really looking to spend 300+ i would also consider a good source, good quality files (320+kbps or FLAC/lossless), and perhaps even an amp.

honestly i would start at 100-200 price point if i were you, something like the M-50 or a senn hd25, or maybe dt770 (i don't like them tho).

I've had Klipsch S4 ear buds for a while and they have pretty good audio quality. They won't have monster bass but sound great. I think the S5i replaced them.

If you will never watch movies with it and only want it for music get a stereo reciever and some book shelf speakers.

Back
Top Bottom