Any NT'ers suffer from mental health disorders? (ADD / PTSD / OCD / ADHD / Social Anxiety / Autism /

What is social anxiety? I don't have any disorders but I think everyone has a small level of hypochondriasis, guarantee 5 people will call themselves OCD just because they tie their shoes a certain way or someone will admit to being phobic but they encounter their "phobia" in everyday life with no problems

Mild OCD thats about it. I aint like those dudes on true life touching door knobs. I just like ish neat.

I have ADD. Had to switch meds multiple times because nothing seemed to work right. I only needed it when I was in college and studying. I don't take it now. My girlfriend is very understanding about it and doesn't bug me when I space off or randomly start doing multiple things at once. Her grandmother thinks I'm being disrespectful, and I guess I am, but I try and can't help myself.

undiagnosed ADD? do u just think you have ADD? or.....

my guidance counselor pointed it out when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade but I never got any help for it. it's called the "predominantly inattentive" subtype. I exhibit the extreme distractibility, it's incredibly hard for me to focus if I haven't had cannabis that day, my short term memory has been **** since I was young. you can be talking straight to my face, I'll be watching you speak and not retain a single word of it. it's not constant but it's enough to where its problematic at times.

the difference between the subtype I may or may not have and the normally diagnosed ADD/ADHD is I don't exhibit the hyperactive part. I'm generally tired a lot of the time.

some of the symptoms I'm the complete opposite of. I love brain stretching activities and things that make me think. I love brain/hand work. but getting started is a chore.

social anxiety, depression/dysthymia, and undiagnosed ADD checking in.
damnn. you take medicine?

damn g i thought i was going through it...how do you deal?

I am off all medication by choice. my doctor was confident that I'm not a threat to myself or others so I don't "need" them. they were taking a serious toll on my health also.

I try to do things to keep me busy, hang out with my girl as much as possible, spend time with my daughter Wednesday through Sunday. then I have days to myself where I just chill and do whatever I feel at the time.

smoking herb generally takes care of all of my symptoms, although there are rare times where it will actually increase my anxiety or put me further into a hole. I am lucky to never have had a panic attack from cannabis.

I went to a concert a couple days ago and we toked on the way there and I was relaxed. if it weren't for that I don't know if I could have handled being surrounded by that many loud people for that long. it takes a major toll on me being around big groups for long period and I always need what I call recharge periods.

it sucks because some of my issues have gotten worse and I've lost a lot of friends over time because they think I'm ditching them or don't want to be around them. the ones who understand what I'm going through are still there for me so I'm good with that.

and I avoid ingesting heavy amounts of alcohol. a few shots every like 2 months is straight but no binge drinking, no getting completely blitzed... that's just bad news.

undiagnosed ADD? do u just think you have ADD? or.....
retract previous statement, do I have ADD? also i get tunnel vision and sweat heavy if im around a lot of people, whats that about?

Last edited by a moderator:
meds help, but it takes conditional and behavior reaction to get better.

avoid stimulants like energy drinks, and caffene and booze.

basically. watch what u eat.

When you THINK you have a mental disorder, your mind subconsciously reinforces that behavior = bad

Don't think. If those behaviors doesn't disrupt your activities of daily living you're normal.

Last edited:
Borderline Personality Disorder checking in.. with comorbid ADD/ ADHD, depression, general anxiety, addiction, etc

Weed helps but nothing really makes the symptoms go away, I'm crazy AF for the most part. I'm seemingly normal but if you were in my head you would be scared to death. I think it's likely because I'm adopted so I was in an orphanage/ foster care from birth til I was adopted at 3yo.

It supposedly gets better the older you get, so I'm just waiting it out. BPD has about a 10% suicide rate, which is ridiculously high if you think about it. My main problem/ the thing that will probably kill me is drug addiction, though.
tired.gif

Man I was just thinking of making this thread yesterday, but it was way too late in the night.

I've been suffering from some nerve wrecking social anxiety since last September and it's still a huge a problem for me. Any of you ever get so low that you get suicidal thoughts? For me it's been like that for the past few months and I've really been considering it. The reason is the fact that my condition is so debilitating to deal with every day that I just dont see the point in living like this for the rest of my life (unless I can be cured and live happily like I used to).

I'm a cutter, and was prescribed Abilify for psychosis back in '08, but stopped taking it after about 2 weeks cause I passed out at a pool party.

I was diagnosed with psychosis again about a month ago, but they wanted to put me back on Abilify so I said **** that.

Apparently the alarming thing to my psychologists/psychiatrists is that I don't see anything wrong with cutting myself. I really don't, though, and in fact it's a good thing in my life. Whenever i find myself slacking on my macking or simping in my pimping i put a blade to my forearms. Whenever I'm really stressed and feel like I'm in over my head, I slice up my forearms a bit. The only problem is the scarring and hiding it. There was a point where people would notice and I'd be like "Yea I cut myself, so what?" but it only freaked people out and made them act weird around me.

I haven't cut myself in a while because my girlfriend got on me about it, but I swear my life has been getting progressively worse since I stopped, and that's giving me that old craving again. When I cut myself alot throughout the day I tend to be really focused and on point. Cutting myself really helps me be a more responsible, less lazy, and all around better person, but it seems like everyone I know/love takes it really rough when they find out I do this thing that is not harmful and actually really good.

Man I was just thinking of making this thread yesterday, but it was way too late in the night.

I've been suffering from some nerve wrecking social anxiety since last September and it's still a huge a problem for me. Any of you ever get so low that you get suicidal thoughts? For me it's been like that for the past few months and I've really been considering it. The reason is the fact that my condition is so debilitating to deal with every day that I just dont see the point in living like this for the rest of my life (unless I can be cured and live happily like I used to).

I've felt like ending myself multiple times throughout my life, attempted a couple. the last time I made an attempt the gun jammed. that was about 5 years ago. I'm confident I'll never be 100% better, I can't say the same for you. I can't tell you how to manage what youre feeling but I encourage you to get help and if they suggest any medication RESEARCH FIRST.

I still occasionally get the same thoughts but I have no plans to act on them.

my kids mom used to cut, I know how that **** goes. I've never seen a guy say they do it though. is it like a release kind of feeling? or more a rush of good feelings?

**** Abilify :smh:

Self-harm is really serious, man. I used to cut and burn myself with cigarettes when I was around middle school age. I wanna tell you man to man that it self-injury really doesn't improve your life. It's like how people think that drugs help them. If you were truly happy, you wouldn't have to cut yourself so that you could be "a better person" (in your own words). Self-harm comes from the feeling of not having control of one's life, and some people cut so that they at least "own" their pain. At least that's how it was for me. In my head I would think, "Well you can take away everything, you can beat me up, you can play with my head but my pain is MINE." Messed up, right?

I really suggest that you seek help with an open mind. Hurting yourself usually stems from something more serious, and I promise that you'll be happier once you find out what that issue is and start working on it. Good luck, brother.

Cutting for me is more of a release and getting whatever you're stuck on off your mind. Like, if you're BS'ing or having thoughts of self-hatred stress or feeling overwhelmed and that's all your mind is fixated on, cutting really gets your mind off of it. Like, the pain is bearable even at high amounts, so it's just enough of a distraction to clear your mind and go "man, I was trippin. ah well, back to doing things that are actually important." I've never had a rush of good feelings, but I have felt good about myself for accomplishing something or being aware/conscious of not effing around and taking care of biz. Those times have been a direct result of cutting and it would reinforce how I feel like "Man cutting has really kept me on my game today." Also it's a good punishment, like if I know I'm effing up in life i'll cut myself and get my act together.

Self-harm is really serious, man. I used to cut and burn myself with cigarettes when I was around middle school age. I wanna tell you man to man that it self-injury really doesn't improve your life. It's like how people think that drugs help them. If you were truly happy, you wouldn't have to cut yourself so that you could be "a better person" (in your own words). Self-harm comes from the feeling of not having control of one's life, and some people cut so that they at least "own" their pain. At least that's how it was for me. In my head I would think, "Well you can take away everything, you can beat me up, you can play with my head but my pain is MINE." Messed up, right?

I really suggest that you seek help with an open mind. Hurting yourself usually stems from something more serious, and I promise that you'll be happier once you find out what that issue is and start working on it. Good luck, brother.

I feel you brah, but I guess I don't because this is what everyone I've ever known (mental health professionals included) come at me with when they find out I cut myself. I def cut to increase my own self-control which inturn increases my own control over my life, but I'm not trying to "own my pain." More or less, I'm like my own abusive dad feel me. Like, I do it to punish myself and it's def based in self hatred, but it's also out of wanting to improve and stop doing the things I do all the time. When I wanna get high, I could either get high or cut myself and do something constructive. Usually I would cut myself and do some work i've been meaning to get to or try and write a story, but since I've stopped I just get high. When I'm on nahright/nt/worldstar when I should be doing laundry or budgeting or paying bills, I would cut myself and get to doing what i have to do. But since i've stopped, I just BS and procrastinate.

Damn, even typing this is making me realize how much I miss cutting myself and how much I really really want to at this very moment. Only thing stopping me is my girlfriend, because the last time i did it she saw my scars and started crying, and that really got to me. I swear it's a bigger deal to everyone around me than it is me, and I still cant understand what people find so horrifying about it.

Last edited:
ADD / ADHD (debatably bipolar)
I'm sure most of you know that most of the time, ADD exists comorbidly with one or more disorders. So diagnoses can be sketchy

You guys ever experience anything like this?

I was taking a generic for Adderall last year and had the best semesters of my life, to date
Active, social, great shape, and ******g HAPPY (borderline manic)
But I was taking the **** more and more. Started relying on it for busy days, then road trips, then rugby/working out
Then it stopped affecting me

My current thoughts lead me to believe that I induced my way into depression.

Like I literally don't care about ****
I haven't felt any real emotion in a long time
You guys talk about hurting yourselves. Not gunna lie, I've thought about it. Then I realize it doesn't matter either way- live or die- I simply don't care. Which is the single most depressing thought I can think of.

Who knows? Maybe I'm bipolar. My mom was diagnosed with it, and I think institutionalized- but she'll never tell me

:rolleyes
anybody feel me

I spend alot of time telling myself that my problems and anxieties don't mean **** because there's real **** going on in the world and people with problems way worse than my who have way less control over them.

I suggest people do that.

Back
Top Bottom