Any NYC brahs using the new bike program?

I was reading in the newspaper that you have to check into a bike station every 30 mins or so or else you have to pay some sort of fee, kinda dumb if you wanna go for a long ride in a park or something.

Also someone already stole one of the bikes.

It's not meant for all day tourist riding, it's for short trips for the common new yorker. I think everyone will warm up to the idea of enjoying the cool breeze instead of the subway steam.

I like the idead.  but I'm tight because the bike stalls have now taken half the block.  Now it's a daily fight/struggle to find parking at work!!!

Yeah, the stalls are crazy intrusive. Saw them all over the city yesterday, and figured it would make an already terrible parking situation in Manhattan worse.

Thinking about a year membership, though. $95 for the year isn't bad at all.

I would definitely do this if I could. There are literally like five stations by my job (Bellevue) but none where I live in Ridgewood. Paying $95/year>>>a monthly metro card.

Parking in NYC isnt as bad as people make it seem honestly. Just know what times to take the whip out for parking and know when you might have to really just train it.

**** these bikes. People just cruising in the streets and in the way of traffic, can't stand it

After 24 hours if the bike is not returned its considered stolen.

Imagine someone stealing one of these from you outside somewhere and seeing that your card was charged $1,000 a day later. :lol:

We already have this in DC. I see those red Capital Bikeshare bikes all over the district, but ours is only $75/year 
pimp.gif

Parking in NYC isnt as bad as people make it seem honestly. Just know what times to take the whip out for parking and know when you might have to really just train it.

2 words: commercial parking.

From 30th street to 60th street nearly river to river

If u park your car without commercial plates its

A 110 dollar fine from 7am-7pm

2 words: commercial parking.

From 30th street to 60th street nearly river to river

If u park your car without commercial plates its

A 110 dollar fine from 7am-7pm

True, though i go to school on 68th so parking isnt bad. Weekends are easy to find parking anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom