Any of you guys did Tough Mudder?

Originally Posted by LORENander

Originally Posted by RESPECT FINESSE

Where's the NorCal heads at? September 22nd and 23rd in Patterson, Ca! Decided to participate this year and I already have a team of 5 including myself that is interested in running it.

i was thinking about doing it on the 22nd. got until the end of the month to decide and save at least 30 bucks for registration. 
for norcal/socal/west coast folks who want to do a "warmup", there's a 5+ mile mud run in san jose on april 28th, and other locations at other times. check out terrainracing.com. signed up for the 10am wave. 

those of you who went through tough mudder, how did you train? i've been doing insanity/running for a few months now, but i'm wondering which workouts will be more effective considering i don't have a gym membership.

Good looking out on that heads up for the mud run in San Jose. I might have to train earlier just to get a feel for running in the mud. Check out www.toughmudder.com and click on training. They have a Workout plan to help give you ideas for a regimen.

I plan on doing the one in Tahoe and then in 2013 they're having one in the Bay Area
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

I plan on doing the one in Tahoe and then in 2013 they're having one in the Bay Area
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Doing the one at Diablo Grande this year, not the Tahoe one the other one..

I've done three.
Takes about an 45 minutes per mile; walking and jogging. Average race is about 11 miles.
My friend is a firefighter and did it in 3.5 and he was in the top 10%.

Do it on a hot day. I did the Big Bear one on Sunday last year. If I did it on Saturday it would have been 70 degrees. Sunday it got as low as 32 and as high as 48. It snowed and we were jumping into ice. By mile 6 my body went into shock.

My other two have been cake walks compared to this first one.

Good luck, if you fee like one bad #!% muther when you finish one.

45 mins a mile?! That's 8 hours and 15 mins for the 11 mile course.

I'm shooting for around 15 mins a mile...2:45
pimp.gif
we'll see tho

Doing Diablo Grande in September. This vacation right now is not helping me at all.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom