Any Other NTers Stuck Between MEDIUM & LARGE? Vol. Clothing Sizes

NT, every time I buy clothes I have to fight between buying medium or large and almost every time I either pick wrong or I can't win. I'm 5'9" and around 165... slightly too big to sit at the medium table, but large won't claim me either :smh:

How do I fix this? Tired of walking around with fly clothes but lookin like I'm either wearin someone's hand-me-downs or like I'm tryin to bring Kid n Play steez back :x Anyone get their regular ish tailored as well as suits and slacks? Someone give me some answers please.

I've lost a couple pounds, so I'm in that range where a size 34 pair of jeans is uncomfortably tight and a size 36 won't stay on my *** without a tight belt. I used to wear a 36 comfortably and have trouble finding size 35 :frown:

I'm in the same boat. I'm between medium and small. I just go with the small everytime though cause the mediums are just too big. I'm working out again so I've been losing weight and itll all be good. My advice is always go with the smaller size, it hasnt failed me. I used to stick to the bigger one, now I have a bunch of stuff in my closet that I dont even want to touch
mean.gif

I've considered just getting it tailored, but the price of the alterations compared to the price of the shirts doesnt seem worth it.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Yes, I get my regular clothes tailored. T-shirts and under shirts I just ask them to make it fit like a marge or ledium (the term differs tailor to tailor for a medium/large combo).

How much does that usually run you? I have a few nice shirts that definitely need to be tailored then.

I'm in the same boat. I'm between medium and small. I just go with the small everytime though cause the mediums are just too big. I'm working out again so I've been losing weight and itll all be good. My advice is always go with the smaller size, it hasnt failed me. I used to stick to the bigger one, now I have a bunch of stuff in my closet that I dont even want to touch:smh:

I've considered just getting it tailored, but the price of the alterations compared to the price of the shirts doesnt seem worth it.

I usually go with a large on long sleeve shirts (sleeves on the medium are too short) and with short sleeve shirts I go medium. Pants are also a hassle...33/33 is probably my ideal size, but those are pretty scarce at times. The first world struggle is real :smh:

Last edited:
being stuck between a xl-2xl >> Its like the 2x is too wide im a skinny dude, but im 6'3 so sometimes the xl is too short. 
tired.gif
 Thank god i gained 15 lbs cuz my pants sice was like 32w 36l 
sick.gif

I usually go with a large on long sleeve shirts (sleeves on the medium are too short)
Especilly on button downs. I just decided to never buy short sleeved button downs anymore. I just buy all long sleeves and then do a quarter roll of the sleeves or a half roll.

I know that feel bro, I know that feel.

I know this struggle too well. 6 foot 180lbs
Medium usually fits....larges give me the dreaded "Wavy Back Syndrome" as we call it. Where the back of your shirt sways around in the wind because you can't fill out a large.
Button downs though...sleeve roll saves me all the time. A lot of mediums are short on me too....word to under armour work out shirts.....make them longer!

Only advice....find a brand that fits well and go with it. It sucks dealing with that...should i order this or not...its never going to fit...

Back
Top Bottom