Any past or present university of phoenix students???

My job is paying for me to attend online classes,and i think its stupid because i drive trucks for a living.They say they see potential in me and want to get me more famaliar with the business/accounting side of the company.

But does anybody here have any expierence with univ of phoenix? pros cons? help a brotha get a better understanding of this online schooling thing....good looks

You're basically buying your degree. We don't accept credits from them. Many many universities offer online courses and even online degree plans, I'd look there first if they're willing to pay for credits.

buying my degree,intresting.... so when u say we dont accept credits from them are you talking about transfering to a real school and the credits dont carry over?

Originally Posted by FedExciter

buying my degree,intresting.... so when u say we dont accept credits from them are you talking about transfering to a real school and the credits dont carry over?

Right.  That's just speaking about the Uni I work at though, it's up to each institution whether they'd take transfer credits or not.  Basically though, if the commercial has a catchy jingle we don't take them
laugh.gif
  But online courses are huge nowadays, but at my school they do cost more per credit so that's something to keep in mind. 

As for actual coursework, it's up to the persons self discipline.  In my experience most of the online courses have been structured like a normal class so there are given due dates, etc.  I find the online discussions sort of.. tedious.  I prefer actual lecture courses over online courses, but I'd rather have an online course than an independent course.  I procrastinate too much for those.

Back
Top Bottom