any places hiring?

i need another job, looking for a part/full time around long beach/lakewood/carson area or near by city.

Ive have communications and warehouse experience.. if that matters. I read something here that someone posted awhile back that a company was hirng drivers justto drive cars off the ships . any info is appreciated
pimp.gif

btw looking for any jobs besides fast food

UPS warehouse in Cerritos. I forget if it's off Shoemaker or Carmenita... but I know they're always hiring.

I know dudes that've been there since we were in high school('99).
eek.gif

^ cool ill go check it out... and thanks alot i needed this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

do you know what exactly they do there in the warehouse?

EDIT: just applied and got this. im surprised at the time of the interview.
ohwell.gif

You have been scheduled to meet with an interviewer on the following date and time:

Monday, March 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by UFCkid

^ cool ill go check it out... and thanks alot i needed this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

do you know what exactly they do there in the warehouse?

EDIT: just applied and got this. im surprised at the time of the interview.
ohwell.gif

You have been scheduled to meet with an interviewer on the following date and time:

Monday, March 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM

I believe it's shipping the packages... checking them and loading them into the UPS trucks.

And as far as the time goes,
laugh.gif
... Sorry man. But I know that they're open 24 hours, if that helps.

well the interview reminder that i got after applying was "casual" so im guessing button up, pants and dress shoes??

bump... i went to the interview (group interview) and the pay sucks with many deductables for being a union employee.. for min. wage doing slave work ill passand I would rather work at mcdonalds for min. wage. With that said i left during the middle of the interview..

anymore suggestions of places hiring or potential hiring?

try attic, cool peeps, cool shop (located in buena park) and good brands, what more could you ask for?? check the thread on the first page yo

check out toyota.com/talentlink

they seem to be hiring a lot lately. i was lucky and got into an office job not long ago.

[h3]UFCkid said:[/h3]
I read something here that someone posted awhile back that a company was hirng drivers just to drive cars off the ships

that my friend is a longshoremen. you got to be related by blood to someone who is a regular down there. luckily for me my pops, uncle, and 2 cousins arecasuals
pimp.gif

try to get a job with the post office. it will be slave labor for like the first 90 days, but the pay is close to 13/hr for like 40hours a week

didnt you use to work at maritz, finally quit?

Originally Posted by justdoNIKES

Maritz

laugh.gif
maritz is a joke. after inbound left, and they sent people back to dial from transcription, i didnt get no more then 10 surveys a day (6-7 hour shifts)luckily i was cool with the sups and the people in the office and they let me quit after 6 months of never meeting production

Originally Posted by doosta45

[h3]UFCkid said:[/h3]
I read something here that someone posted awhile back that a company was hirng drivers just to drive cars off the ships

that my friend is a longshoremen. you got to be related by blood to someone who is a regular down there. luckily for me my pops, uncle, and 2 cousins are casuals
pimp.gif

try to get a job with the post office. it will be slave labor for like the first 90 days, but the pay is close to 13/hr for like 40hours a week

didnt you use to work at maritz, finally quit?

Or you can enter the lottery to try and get it. Heres a tip though if you do. DONT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB.
My boy got lucky and got picked for an interview to be a longshoreman (its something ridiculous like a 1% chance). He quit his fulltime gig at the post officethinking he would be rolling in the dough. Not so much. Because he was a noob, he would end up hanging around at the Union Hall or wherever and would getlucky to get 15-20hrs of work each week. All the other dudes with more seniority and experience would get the call before he did. He said he spent a lot oftime just sitting around doing nothing and not getting paid.

Back
Top Bottom