Any shoes out there that are similar to the Jordan XIX in terms of springiness?

Are there any shoes out there that are similar to the Jordan XIX in terms of springiness? For some reason in this shoe I get an extra 2-3 inches on myvertical. The 2k5 and Zoom Kobe 1 don't come close. The downside of the Jordan XIX is that there isn't great support around the midfoot and thecushioning is on the mushy side. I tried getting a pair of Jordan XIX SE which has great midfoot support, however there is toe pinching from the patentleather which is very annoying. I wonder if it goes away after a while. Anyways, does anyone know a shoe with the springiness of the Jordan XIX? All answersappreciated. Thank You.
happy.gif

hmm, that's a good question.

can't think of any off the top of my head.

but i do agree with you on the springiness of the XIX.

The Zoom Lebron V have double stacked zoom in the heel and with the phyposite bucket and carbon fibre spring plate, support in the midfoot and around the wholefoot should be pretty nice.

and some people seem to think they look like the XIX SE? They seem like a good fit, give em a try! haha

The Zoom BB and huarache 2k4 are lightweight shoes but they do not offer the springiness of the XIX. The Zoom Lebron II is a mushy shoe and also it has nocarbon fiber spring/shank plate. For me the heel of the Zoom Lebron V and Zoom Kobe II makes it feel like I am walking on concrete. I need a shoe that has thespringiness, technology, and cushioning of the XIX and so far I have been unable to find it. Perhaps the upcoming Jordan XXIII may be the solution. Also forthose that have the XIX SE, does the patent toe pinching go away over time or does it stay?

I hear what you are saying about the "springiness", of the XIX, but the cushioning make up of that shoe, hasn't been used in alot of Nike hoopsshoes. The Sockliner coupled with the airbags used, gave that shoe a distinctive feel.

The XIX SE isn't even the same as the XIX in this regard, as that shoe is a bit denser and less springy.

The only shoe that I've felt that came close, was the LBJ III, which did use a carbon fiber plate.

*BTW, I didn't like the XIX at all, as I felt they were TOO soft, bordering on mushy, causing my feet to feel numb after wearing them for too long.

I agree with you Jack Johnson, the XIX does feel soft on the mushy side, however the springiness of the XIX is amazing. I tried the Lebron III, it's tooheavy for me and doesn't give me that lockdown fit. I wonder how the Jordan XXIII will be on springiness. Thanks for your reply Jack.

The pinching does eventually go away in the XIX SE
the XIX are probably one of my favorite Jordans.
In terms of springiness, i think the Nike Zoom Turbine's cushioning is a good comparison to the XIX cushioning......but good luck finding a pair, i know imstill looking for another pair or two.

I felt some springiness on my huarache 2k5, not sure though if the spring feeling would last, coz i already sold it after two months of wearing... Another onethat i felt the spring feeling is the 20.5.5....

The Air Jordan XVIII have the same spring feel that the XIX do, the XVIII have been my fav bball shoe of all time along with the Shox BB4

^Exactly what I replied with, except it didn't go through the first time this morning - DAMN.

Anyway, I have XVIII Lows and they feel really springy. I don't like them for ball really, they have great traction and spring, but that's about it forme.

I've only worn the XIX SE though, so I don't know what XIX is like. The XIX SE didn't work well for me at all, it ran a bit big so it threw a lotof things off for me.

give the af25 a chance, have a nice carbon spring plate, they feel very springy great shoes.

the Zoom BB, they are the best, best of the best, best in comfort, best in looks, best in performance, best for when you are at the house
cleaning, best for when you are cooking, cleaning, doing your homework, best for when you are going to casual places, better than any other shoe out on themarket,
better than the zoom kobe 2, better than LBJ4, better than your mommas Crocs, yes i said it.

Back
Top Bottom